Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I am wondering if they are going to somewhat match. Obviously the Dust Jacket is going to be individual to the book but what about Slipcases and Traycases? I know they will be amazing either way but I am a bit curious
    I expect the height will be the same, but I am guessing different colors for the slipcases. Of course, a set of uniform colored cases would also be nice.

Comment

Took the plunge with the gift edition. I debated since I have the PS version on order, but I figured I can't go wrong with CD's too.

Comment

I passed on the PS edition of Carrie after receiving Pet Semetary and Christine via SubPress. The quality, or lack of, of the paper for the text pages, the lack of quality in the art reproduction and the short size hardbacks make me feel like they are book club editions instead of something put out by a specialty press. I am ecstatic that Pet Semetary will be "corrected" by CD with a high quality edition.

Comment

I'm certainly on the fence with this one. It's not a title I like much and the artwork didn't grab me. I'm still thinking I will pass however my gift edition of IT may be my favorite SK book on the shelf.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Seriously on the fence about this... I have two editions of Carrie, Salem's Lot, the Shining and the Stand (one original and one expanded) already... three with Salem's Lot, actually. I do have the Salem's Lot with the deleted scenes, but if any of the other books had extra material, I'd be tempted. I have the Shining prologue in hardback (Whispers magazine limited edition HB), too... though "After The Play" would be tempting. Night Shift I'm definitely intrigued about. Can't wait to see what's coming with that one.

I would love to get these just to have them, but I've got to think about it... serious money for a book I already have twice. I might just do it!

Anyway, I have the Carrie Collector's edition, with Tabitha's foreword... I wonder if it's going to be the afterword now? The description makes it sound the same.

Comment

If you can swing the $85, I would get Carrie, if only as an experiment so you can see the quality of the production. Worst case, you resell it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm leaning toward it. Not so much for Carrie itself but to get the whole set. Not that I don't absolutely love Carrie.

Comment

I really want to be part of the crowd but...

Comment

My 2 cents are that if you are really a King fan and you can afford the gift edition, based on the quality of previous CD gift editions, I can't see someone being less that delighted with this book.
                    Last edited by bsaenz24; 04-08-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Just ordered the gift one myself. Looks great. I also have ordered the one from PS...i may go ahead and keep both. Thanks to CD for providing cool products. I have enjoyed reading all the posts.

Comment

I don't want to make this a negative thread so I will stop replying. I've been back and forth on this since the announcement and I've made up my mind to pass on this. I'm sure at some point I may be kicking myself but I don't love Carrie and really do not like the artwork. I don't do much selling so if I would spend the money on the book it would stay in my collection. I would prefer to spend the money somewhere else.

I can't say enough good things about CD but this time it wasn't for me.

Comment

I don't think you were in any way adding negativity. Not every book is for every buyer/reader.

Comment

I like the Chadbourne artwork of PS publishings edition, and the extra contributors signatures, but I prefer, in general, CDs oversized deluxe binding. Tough choice.

Comment

The downside, for me, to the PS editions were: cheaper paper, smaller size and poorly reproduced art. The PS editions are even shorter than a normal height hardback. I plan on selling the PS Pet Semetary copy that I have, not that I'll be able to get a real edition.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                I passed on the PS edition of Carrie after receiving Pet Semetary and Christine via SubPress.
                                I agree, but I don't own a hardback copy of Carrie, so I bought it anyway. If I only had known....

Comment

Working...
                                X