X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    A lot of the Limited Edition orders are shipping via UPS where we've had an extraordinarily good track record with delivery rates, and even with the USPS we don't see a higher rate of damage/lost this time of year. Both services just seem to keep on trucking. Dan and the gang in the warehouse are being extra careful with their packing for both editions, so hopefully they'll all arrive in great shape. (If anyone does have a problem when their book arrives, please drop us a line via email so we can help you out!)

Brian
    UPS! All they do is lose packages. They're expensive too and slow. LOL, but I do feel more comfortable with them since the PO will have all they can handle this year. Besides that, over the past couple years, someone has been swiping expensive Swiss watches I've sold on eBay when I use the PO, so I'm glad it's being shipped by another carrier. In my experience though, Fed Ex is the best and most reliable.
    I know the only carrier that actually delivers something overseas to the person's house, is Fed Ex. All the others (I think) actually hand the package to the post office in that particular country.

Bad things always happen to me so that's why I worry about things. I need to just relax I guess. But when I do that, bad things start happening again. It's unexplainable really.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    All figured out! I'd store it in my portable hole for the duration! (I can't believe I just made a D&D reference! Once a nerd, always a nerd...); the problem was getting past all the workers ready to go postal at the proposed post office closings for next year!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The 25th IT production looks absolutely awesome, can't wait to receive my copies Down Under early in the New Year - Brilliant job (as always) CD !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Sure. Plus in all the hullabaloo, the book might get damaged.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Seriously thought about it, Brad. But in the middle of my war council (when you have multiple personalities, you get to hold cool things like that!), Billy Crystal wadddled in and said "Have fun storming the castle!" ThAt put a damper on the whole thing...

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    It's about 6lbs
    Or as I like to think of it......12 lbs for the gift and limited together. Of course, I'm still jealous of those few who have 18lbs worth coming their way!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    You always got a bagful rocks when trick-r-treating, didn't you Charlie Brown. You mustn't be that way. One day, you'll strike out that batter in the bottom of the ninth and be the little red-haired girl's hero; one day, Lucy will let you kick the football; one day, the Great Pumpkin will not pass you by! Think positive, you blockhead!

Rats?

Well, if you're gonna be that way, go bang your head against that tree to loosen the bark to make the tree grow faster, it's almost Christmastime.

(Besides, Scott, in five years the post office won't exist, so you might as well get used to paying UPS shipping costs! Smile!)
    Without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most inventive, well thought out responses that I've seen for ages, maybe ever !!! Onya Squire - you rock !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Dammit, my Gift edition is sitting in a UPS depot 25 miles from my house (but still within the KC limits. Have to wait til omorrow at 5 pm....
    Storm the depot!!! Go get it man!!!!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Dammit, my Gift edition is sitting in a UPS depot 25 miles from my house (but still within the KC limits. Have to wait til omorrow at 5 pm....

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Is it really heavy? I haven't been able to find a place to store my SOD limiteds they're so big, so I just slid them under my bed lol.
    It's about 6lbs

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Yeah. But I just bet mine gets lost in the mail
    You always got a bagful rocks when trick-r-treating, didn't you Charlie Brown. You mustn't be that way. One day, you'll strike out that batter in the bottom of the ninth and be the little red-haired girl's hero; one day, Lucy will let you kick the football; one day, the Great Pumpkin will not pass you by! Think positive, you blockhead!

Rats?

Well, if you're gonna be that way, go bang your head against that tree to loosen the bark to make the tree grow faster, it's almost Christmastime.

(Besides, Scott, in five years the post office won't exist, so you might as well get used to paying UPS shipping costs! Smile!)

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Yeah. But I just bet mine gets lost in the mail

I'm wondering why CD isn't waiting until after Christmas to ship the limited editions since there will be so many packages the post office will be dealing with? It seems the books could get easily lost during this time or even damaged? No sarcasm intended, just wondering, that's all....
    A lot of the Limited Edition orders are shipping via UPS where we've had an extraordinarily good track record with delivery rates, and even with the USPS we don't see a higher rate of damage/lost this time of year. Both services just seem to keep on trucking. Dan and the gang in the warehouse are being extra careful with their packing for both editions, so hopefully they'll all arrive in great shape. (If anyone does have a problem when their book arrives, please drop us a line via email so we can help you out!)

Brian

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I got my copy of the gift edition a few minutes ago. A beautiful production. Now anxiously awaiting the s/l!

John
    Is it really heavy? I haven't been able to find a place to store my SOD limiteds they're so big, so I just slid them under my bed lol.

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I got my copy of the gift edition a few minutes ago. A beautiful production. Now anxiously awaiting the s/l!

John

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I forgot....the books do indeed look great. Now that I've seen the Gift edition, I want it even more than I did before.
    I like the looks of Grant limiteds so much I almost always buy the trade versions and the Gift/Artist versions as well. I can't think of a single Grant book that looked just ordinary.
    I also used to hate books without dust jackets, but once I saw the limited of Desperation, I didn't really care if limited editions came with them or not. Besides, you don't have to worry about damaging the DJ if the book doesn't come with one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X