Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last several production updates, the updates for the LE of Gwendy's Magic Feather have remained the same. Has anything moved forward with that book? Thanks!

"The Limited Edition is starting into production now that we've completely finished everything for the trade hardcover."

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead View Post
      For the last several production updates, the updates for the LE of Gwendy's Magic Feather have remained the same. Has anything moved forward with that book? Thanks!

"The Limited Edition is starting into production now that we've completely finished everything for the trade hardcover."
      I don't have any updates to share right now, maybe Brian has more info than I do.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I was doing a quick review of some of my past orders and could not find updates for the following:
        • GRAVESIDE MANNER (1, 2, and 3)
        • Cemetery Dance Book Club 2016
          • CHART OF DARKNESS by Kevin Quigley
          • IN THE PORCHES by Norman Prentiss
          • THE SUICIDE DIARY by Brian James Freeman (replacement for CHEESEBOY by Graham Masterton)
        Any word on those?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mikekaz View Post
          I was doing a quick review of some of my past orders and could not find updates for the following:
          • GRAVESIDE MANNER (1, 2, and 3)
          • Cemetery Dance Book Club 2016
            • CHART OF DARKNESS by Kevin Quigley
            • IN THE PORCHES by Norman Prentiss
            • THE SUICIDE DIARY by Brian James Freeman (replacement for CHEESEBOY by Graham Masterton)
          Any word on those?

Thanks!
          Sure. Graveside Manner 1 and 2, Chart of Darkness, and In the Porches all just need a slot at the printer. In fact pre COVID all of those were on the books for earlier this year. COVID brought our printing plans to a crawl so we had to re-evalute the schedule.

Graveside Manner 3's sig sheets are still circulating (this type of sig sheet always takes awhile).

Last but not least, the titles in the book club are never really fixed until they're announced. That 3rd book is not longer Suicide Diary, but is a different book by Brian. I think that one is ready to go as well.

For what it's worth we currently have a really large number of projects that are just ready to go. We just can't send them all at once because of limited availability at the printers. Hopefully things at the printer (and the case maker for that matter) will setting down / pick up pace again soon and we can get rolling on some of these other projects. COVID really wrecked Brian and my plans for this year.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Sure. Graveside Manner 1 and 2, Chart of Darkness, and In the Porches all just need a slot at the printer. In fact pre COVID all of those were on the books for earlier this year. COVID brought our printing plans to a crawl so we had to re-evalute the schedule.

Graveside Manner 3's sig sheets are still circulating (this type of sig sheet always takes awhile).

Last but not least, the titles in the book club are never really fixed until they're announced. That 3rd book is not longer Suicide Diary, but is a different book by Brian. I think that one is ready to go as well.

For what it's worth we currently have a really large number of projects that are just ready to go. We just can't send them all at once because of limited availability at the printers. Hopefully things at the printer (and the case maker for that matter) will setting down / pick up pace again soon and we can get rolling on some of these other projects. COVID really wrecked Brian and my plans for this year.
            I know I sucks. 2020 started out so great for you guys. Then like everything else............. Hopefully things get back on track by the end of the year.

Comment

Yeah, 2020 sucks for a lot of reasons.

I don't mind being patient. I just need the occasional reminder that I wasn't forgotten or had the package stolen off my porch without me even knowing it. :-)

Thank you!!

Comment

Midnight Under the Big Top is no longer on the production update list. I ordered the signed limited edition - was it removed from the list because it is about to be shipped?

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                  Midnight Under the Big Top is no longer on the production update list. I ordered the signed limited edition - was it removed from the list because it is about to be shipped?
                  Correct. It's shipping right now.

Instagram

Comment

Got my signed limited edition hardcover of Midnight Under the Big Top and it's a beauty! Love the title design on the front board. But I do wonder why you took it down from the production update page since the lettered isn't shipping yet. Should we just be looking at the traycase section of the Update page to stay informed?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Got my signed limited edition hardcover of Midnight Under the Big Top and it's a beauty! Love the title design on the front board. But I do wonder why you took it down from the production update page since the lettered isn't shipping yet. Should we just be looking at the traycase section of the Update page to stay informed?
                      I think my copy is scheduled to be delivered today but USPS tracking doesn't seem to be working right now. I agree that it's odd that it was removed from the Production Updates page before all of the editions have shipped. Perhaps that was an oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        We don't typically give the lettereds their own entry on the productions update page, unless the book itself is a completely separate production (like Cardinal Black was). Since the books are in hand the lettered is just now in the "Needs Traycases" queue. Which is actually emptying out and we'll be caught up there before we know it.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

We don't typically give the lettereds their own entry on the productions update page, unless the book itself is a completely separate production (like Cardinal Black was). Since the books are in hand the lettered is just now in the "Needs Traycases" queue. Which is actually emptying out and we'll be caught up there before we know it.
                          Awesome! That's what I thought. If the signed limited is any indication, the Lettered Edition is going to be fantastic!

Comment

Hey all.....been a while since I've been on here! Hope everyone is doing well in this crazy 2020! Reading time has been consistent, however Covid layoff for my wife here in Windsor, Ontario has really hurt - she's been off since March and still not back, so hence my collecting and book buying have suffered.

Looked at my outstanding orders and thank you for the updates on Graveside Manner 1 & 2, but want to get updates on the following that I show are still open:

X_CDCC6 - not sure what book this is to be
                            Four Halloween's 2
                            Shivers VIII

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              Hey all.....been a while since I've been on here! Hope everyone is doing well in this crazy 2020! Reading time has been consistent, however Covid layoff for my wife here in Windsor, Ontario has really hurt - she's been off since March and still not back, so hence my collecting and book buying have suffered.

Looked at my outstanding orders and thank you for the updates on Graveside Manner 1 & 2, but want to get updates on the following that I show are still open:

X_CDCC6 - not sure what book this is to be
                              Four Halloween's 2
                              Shivers VIII
                              Hi TJ,

Looks like the productions update page for those needs to be updated. Shivers VIII just needs a slot at the printer (along with soo many other things). I don't think we're still waiting on a sig for Four Halloween anymore Brian should hopefully be able to confirm.

As far as the CDCC 6 goes, you got the book for CDCC 6. My records show that was Better Weird, and it was shipped several years ago. Interestingly enough the produce X_CDCC6 is actually still showing as backordered, looks like we didn't put enough inventory in the system back when we sold that originally so about 30 of the service items are still on back order, when they should have just filled immediately. So X_CDCC6 isn't actually a real product, it's a fake product that automatically adds all the other things that came with the CDCC to that order.

Instagram

Comment

Anyone have any info as to the status of 'In Sunlight or In Shadows'? Looks like it's showing as 'forthcoming' - but not sure if that's out of date or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X