X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I have a couple of questions about IT. More of interest items for me than anything else:

1.) Based on posts in The Century's Best Horror Fiction, How long has IT:T25THAE been in the works?

2.) Who suggested it:CD or Mr. King?
    Brian posted this on another message board to someone asking roughly the same question:

Originally posted by Brian Freeman
    IT has always been Richard's favorite book, and the personal significance to him came up in conversation late last year... along with the realization that this year would mark 25 years since IT was first published. Some ideas were kicked around and the project came together very naturally... and, luckily, very quickly because there wasn't much time for production! We've been burning the midnight oil ever since to make sure we could publish IT this year while not letting up on the other books we're publishing this year.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I have a couple of questions about IT. More of interest items for me than anything else:

1.) Based on posts in The Century's Best Horror Fiction, How long has IT:T25THAE been in the works?

2.) Who suggested it:CD or Mr. King?

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I still have to check the CD website every couple of days to make sure I haven't just been dreaming up this limited edition of IT!!!! Seriously, this is the coolest specialty press news I can remember. And considering all that CD has done so far, that IS saying something!!!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I agree: a huge THANKS to all!

sk

Leave a comment:

• bigcoffinhunter
    replied
    I'm sure the last 30 hours were quite a ride for Mindy, Brian, Dan, Kate, and Mr. Chizmar. Thanks for all you guys do!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by cdfan View Post
    Congrats to CD and all those who got one.

Thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

• cdfan
    replied
    I see the limited edition has joined the lettered edition as sold out. Congrats to CD and all those who got one.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I agree it'll go beyond fall, as I am very much looking forward to getting The Mailman towards the end of the year and I'm hoping the get the Vampyricon trilogy in time for a Christmas present to myself, lol. Looking forward to hopefully getting several titles this fall, though IT and The Horror Hall of Fame are the 2 I am looking forward to the most (Unless the Horror Hall of Fame comes out in the Summer, which would be great as well, and will still be great if I have to wait even longer).

Leave a comment:

• bigcoffinhunter
    replied
    I'm hoping for IT, Big Book of Necon, and Century's Best Horror Fiction to all come out this fall. Three signed King books before Christmas would be awesome

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Sounds good to me. Fall is going to be a good season for me this year with all the CD titles that will hopefully be shipped that I have preordered.
    I think it will go well beyond Fall!! CD seems to have reached a new tier in production efforts and customer service!!!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Sounds good to me. Fall is going to be a good season for me this year with all the CD titles that will hopefully be shipped that I have preordered.

Leave a comment:

• bigcoffinhunter
    replied
    I'm starting to get the feeling that this books is sort of a big deal...

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
    Is "fall" also the generic time frame for the gift edition or will that be sooner? If I remember correctly I read It for the first and the last time in the fall of 1991 or '92 so it's going to be like meeting up with an old friend. Let's skip summer this year!
    I believe our goal is to attempt to ship the Gift and the Limited at the same time. So yea that would also be the generic time frame for the gift as well.

Leave a comment:

• Pennywise
    replied
    Is "fall" also the generic time frame for the gift edition or will that be sooner? If I remember correctly I read It for the first and the last time in the fall of 1991 or '92 so it's going to be like meeting up with an old friend. Let's skip summer this year!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    After thinking about it I went ahead and purchased a Limited Edition copy as well before they sell out. Won't be able to spend much more this month but figured it would be a good investment, plus it'll be my first signed King title and first traycased book period. No way I could afford the lettered edition though

Any idea when these titles will be finished?
    Fall is the "generic" time frame right now -- as soon as King has time to sign the sheets, we'll be able to nail down a month with our printer!

Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X