[INDEXED]IT: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by entwistlesj View Post
    But now I come here and I'm reading about people having problems getting their copies!

What's the deal? Will I have to wait for ages for it?
    Typically it takes a week to two weeks for items to ship from the US to the UK. Occasionally customs will hold something up, but that doesn't happen too often.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

What's the estimated dispatch time for the Gift Edition?
      I ordered a copy yesterday and I have received my oder confirmation.
      I am based in the UK so any idea how long from shipping til arrival?

I'm wayyy too excited to get my hands on this lavish printing!
      Also are the pieces of artwork bound in the book or separate pieces?
      Hi there. We're not a very big company. If you ordered your book on Friday, it should ship next week sometime. We're pretty busy with shipping The Horror Hall of Fame at the moment, but I'm making a point to try and keep getting the day to day orders out as quickly as I can. As far as the artwork goes. It is bound into the book. We are selling an artwork portfolio though, which is essentially all of the artwork from the editions as separate pieces, and in a much larger format than the book. Those are still pre-orders though as we are waiting for the portfolio's to be finished being made.

Instagram

Comment

What's the estimated dispatch time for the Gift Edition?
        I ordered a copy yesterday and I have received my oder confirmation.
        I am based in the UK so any idea how long from shipping til arrival?

I'm wayyy too excited to get my hands on this lavish printing!
        Entwistlesj - never fear, the wait will be well worth it - I'm down in Australia, and the average transit time is between 10 - 20 working days, however; the quality of the product that CD publishes makes every day of that anxious wait for the postman worthwhile Oh, and welcome to the forum, have a look around and enjoy !!!!!

Comment

I'm Europe based as well. My CD books tend to cross the Atlantic within a couple of days.
          The major holdup seems to be our Dutch customs. It can take more than one week before a package passes inspection.
          Especially the expensive ones are stuck for ages.

sk

Comment

Usually around 6 working days for me :-)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              I'm Europe based as well. My CD books tend to cross the Atlantic within a couple of days.
              The major holdup seems to be our Dutch customs. It can take more than one week before a package passes inspection.
              Especially the expensive ones are stuck for ages.

sk
              Frik, do you have to pay duties and crap for an expensive book shipped to you guys in Europe? If I order an expensive watch from overseas, I never do but it seems like every single buyer when I sell something on ebay, has to pay an enormous amount of taxes to the government. They always ask I lower the price and declare it as a "Gift" on the customs form. Grant do you have to pay anything?

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                Frik, do you have to pay duties and crap for an expensive book shipped to you guys in Europe? If I order an expensive watch from overseas, I never do but it seems like every single buyer when I sell something on ebay, has to pay an enormous amount of taxes to the government. They always ask I lower the price and declare it as a "Gift" on the customs form. Grant do you have to pay anything?
                Only if the declared/insured value is greater than AU$1,000. If greater, customs drags it to one side and holds it until we pay 10% of the declared value in GST (tax). This has only been an issue in recent times (since the Australian dollar went through the roof and made it a more attractive proposition to buy from the US or the UK) coupled with the increasing popularity of markets such as eBay, where Australian retailers lose out on sales because of the higher domestic price. This has only happened to me twice over the years, and because the paperwork is daunting (and takes forever to complete) I try as much as possible to avoid it

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                  Only if the declared/insured value is greater than AU$1,000. If greater, customs drags it to one side and holds it until we pay 10% of the declared value in GST (tax). This has only been an issue in recent times (since the Australian dollar went through the roof and made it a more attractive proposition to buy from the US or the UK) coupled with the increasing popularity of markets such as eBay, where Australian retailers lose out on sales because of the higher domestic price. This has only happened to me twice over the years, and because the paperwork is daunting (and takes forever to complete) I try as much as possible to avoid it
                  That's what I remember when I sold a watch to a guy in Australia: that 10%....it was a TAG Heuer watch he paid about $1250 for it, and he said it was over 2 grand in Australia. I've dealt with several Australians when selling on ebay and still email a guy named Steve about the watch I sold him. He trusts me so much he's asked that if he sends me the money via paypal, will I buy a watch for him from places that do not ship overseas. A lot of people trust me for some reason And I did just that twice now and it adds up to about $1700.

You think I should just keep the money Grant? LOL that would be so wrong that I just couldn't do it.

But that's nonsense with that 10%...the government steals enough money from the people they don't have to keep going and going and get every single dollar possible.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                    But that's nonsense with that 10%...the government steals enough money from the people they don't have to keep going and going and get every single dollar possible.
                    Not much to be done about it Scott, except move countries - which I wouldn't do in a million years. Like anything, you get used to it after a while, so it rarely even enters the mind when one's out about looking at buying stuff nowadays ...

Comment

In Italy the average time for US imports are about 5 weeks (but sometimes it takes 3-6 months...) with 99% chances to pay customs (about 25% of the decalred value). If the value seems not to be correct customs will decide what you have to pay based on the mood of the inspection people. Also I've forget the 5.5 euros for "customs processing" to pay to the postal service or the 10+ to pay to ups/dhl and similars...
                      Also declaring something as gift is the same as "I'm not a gift, please make me pay taxes"

Comment

Originally posted by th3l0rd View Post
                        In Italy the average time for US imports are about 5 weeks (but sometimes it takes 3-6 months...) with 99% chances to pay customs (about 25% of the decalred value). If the value seems not to be correct customs will decide what you have to pay based on the mood of the inspection people. Also I've forget the 5.5 euros for "customs processing" to pay to the postal service or the 10+ to pay to ups/dhl and similars...
                        Also declaring something as gift is the same as "I'm not a gift, please make me pay taxes"
                        Holy Tax Rort Robin !!!! The rest of the world have it pretty easy then, import wise

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                          Holy Tax Rort Robin !!!! The rest of the world have it pretty easy then, import wise
                          That's completely OT but if you want to laught... Once I bought an australian dvd (scrubs season 7...) valued about 15€. Customs applied the taxes based on the declared value but in the wrong value (USD instead of AUD and I ended paying about 20€ of customs (nothing was expected...). I tried to get a refund and after only 18 months, countless online tickets (local post office don't have customs phone number nor any knoledge about customs except you have to pay if you get "caught") and the 3 letters from the consumer's right regional office I've got a 1.03€ refund that would have cost me 1.3 euros to get (postal checks are not free to cash. I've put the check in a drawer somewere... No surprise if lots of people on ebay dosn't ship ti Italy and Nigeria (probably they have a better postal system...

Comment

Originally posted by th3l0rd View Post
                            I know all about how long it takes to ship things to Italy!! When someone from Italy buys something from me on ebay, I dread it because not only am I worried about it being lost or something worse, it does take months for the person to receive it. But now I use Express Mail and I just sold a watch and he actually got it in only a week which stunned me. But at least he got it. That's where I had a $900 Fortis Swiss watch "lost"

Comment

Is there any update or new info. on the lettered edition?

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                                Is there any update or new info. on the lettered edition?
                                We're still in the process of getting the cases made. I believe Brian said that he's hoping to get them out later this year, don't quote me on that though, as I'm not 100% sure on that.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X