replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    It could be our Easter Egg!!
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Brian, are you listening? Needing some LPP love for this one.
    It could be our Easter Egg!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I would Love to see a really first class edition of Cycle of the Werewolf. That whole book from beginning to end is intriguing. What started out as a calendar collaboration that fell through, turned into a neat novella.
    Brian, are you listening? Needing some LPP love for this one.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I would Love to see a really first class edition of Cycle of the Werewolf. That whole book from beginning to end is intriguing. What started out as a calendar collaboration that fell through, turned into a neat novella.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Weird thing is that I love SK but Carrie and Dead Zone are not books I like.

I think my first book was either The Gunslinger or COTW. I don't remember which.
    It took me looking at my Stephen King books to realize what COTW was. I had completely forgotten about Cycle of the Werewolf. The only novel (of any authors) that I could think of with that acronym was Call of the Wild. And now I can't help but to imagine what a Stephen King version of Call of the Wild might be like...

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

I think my first book was either The Gunslinger or COTW. I don't remember which.
    I like Carrie, but The Dead Zone has always been one of my favorites. I have to go back and read The Dark Tower series again one day.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yep, $400K... split between him and Doubleday, I believe. And if I recall correctly, he wanted to get Tabitha a surprise for when he told her the news... so he went to the corner pharmacy and bought her a new hairdryer.

Brian
    That's the story I remember!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I know King has told the story about when he learned of the paperback sale of Carrie and he uses the $400,000 amount. That is a cool article though.
    Yep, $400K... split between him and Doubleday, I believe. And if I recall correctly, he wanted to get Tabitha a surprise for when he told her the news... so he went to the corner pharmacy and bought her a new hairdryer.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I guess the typo on that press release was a promise of things to come. They meant $400,000, not $4,000,000.
    I know King has told the story about when he learned of the paperback sale of Carrie and he uses the $400,000 amount. That is a cool article though.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    My first and favorite Stephen King book is Salem's Lot. I read it when it first came out in paperback, back in those days I didn't have money for hardbacks and first editions. I have fond memories of Carrie, though I'm not a big fan of the back. I found a first edition of Carrie about 20 years ago. A short time later, I found myself in a bit of a financial twist and was able to sell it. Just as Carrie bailed Stephen King out, it bailed me out too. I made enough money to make a mortgage payment and take my wife out on a rare dinner date, that didn't feature buns and french fries LOL!! Better start saving men, those 50th anniversary editions are coming out soon HAHAH!!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 04-08-2020, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I guess the typo on that press release was a promise of things to come. They meant $400,000, not $4,000,000.
    I must confess that I wasn't sure if they meant $4000.00 or $400,000.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X