X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by LoStAlIvE View Post
    What is under the flap when you open up the "EXTRA" part?
    I haven't seen it myself, but from what I'm told, it's just an expanded version of the news headline.

Leave a comment:

• LoStAlIvE
    replied
    What is under the flap when you open up the "EXTRA" part?

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    But at the same time it might not because i have heard that a lot of people thought it was SK's best book for a very long time. I am over half way through and really, really loving it!

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    Congrats, Ron.

Tom, I agree, and I think the price will come down after a little time for the excitement to die down.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Yup that's a nice looking book and here's to hoping that they come down in price eventually!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Very nice, Ron. Wish I'd been faster on the day of the sale!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Sewn-in (glued in?) DVD w/ envelope (front and back) :

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    "Torn newspaper" DJ portion is removable; the boards beneath (w/ Oswald's face) are slick like LISEY'S STORY:

Showing the back board (w/ Kennedy's face):

The money shot (literally...this thing seems to be going for $400-plus on the resale market!) :

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I posted these shots in another forum, but thought folks here also might like to see them.

Opening the box:

There it is:

Unwrapping the bubblewrap:

The back:

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    It's marginally better. Instead of the same boards, the boards on the s/l consist of a picture of Oswald on the front and Kennedy on the back (not cloth--think of the US trade edition of Lisey's Story). The pastedowns are red instead of white. Of course, the dust jacket is much more ornate than that of the trade, also.

John

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I doubt it.

sk

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    The "Under the Dome" limited from S&S wasn't very different from the trade edition and very disappointing in that respect. Is the S/L of "11/22/63" any better?

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    I would love a s/l but it would mean paying a premium that I just can't justify, loving the story so far!

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Hey John, did they pack it well? I just placed my order from the lottery today.
    Yes, it was very well packaged, with the book wrapped in shrink wrap in placed in a box. Plus, UPS doesn't often mess up packages like our Post Office.

Part of the 150 have, I'm sure, been put aside in case a book does get damaged in transit. I've read a few reports on TDT.org that some of the books have dings. One recipient even got a book that had a blank page instead of a signature! When he called S&S, he was told to ship it back (they are sending him a box and postage) and they'll send him a good one. Can't ask for more than that!

John

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    850 is still an awfully low limitation for a S/L King from a trade publisher. I wonder where the other 150 copies (of the 1000 total) went?
    I would say they probably went to King and his friends / family, as well as probably some of the people at Simon and Schuster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X