No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]Doctor Sleep: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly CD staff is smart enough not to ship all of these books to the same address since there is a 1 per household limit. This person must have numerous accounts or is using his friend's or family members addresses. I didn't know there was a limit to 1 per household, which is a great policy to reduce flipping. Too bad non-collectors know their way around this. It's bad for real collectors such as ourselves who consider these books personal treasures and keepsakes to hand down to the next generation of our family.
    " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
    - Cicero

Comment

To add insult to injury, the jerk misspelled Cemetery in the listing as well

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
        To add insult to injury, the jerk misspelled Cemetery in the listing as well
        What a complete tool.
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Sometimes they slip through and we don't catch it until it's shipping time, at which point we will typically cancel and refund depending on extenuating circumstances. Also this could be one of our retailers, I'm not familiar with the ebay user name so I have no idea which this is. Also as stated earlier the purchaser could have purchased them under different names.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Why would retailers be able to get more than one when it is limited to one per household?

Comment

Originally posted by LoStAlIvE View Post
              Why would retailers be able to get more than one when it is limited to one per household?
              In order to maximise sales, CD have partnership arrangements with a select number of booksellers whom act as intermediaries to a wider audience. For instance, PS Publishing are a partner agent that sells CD books to the UK market. These agreed booksellers will not order books through the online store like ourselves, but procure them through a separate commercial channel and as such, will not be subject to the "one copy per household" rule.

However, as the Ebay seller is listing copies of Doctor Sleep at $799.99 each (almost double the original price), I highly doubt that this is an approved CD retailer.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Thanks for the explaining it for me and the others on here-T-Dogx

Comment

Originally posted by LoStAlIvE View Post
                  Thanks for the explaining it for me and the others on here-T-Dogx
                  Not a problem, I'm glad I could help.
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Missed this post some how. I'd also like to mention that we take care of our retailers so they buy the books that don't sell as well in addition to the ones that do. We also have our international retailers which help save our customers shipping.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

First photos of the Doctor Sleep Deluxe Signed Lettered Edition, which will be shipping next month:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2014/01/06/doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king-deluxe-signed-lettered-edition-first-look/

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That is one truly beautiful and absolutely stunning lettered edition!!!

I wish I could afford such a beauty...
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Another stunning book!

Comment

I got my copy (gift edition) today! I missed ordering it back in the day, but I was able to snag one of the copies leftover after everything shipped.

The book is BEAUTIFUL. In fact, it is my favorite CD book I own. The illustrations are stunning, and the slipcase is extremely classy looking.

A relative who pays zero attention to books watched me unpack it and described it as "impressive." I have to agree!

Comment

So Sub Press have said that the traycases for the singed/limited of The Shining will be four weeks in the making, my signed limited of Doctor Sleep is still out being remarqed, any ETA on those copies and have they already been numbered? I ask because I would like to try and match my numbers for The Shining and Doctor Sleep

Comment

Working...
                                X