Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    A detail of the 6th floor window. The corner inside is blocked off by walls of glass, preserving it as it was. (something I can't show because of the PNs.)

SF1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Man, freaking photography Nazis everywhere!!!

The Sixth Floor Museum was a great expereince, but there are security guards everywhere you turn, looking over people's shoulders at cell phones and shit. So I had to get photos outside only.

SF.jpg

You can see the sixth floor window at the far right open where Oswald fired.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Have fun. Let us know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I had recognized the quote. M*A*S*H is one of my all-time favorite shows.

John

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I'll say it again:

Spoiler!

Somethings need to be said 3 trimes to be truly effective (Candyman, Beetlejuice, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but the retry for the s/l 11/22/63 has been changed to a random drawing. Check out the new page:

http://pages.simonandschuster.com/112263signed

Sucks!

John

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Arrived safely in Dallas, getting comfy in my room. There's a complimentary beer and wine social at 5:30--hafta check that out! Then there's the retry for a S/L from S&S. Tomorrow I'll tour the Sixth Floor at Dealy Plaza. And sometime, I need to try to put a dent in W&P. Even a vacation seems hectic!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Enjoy Squire!

Although you know, that deep down you regret that you still haven't bought the latest Signature Series book!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    have a great time and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Well, my car is packed and I'm ready to take off for Dallas!
    Have a great time, Squire!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Have a great time mate!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Well, my car is packed and I'm ready to take off for Dallas! Talk at ya again in big "D"! Can't wait to see your pictures, Tom!
    Last edited by srboone; 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Got my tickets in the mail today for 10Nov11! ANd just as i thought, my name is one them.
    That's great, Squire.
    Congratulations!!

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Got my tickets in the mail today for 10Nov11! ANd just as i thought, my name is one them. I don't know if hey'll be checking ID with the tickets, but anybody purchasing tickets on ebay or such may be in for a rude awakening. The website said the tickets weren't for resale and that if tickets are for another person to contact the office so they can be sent to them. You will also need the book voucher AND the ticket to pick up a signed copy of 11/22/63.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
    Oh man srboone. I am soooo disappointed. I was on this computer promptly at 9 am went through the whole captcha security code which proceeded to go round and round for 30 minutes, called showclix, was on hold for 15 minutes, only to be told "the reception is sold out and it must have been your browser" um, not quite. I checked the preferred seating tickets for the heck of it and it went through immediately. Sigh. Already have a signed book so not going to spend the travel money if I can't meet him. Looking forward to the book! Have fun and give us a report!
    P.S. For you know what and giggles I checked ebay and there's already tickets for sale. Us true fans got screwed.
    I have nothing signed by King, so I was going anyway. I had the same experience, only I had a second Explorer window open that told me after 17 minutes of waiting in the que that reception tickets were sold out. Never checked e-bay afterwards--good idea though. I thought that the tickets were going to bear your name on them and were non-transferrable, maybe I'm wrong. But if so, the joke would be on them! Then it was off to bed because I'd worked all night and waited up for 9 am to roll around.

Even though, I didn't get a reception ticket, this is how I felt then and still feel (5 hours of blissful unconsciousness later):

Spoiler!

I'll let you know how it goes!
    Last edited by srboone; 10-06-2011, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X