Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Brodart is a type of book cover. I buy them at a local book store but you can order rolls from the manufacturer. Library books are wrapped in them.
    brodart.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    Well, because I'm too lazy to go look, could someone explain what Brodart is? And while you're at it, what are remarques? Are they valuable?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    bsaenz24, yep the 10" and "12 centre fold singles are excellent for the "standard" sized hardcovers, no question - it's just the bigger book buggers that seem to work better with top fold 14" - 16" (sometimes larger) Brodart rolls

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Endless Horror Tale View Post
    Excellent! That's just what the doctor ordered. Thanks, Grant!
    I used the single sheet archive ones . I think it's the one hat is 10" high and I do the one that is longer to make sure it fits the entire jacket.

Leave a comment:

• Endless Horror Tale
    replied
    Excellent! That's just what the doctor ordered. Thanks, Grant!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Endless Horror Tale View Post
    Has anyone wrapped the gift edition up in a Brodart cover? I'm itching to read it, but I want to make sure that sweet-looking dust jacket is protected before I do. So, the real question is - if you have wrapped the DJ in a Brodart, was there a specific size that fit it, or did you have to use one of their customizable options? I ordered a "variety pack" of Brodart covers from a seller on eBay, and nothing in there even comes close to fitting my larger books (such as It or The Secretary of Dreams volumes).

Thanks everyone!
    Hiya EHT - I pretty much Brodart everything that ain't nailed down, including SoD V 1 & 2, as well as CD 25th IT ... for the larger books such as these, I've found 16" top load Brodart rolls, cut to length, to do the trick just fine

Leave a comment:

• Endless Horror Tale
    replied
    Has anyone wrapped the gift edition up in a Brodart cover? I'm itching to read it, but I want to make sure that sweet-looking dust jacket is protected before I do. So, the real question is - if you have wrapped the DJ in a Brodart, was there a specific size that fit it, or did you have to use one of their customizable options? I ordered a "variety pack" of Brodart covers from a seller on eBay, and nothing in there even comes close to fitting my larger books (such as It or The Secretary of Dreams volumes).

Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by entwistlesj View Post
    Does anyone know what the binding is like on the gift edition?
    Is it bound usung string like old books used to be?
    Or with glue? I find glued books (the majority of them these days) lose their shape after being read.
    All of our collectible books are Smyth sewn.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• entwistlesj
    replied
    Does anyone know what the binding is like on the gift edition?
    Is it bound usung string like old books used to be?
    Or with glue? I find glued books (the majority of them these days) lose their shape after being read.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I'd love to send you that PM. Can't afford it though specially since anyone willing to sell one will sell it for much more than retail. Maybe someday ill PM you and see if you still have it.
    No worries Teri .. one day maybe (and for a fellow CD'er it'd go for AU$600 plus shipping to wherever - if I was selling it on eBay or ABE it'd be more, but for a collector that would value it - and actually keep it, rather than on-sell it for profit) ...

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I'd love to send you that PM. Can't afford it though specially since anyone willing to sell one will sell it for much more than retail. Maybe someday ill PM you and see if you still have it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    The lettered ones haven't gone out yet? That sucks. I guess it'd take more time though. Wish I got my hand on a copy of that. I only got the Gift Edition which is beautiful, although the foil on the spine of mine was damaged when I got it. I really wanted the numbered edition because it was affordable but it was sold out by time I had enough money, long before actually. Wish I had advance notice...lol
    Nah, the lettereds will be a whiles yet, but that's the way she goes ... BTW, if you're interested in getting a hold of an IT S/L, drop me a PM (I have two copies - as my fellow forum members will attest - and I'd not be adverse to letting one go) ...

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    The lettered ones haven't gone out yet? That sucks. I guess it'd take more time though. Wish I got my hand on a copy of that. I only got the Gift Edition which is beautiful, although the foil on the spine of mine was damaged when I got it. I really wanted the numbered edition because it was affordable but it was sold out by time I had enough money, long before actually. Wish I had advance notice...lol

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by jigertz View Post
    Is there any update or new info. on the lettered edition?
    We're still in the process of getting the cases made. I believe Brian said that he's hoping to get them out later this year, don't quote me on that though, as I'm not 100% sure on that.

Leave a comment:

• jigertz
    replied
    Is there any update or new info. on the lettered edition?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X