Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Production Update Questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi Brian, Any updates yet on when we can expect the remaining books in the 2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag to be announced? Any info on this grab bag would be appreciated as it has been awhile since we've received any updates. Thanks!!!

    Comment


      Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      Hi Brian, Any updates yet on when we can expect the remaining books in the 2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag to be announced? Any info on this grab bag would be appreciated as it has been awhile since we've received any updates. Thanks!!!
      Based on their current status, I would have to think it'll be this year, but Dan and I aren't fully looped into the plans, so I cannot say with 100% certainty.

      Brian
      Brian James Freeman
      brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

      Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
      Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
      Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

      Comment


        So guys, The Stand Lettered was preordered in January 2018. And it still hasn't been announced to the public for any other editions...ANY news? Are we going to be waiting 5 or 6 years to even get this book? I understand last year slowed things, but what is happening that we're 3 1/2 years on, and it hasn't been even announced? We've seen nothing. Not to mention all the other 2017/18 books that are stuck on "should be heading to the printer."

        Comment


          Originally posted by RICHARDHALLERAN View Post
          So guys, The Stand Lettered was preordered in January 2018. And it still hasn't been announced to the public for any other editions...ANY news? Are we going to be waiting 5 or 6 years to even get this book? I understand last year slowed things, but what is happening that we're 3 1/2 years on, and it hasn't been even announced? We've seen nothing. Not to mention all the other 2017/18 books that are stuck on "should be heading to the printer."
          Hi Richard,

          We were waiting until after Night Shift to do the official public announcement. That and at the last minute we had to have some sig sheet resigned because of an issue we found. I think Brian and I were hoping to quietly send this to the printer and then do the public announcement. It's been quietly in the works though.
          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

          Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

          Comment


            Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

            Hi Richard,

            We were waiting until after Night Shift to do the official public announcement. That and at the last minute we had to have some sig sheet resigned because of an issue we found. I think Brian and I were hoping to quietly send this to the printer and then do the public announcement. It's been quietly in the works though.
            Thanks for the reply. I've waited for several books for more than a few years, it's just concerning when I still have over $6k worth of preorders still from 2017 and '18. The Stand was the most anticipated, but I am also waiting for Night Shift, Southern Reach, strange weather, the 2018 upcoming stuff...it just not getting updated all that often on the site and that's not building great confidence.

            thanks

            Comment


              Originally posted by RICHARDHALLERAN View Post

              Thanks for the reply. I've waited for several books for more than a few years, it's just concerning when I still have over $6k worth of preorders still from 2017 and '18. The Stand was the most anticipated, but I am also waiting for Night Shift, Southern Reach, strange weather, the 2018 upcoming stuff...it just not getting updated all that often on the site and that's not building great confidence.

              thanks
              Night Shift (I'm assuming you have the lettered on order) the cases for that I believe are in production. Southern Reach and Strange Weather are both at the printer I believe.
              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

              Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

                Night Shift (I'm assuming you have the lettered on order) the cases for that I believe are in production. Southern Reach and Strange Weather are both at the printer I believe.
                Yep, yep, and yep. Southern Reach and Stranger Weather will need cases made, so those cannot be started until we have finished books (the new printer isn't comfortable making dummy books for sizing, and we don't 100% trust "case sizing" templates when it comes to getting slipcases correctly sized), but they ARE making good progress.

                Brian
                Brian James Freeman
                brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

                  Yep, yep, and yep. Southern Reach and Stranger Weather will need cases made, so those cannot be started until we have finished books (the new printer isn't comfortable making dummy books for sizing, and we don't 100% trust "case sizing" templates when it comes to getting slipcases correctly sized), but they ARE making good progress.

                  Brian
                  All fantastic news, thanks again for the reply and reassurance. I'm not usually this impatient haha.

                  Comment


                    Hey Dan- When you get a minute, can you please post an update revealing what is in the shipping queue now?

                    Comment


                      Sure. Currently we're working our way through the July 4th sale orders. Then we're going to ship the Little Gold Book, and by the the time we're done that the If It Bleeds slipcases should be here and we'll be shipping those.

                      After that in no particular order are a grab bag we sold, the CDCC shirt we just sold (assuming the shirts arrive), 2 lettered editions, and an other publisher book
                      CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                      Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

                      Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X