X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goathunter
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

Odd statement. People complain if nothing is shipping and now complain when there is too much to ship.
    That can be boiled down to just "People complain."

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
    You have a whole bunch of things to ship first?  After 5 years?  How sad.
    Odd statement. People complain if nothing is shipping and now complain when there is too much to ship.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Hi Dan-
    Is Best of CD 2 lettered edition in that shipping queue? The production update is confusing - it says traycases for this are both finishing design AND finishing production. Can't be both.

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
    You have a whole bunch of things to ship first? After 5 years? How sad.
    I'm not sure I follow why in particular that is sad? Warehouse is never the hold up point for more than a few days. If there's a delay on warehouse side, it's because we have loads of stuff coming in. That's a good thing!

In this case, we got thousands of Gwendy trilogy cases (originally forecasted for mid summer) in along with several other projects within the span of about a week, just before the Interview pallets came, on top of our usual day-to-day stuff. Our primary warehouse shipper is on vacation, but the new part timer is churning through them. Mindy and I have tried to help with some of them (finally getting the Gothic HCs all out, the pair of beautiful DRT books that shipped last week, etc) but we have full time tasks other than the hands-on shipping, and we can't drop a limited project on a brand new part-timer anyway. I'm thrilled to get the Interviews in, I'm glad we're shipping them before we get the cases, and I'm excited to have a lot of things shipping first. I'm excited for the other stuff waiting to ship after Interview, too, just like I'm happy to be scrambling getting things done on front office side. More things to printers, to retailers, to distributors, even more clerical work. It is fantastic. It means things are moving.

Leave a comment:

• pumpheel
    replied
    You have a whole bunch of things to ship first?  After 5 years?  How sad.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Very cool news! Thanks, Dan!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

Off the record, but Interview books are in stock! We have a whole bunch of things to ship first, though
    Hey, great! I'm looking forward to getting it

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

And on checking today, I see an update. Looks like it should be done by the end of May: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice:
    PRINTING. Anticipated to arrive in the next two weeks. As the slipcase has not yet been produced, we will ship the book and slipcase separately to get your books to you faster. It’s gorgeous. (5/17/2023)

Off the record, but Interview books are in stock! We have a whole bunch of things to ship first, though

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    On another note, Interview with the Vampire was supposed to be done in April...any updates on that one?
    And on checking today, I see an update. Looks like it should be done by the end of May: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice:
    PRINTING. Anticipated to arrive in the next two weeks. As the slipcase has not yet been produced, we will ship the book and slipcase separately to get your books to you faster. It’s gorgeous. (5/17/2023)

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Finally got The Store last week.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Just want to point out that the new Production Update page has quickly become just like the previous version. The last three updates have all listed a new update date at the top with the following update directly below the new date. 'A Face in the Crowd/The Longest December will be another 3-4 weeks before copies are ready to ship to us.' The update on the book at the top is dated May 4th and provides a 3 to 4 week delay. The update below for the sale book lists an update date of 03/31 and states 'Due to delays, we expect the trade edition in April.'
    So basically, the site states that the book is being delayed an additional 3 to 4 weeks repeatedly.
    I've noticed that too. Any such 'update' is pointless without a date for reference. On another note, Interview with the Vampire was supposed to be done in April...any updates on that one?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Just want to point out that the new Production Update page has quickly become just like the previous version. The last three updates have all listed a new update date at the top with the following update directly below the new date. 'A Face in the Crowd/The Longest December will be another 3-4 weeks before copies are ready to ship to us.' The update on the book at the top is dated May 4th and provides a 3 to 4 week delay. The update below for the sale book lists an update date of 03/31 and states 'Due to delays, we expect the trade edition in April.'
    So basically, the site states that the book is being delayed an additional 3 to 4 weeks repeatedly.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

I haven't received mine either. Perhaps something came in that took priority in the shipping queue?
    I would email Mindy. I got my copy after emailing her. Now I'm waiting for the Lividian Fairy Tale slipcase.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

If you mean CD shipping their copies of Little’s THE STORE, I received mine (from CD) at least a month ago.
    I haven't received mine either. Perhaps something came in that took priority in the shipping queue?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Still no the store.
    If you mean CD shipping their copies of Little’s THE STORE, I received mine (from CD) at least a month ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X