X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entwistlesj
    replied
    My gift edition arrived yesterday.
    So chuffed with it. I made a right mess with the foam packing bits and am still bursting the bubble wrap lol.

Seriously impressed with this book. It's huge but it lies open properly on a flat surface and looks great and has that lovely book smell.
    This is taking pride of place on my shelf.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing the book Grant!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Sounds awesome Grant! And expensive! I hope to receive my first remarques soon, will share as well!
    Thanks Pete, although it wasn't as expensive as one might think Looking forward to seeing yours mate, have a real thing for remarques (I started with one a couple of years back, now have almost two shelves full of this arty little buggers) !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Just love the remarques BTW - have scored (through a fellow forum member) a King flat signed gift edition of the CD 25th IT with a full colour piece of art (Pennywise in the drain with Georgie) - a won't say that it's a remarque, as the artist is not associated with the edition (can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it and post it on my collection thread)
    Leave it to you, Mr. Woot! Can't wait to see it!

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    Oh, well, whoever owns that books has a beauty.

The same guys doodled me too.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Hedda, for full disclosure, that is not my remarque. It is an image from Mr. King's website. The only ones I have are doodles from Rick Hautala and Joe Hill.
    Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    THanks for all that information. That stephen king remarque was beautiful Martin. So, I guess I have some remarques.

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    THanks for all that information. That stephen king remarque was beautiful Martin. So, I guess I have some remarques.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Sounds awesome Grant! And expensive! I hope to receive my first remarques soon, will share as well!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just love the remarques BTW - have scored (through a fellow forum member) a King flat signed gift edition of the CD 25th IT with a full colour piece of art (Pennywise in the drain with Georgie) - a won't say that it's a remarque, as the artist is not associated with the edition (can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it and post it on my collection thread)

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Thanks for the clarification Dan. I meant to include that a remarque is usually done by the author or an artist included in the book Joe Hill is another author who usually includes a remarque when he signs. I never heard the 'tiny little drawing' term used but i know they often are very small.
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Yep this is the remarque deffinition used very often in the industry. Even though these are really what a remarque is. So generally if you hear someone referring to a remarque in a book this is what they are talking about. Though technically a remarque is a tiny little drawing that many artists put after their signature on their artwork. I can't think of any of our artists who do it off the top of my head, but Rick Hautala usually signs his autograph will a little skull remarque after it every time.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Yea, one of the collectors on a different message board used to like to point out that what everyone called a "remarque" was actually just original artwork and not a remarque. Which is the only reason I know the difference. It's just easier to call it a remarque though.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Ah, did not know that Dan. So technically I have a couple of remarques since I have a couple things signed like that from Hautala, which I thought was pretty cool when I first saw it. Not that I'd advertise those books as being remarqued if I sold them, lol

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Remarques are hand drawn art added to a book that is a unique one of one art item. Value varies based on the effort the artist put into the art. Remarques vary from quick ink drawings to full color very detailed pieces of art.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4582[/ATTACH]
    Yep this is the remarque deffinition used very often in the industry. Even though these are really what a remarque is. So generally if you hear someone referring to a remarque in a book this is what they are talking about. Though technically a remarque is a tiny little drawing that many artists put after their signature on their artwork. I can't think of any of our artists who do it off the top of my head, but Rick Hautala usually signs his autograph will a little skull remarque after it every time.

Leave a comment:

• entwistlesj
    replied
    I had those covers on my Harry Potter set. Everyone of which being a First edition first print and now worth a lot of money.

However like those when I recieve my gift edition of IT I wont be reading it since so few have been printed it's something to treasure and I'll just admire the illustrations probably lol.

But when I do read books I just remove the DJ and replace it when I'm done and sit it back on the shelf.
    No need to go all Howard Hughes on them!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Remarques are hand drawn art added to a book that is a unique one of one art item. Value varies based on the effort the artist put into the art. Remarques vary from quick ink drawings to full color very detailed pieces of art.
    remarque.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X