This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    Hey all.....been a while since I've been on here! Hope everyone is doing well in this crazy 2020! Reading time has been consistent, however Covid layoff for my wife here in Windsor, Ontario has really hurt - she's been off since March and still not back, so hence my collecting and book buying have suffered.

Looked at my outstanding orders and thank you for the updates on Graveside Manner 1 & 2, but want to get updates on the following that I show are still open:

X_CDCC6 - not sure what book this is to be
    Four Halloween's 2
    Shivers VIII
    Wow, Jamie! It has been a minute. Sorry to hear about your wife's employment. Like so many of us, I'm sure you're ready to put this year behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
      Anyone have any info as to the status of 'In Sunlight or In Shadows'? Looks like it's showing as 'forthcoming' - but not sure if that's out of date or not.
      Everything is now ready for the printer, so it's just a matter of Richard getting this one into the printing queue. We still have a printing backlog, unfortunately, from having our two major printers go out of business without warning while we were trying to print Sleeping Beauties, but we're making progress on the list. Thank you for asking!

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Is there any update for Seasons of Terror? ~Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          Is there any update for Seasons of Terror? ~Cap
          I'm guessing here (haven't really been involved with that project), but the trade got pushed back until March 2021 and I think the plan had been to publish them at the same time. So I'm under the assumption that we have to wait for our editions until the trade. Just guessing though, Brian might know better.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Any news yet on when we can expect the remaining books in the 2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag to be announced/published? I believe only one has been announced so far: the John Saul book. Any info on this grab bag will be appreciated as it has been awhile since we've received any updates.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Any news yet on when we can expect the remaining books in the 2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag to be announced/published? I believe only one has been announced so far: the John Saul book. Any info on this grab bag will be appreciated as it has been awhile since we've received any updates.
              These are all stuck in the current log jam from covid and what not. I think we're just waiting to announce the remaining titles at this point until we can get them to the printer.

Instagram

Comment

Any news on the printing status of either "Turn Down the Lights" or "We're All in This Together"? I ordered these books on 02/14/2014 and 06/05/2015. The Production Updates page has said the two titles will either be sent to the printer "as soon as possible" or "later this year" for almost two years. Any news would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chetripley80 View Post
                  Any news on the printing status of either "Turn Down the Lights" or "We're All in This Together"? I ordered these books on 02/14/2014 and 06/05/2015. The Production Updates page has said the two titles will either be sent to the printer "as soon as possible" or "later this year" for almost two years. Any news would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
                  Yeah, we definitely need a better update for those. Those two are ready for the printer, but we lost nearly a year of production time when the two printers went out of business while working on SLEEPING BEAUTIES. So, for a fairly long period of time there, we only had our "small" printer available and they cannot do Lettered Editions or anything fancy.

We have a new "big" printer now -- they just finished NIGHT SHIFT for us this summer -- but the problem we're working through is this: the books that were "printer ready" around the time the SLEEPING BEAUTIES situation occurred, and the books that reached the "printer ready" stage while we searching for new printers, have collided with the books that have reached the "printer ready" stage since then.

Even if our new big printer could take ALL of the ready books at the same time (which they cannot, especially with all of the time they lost this year to COVID-19 related shut downs and decreased production at their facility due to reduced staffing), we're not equipped to handle that many books coming back into the warehouse at the same time.

So, right now we're staggering old books and new books (that have time related contractual obligations) into production at the printer.

Dan and I aren't in the loop about how and why specific old titles are selected when there's an opening at the printer, but I'm hoping to be able to give much firmer updates for ALL titles in January 2021, once we get through the usual holiday insanity.

VERY sorry about the wait on these, and we really appreciate your patience!

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

To add to what Brian said. Production times are really slow across the board right now at the printers. For Example a project we started at the begining of September isn't estimated to be finished at the printer until sometime in January. This is a project who's turnaround time pre-covid would have been less than 2 months.

Instagram

Comment

Gotta ask: what's shipping?? I haven't gotten a shipping notice, but my Informed Delivery says I'm getting a package from Forest Hill, MD.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Gotta ask: what's shipping?? I haven't gotten a shipping notice, but my Informed Delivery says I'm getting a package from Forest Hill, MD.
                        I have a CDCC10 Chapbook and a mystery package coming from CD. The mystery package may be a Freeman Patreon shipment as they sometimes come via CD without shipping notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have a CDCC10 Chapbook and a mystery package coming from CD. The mystery package may be a Freeman Patreon shipment as they sometimes come via CD without shipping notice.
                          Ah ok, then it's my chapbook. Is it a catalog allowing me to order chaps? Is it that kind of chapbook?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Ah ok, then it's my chapbook. Is it a catalog allowing me to order chaps? Is it that kind of chapbook?
                            Here is the original announcement:
                            An Exclusive Brand New Richard Chizmar Signed Limited Edition Chapbook!

So, it is by Richard Chizmar, it is signed and it is not used. However Amazon has you covered: https://www.amazon.com/Tough-Western...NsaWNrPXRydWU= (or uncovered depending on the view)

Comment

Not that you did, but I always find it funny when people say buttless chaps . . . because they're buttless pants, that's what makes the chaps. Just like saying sleeveless vests . . .

Back to our regularly scheduled "where's my book at?" thread . . .

Comment

I have a couple questions . Wondering when the Second SK grab bag is shipping and also I’ve noticed that the last few shipments have been packed with brown paper instead of packing peanuts. Just curious if this is for environmental reasons or has COVID brought a shortage of packing peanuts . I ask because some othe publishers are doing the same and some are still using the peanuts. Packing is still great so it’s more of a curiosity thing then anything else

Comment

Working...
                                X