• Show
Clear All

• bsaenz24
    replied
    That is a stunning presentation!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Photos of It: The 25th Anniversary Special Edition by Stephen King Deluxe Lettered Edition have been posted:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...f-it-lettered/

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    That is one super tray case.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Looks great! I know you guys have been trying to clear up space in the CD offices, in an effort to help you out I would be happy to take a PC copy of the lettered edition if IT off your hands.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    For a point of reference, those balloons are actually black, but they are a high gloss so they are reflecting the white back drop to make them look gray.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Holy smokes! That is an awesome looking case.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    I'll get a gallery of images put together on Thursday if I can, it's been a crazy busy week, but here's a little sneak peek at the Deluxe Lettered Edition of IT by Stephen King. Note that the case is BLACK, but it looks gray in this shot because I have no idea what I'm doing with a camera:

More to come and they'll be shipping very soon!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• sunnyckf
    replied
    Yay. Finally finished rereading IT in it's CD 25th Anniversary Edition incarnation. Took out the dust jacket and left it in the slipcase, and read it carefully with supports on a flat clean reading table. Quite troublesome compared to reading the usual paperbacks and trade hardcovers where I usually don't mind positioning them in various ridiculous positions to my convenience when reading, this one I have to actually sit down at the reading table in my Study which i haven't done in a long time. But the beautiful production makes it worthwhile and those sentences from long ago especially the epilogue brings back the magic of SK's storytelling to me all over again. Took me about one week with work and everything but a lot faster than when I first read this epic when I was still a teenager. Took me about two months then! Next stop, jumping into either Torn or Snow Shadows.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    OK thanks...one more question, sorry. When do you think CD will sell out of the spare dust jackets? Within the year like the book itself?

Thanks again...this is my first CD book, I'm not normally a collector so this is all new to me.
    Truthfully I doubt we'll sell out of the spare dust jackets. They just aren't something we sell many of.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I would think so. Just take the dj off the book first.
    OK thanks...one more question, sorry. When do you think CD will sell out of the spare dust jackets? Within the year like the book itself?

Thanks again...this is my first CD book, I'm not normally a collector so this is all new to me.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Would using a damp tissue be safe?
    I would think so. Just take the dj off the book first.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Interesting. I've never seen that before. I'd go ahead and try and remove it. If it damages the dust jacket, just shoot me an email and I can send you a new dust jacket.
    Would using a damp tissue be safe?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Interesting. I've never seen that before. I'd go ahead and try and remove it. If it damages the dust jacket, just shoot me an email and I can send you a new dust jacket.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnyckf View Post
    Hi cyber ghost erm face I will leave it to the more experienced collector or the folks at CD to advise you whether to remove these so-called 'bumps'. All I can tell you is that my copy of the Gift Edition don't have any bumps on the spine of the dustjacket. Smooth all the way.

I'd advice you though to take several pics of the dustjacket and upload it here or in the collectors' thread or e-mail it to the folks at CD with your question before doing something rash that my damage the dustjacket because from my limited collectors' knowledge, the dustjacket is kind of a very important part of a collectible book.
    I tried to but either it doesn't show up because of the flash or because there's not enough light given the dark area where it is. :/

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I got a book in a grab bag form Dark Harvest that had that, but it was considered "dinged." I removed the piece of grit (sand?) from the back of the dust jacket, but the bump remained. It was a trade HC and I never bothered to seek out a replacement dustjacket. But since it was a new book, I definitely try to get a new DJ. Eventually, Dan or Brian will get back to you on this thread, just hang in there.
    OK thanks.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I got a book in a grab bag form Dark Harvest that had that, but it was considered "dinged." I removed the piece of grit (sand?) from the back of the dust jacket, but the bump remained. It was a trade HC and I never bothered to seek out a replacement dustjacket. But since it was a new book, I definitely try to get a new DJ. Eventually, Dan or Brian will get back to you on this thread, just hang in there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X