Clear All

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Still no the store.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

Should be back up in a day or so! HTML was being dodgy so we are designing it differently so it can actually be tweaked/updated without crashing. Will be right back!
    I was hoping it was just something like that! Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Is there a reason that the Production Update page was reverted to the prior version?
    Should be back up in a day or so! HTML was being dodgy so we are designing it differently so it can actually be tweaked/updated without crashing. Will be right back!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Is there a reason that the Production Update page was reverted to the prior version?

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Thank you! And thanks for the input on how to make it better/more functional.

It's still a work in progress, some of the changes advised are still intended! I drafted it up in an email and dumped it on the website guy at once, still needs some cleaning up.

All titles should lead to product pages that include the specs for the Limited editions, but realistically that's going to be an ongoing process. Should be a more current update coming in the next couple days and I believe we're going to be able to start moving some of the really old titles in the coming months. Will add in changing FGB to say "Forthcoming Grab Bag." As for The Stand--as it stands(har har) I'm told we plan to ship the book in Autumn. Can't guarantee it rock-solid, but that's certainly the timeline we're using around the office. Will hopefully be able to put it in green as "Printing" by the end of summer. Fingers crossed!
    Same as Martin - I appreciate the efforts. I too have backorders dating backing to 2017, and it's nice to know that some of these older titles have some actual movement occurring.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

It's still a work in progress, some of the changes advised are still intended! I drafted it up in an email and dumped it on the website guy at once, still needs some cleaning up.

All titles should lead to product pages that include the specs for the Limited editions, but realistically that's going to be an ongoing process. Should be a more current update coming in the next couple days and I believe we're going to be able to start moving some of the really old titles in the coming months. Will add in changing FGB to say "Forthcoming Grab Bag." As for The Stand--as it stands(har har) I'm told we plan to ship the book in Autumn. Can't guarantee it rock-solid, but that's certainly the timeline we're using around the office. Will hopefully be able to put it in green as "Printing" by the end of summer. Fingers crossed!
    As someone with a significant number of backorders dating back to 2007, I greatly appreciate the efforts to improve the communication on the status of the backlog!

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied

Thank you for pointing this update out. I took a look at it and it is greatly improved. I do have a few suggestions from a useability standpoint. Not all titles have links to the product page. The link is useful for people like me who do not have all the title details committed to memory and want to make sure what book the update is about. My second suggestion is to please avoid using acronyms. Multiple books state ' Planned to print with the rest of the FGB', I have no idea what that is. I actually went to look at one of the books 'In The Porches of My Ears' to try and figure it out and there is no link. I then noticed that 'Suffer The Children' had the same statement and a link. The description of the book also does not explain 'FGB'. My last suggestion is book specific. 'The Stand' update states 'We are finishing up the slipcase/traycase design. We are scheduled to produce it this autumn.' Does that statement mean that the book will be ready to ship in Autumn or that you will begin production of the cases at that time? If, as I suspect, the cases will begin production in the autumn, then the autumn date is just a milestone in production, as a customer I am looking for a shipping estimate rather than an estimate of a milestone. 

I want to sincerely thank the people updating the production update page. It is an important tool for your customers!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

It took me a few minutes to figure out FGB, but it's "Forthcoming Grab Bag", which was offered to the CD book club in 2018.

Thank you. The chances of me figuring that out is exactly 0%. Guess I should check my pre-orders and see if I ordered it.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Multiple books state ' Planned to print with the rest of the FGB', I have no idea what that is. I actually went to look at one of the books 'In The Porches of My Ears' to try and figure it out and there is no link. I then noticed that 'Suffer The Children' had the same statement and a link. The description of the book also does not explain 'FGB'.
    It took me a few minutes to figure out FGB, but it's "Forthcoming Grab Bag", which was offered to the CD book club in 2018.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I just saw the latest Production Updates page - https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

That's much better! Now we have dates attached to each book update, so we can tell when the status changed.
    Thanks DanFranklin  for your input in getting these changes pushed through. 
    Thank you for pointing this update out. I took a look at it and it is greatly improved. I do have a few suggestions from a useability standpoint. Not all titles have links to the product page. The link is useful for people like me who do not have all the title details committed to memory and want to make sure what book the update is about. My second suggestion is to please avoid using acronyms. Multiple books state ' Planned to print with the rest of the FGB', I have no idea what that is. I actually went to look at one of the books 'In The Porches of My Ears' to try and figure it out and there is no link. I then noticed that 'Suffer The Children' had the same statement and a link. The description of the book also does not explain 'FGB'. My last suggestion is book specific. 'The Stand' update states 'We are finishing up the slipcase/traycase design. We are scheduled to produce it this autumn.' Does that statement mean that the book will be ready to ship in Autumn or that you will begin production of the cases at that time? If, as I suspect, the cases will begin production in the autumn, then the autumn date is just a milestone in production, as a customer I am looking for a shipping estimate rather than an estimate of a milestone. 

I want to sincerely thank the people updating the production update page. It is an important tool for your customers!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just saw the latest Production Updates page - https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

That's much better! Now we have dates attached to each book update, so we can tell when the status changed.
    Thanks DanFranklin  for your input in getting these changes pushed through. 

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Any updates on the Billy Summers slipcase? (Wanted to repost this since my 04/03 post hasn't been responded to yet, afraid it may get lost among the newer posts, thanks!)

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    I have three books shipping to me, including Usher's Passing lettered, and the Overlook 2023 King calendar book (year almost 1/3 over!), all 3 have labels and await shipping, the calendar book since 3/28. Wonder what the hold-up is?

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    I see the store is starting to ship. Hopefully mine will ship soon.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Any updates on the Billy Summers slipcase?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X