Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I guess the typo on that press release was a promise of things to come. They meant $400,000, not $4,000,000.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Carrie.jpg

I can't remember the first Stephen King book I read either. I do know that the first book of his that I bought new when it first came out was Cycle of the Werewolf. I bought the hardcover because I was/am a huge Bernie Wrightson fan. I guess that would have been 1983? The next King book that I bought new was It. After that I bought each of his novels as they were released.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I remember it well. I was 14 and home from school with the flu. My mom was going to the library, and I asked her to pick up some books for me. She came home with 'Salem's Lot and The Stand.

I'd never heard of this Stephen King guy, but I read those books in two days. I can't remember which one I read first, but I'd guess 'Salem's Lot, just because it's the shorter of the two.
    Last edited by Dave1442397; 04-08-2020, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I honestly am not able to recall when I first read King or what the title was. I know I would have either picked it up at the library or an old paperback from a used bookstore, most likely in the early eighties. I do remember that I started buying 1st edition hardbound copies as they were released in 1990 with Four Past Midnight, by then I had read a lot of his work. At this point I have only two I have still never read. The Wind Through the Keyhole and Black House.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I was still reading The Hardy Boys and Enid Blyton books in 1973. I didn't discover SK until 1979.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    started a topic Carrie published 47 years ago today:

Carrie published 47 years ago today:

April 5th 1973 saw the release of Stephen Kings first novel. I was only 10 at the time but Kings writing has impacted my life in a great many ways. Here is to many more books!
Working...
X