X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    My gut feel is that there must be something in the contract that doesn't allow sales outside the US. I agree, it doesn't make much sense, though.

John
    Yea it's a rule or law between all of the publishers. Technically, no retailer is allowed to sell any US version outside the US and vice versa for the UK version. I always thought it was a weird law / rule. But baisically the UK publisher has exclusive rights to sell the book in it's designated region and no one else is allowed to sell it there. Same for the US publisher. There are obviously ways around said law, like amazon (sometimes) and ebay.

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    My gut feel is that there must be something in the contract that doesn't allow sales outside the US. I agree, it doesn't make much sense, though.

John

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Grant, be strong! Boycott them for their hatred towards those outside of the US!

It's a pretty stupid move on their part I think, many collectors outside the US that would pick this one up I believe.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    It's one per customer. I could buy it and then sell it, I guess. It's also the day before I head to Dallas.....
    Happy to pay up front + a gratuity

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    It seems to have a different cover and something about chapter photos...

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I don't have the money for this, but would likely have to pass even if I did. Not seeing anything special about it other than the signature

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    It's one per customer. I could buy it and then sell it, I guess. It's also the day before I head to Dallas.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Fine, I won't buy one then, in support of you, Tom, and Pete!
    Tsk, tsk Mr Boone - the correct answer was .... buy two ... and sell one (asking you to give me one would probably not fly - unless you really wanna) .. to me

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Fine, I won't buy one then, in support of you, Tom, and Pete!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Dammit ... want one, can't get one, cos I'm an Australian ---- DISCRIMINATION ---

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    started a topic Signed Limited US 11/22/63

Signed Limited US 11/22/63

11/22/63 Signed, Limited Edition

The signed limited edition of 11/22/63 will go on sale at 9 AM ET on Tuesday, November 8th. This will be available on-line only through Simon & Schuster's web site. There will be a one book per customer limit, available to consumers only, no retail accounts. This is also limited to domestic US sales only.

Price $150 plus shipping & handling. Books ship immediately

Limited time offer. Available while supplies last.

* Signed by the Author
    * Chapter opening photos
    * Shrink-wrapped
    John
Working...
X