X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    No, King didn't write them. He approved them, but didn't write as far as I know.

I was also confused about where that link led me, as the price seems accurate ($150 list price, which is accurate I believe) and lists Marvel as the publisher, but everything else makes it seem like the last book of the series. I loved the ending as well, but can see why others didn't. No matter what the ended would have been, people would have been pissed, can't please everyone.
    I think people were also pissed because King inserted himself into that book and sorta ruined it. it's no longer "Pure", so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Randall Flagg
    replied
    The Drawing of the Three is my favorite. It flows well and I could read it once a year forever.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by divemaster View Post
    I don't get it. The Amazon link goes to reviews and such of the last book in the series (Dark Tower VII). That's where all the negative reviews are coming from--people that didn't like the ending (which I loved, personally). I don't see any mention of comic books there.

And speaking of comic books, King didn't write those, right?
    No, King didn't write them. He approved them, but didn't write as far as I know.

I was also confused about where that link led me, as the price seems accurate ($150 list price, which is accurate I believe) and lists Marvel as the publisher, but everything else makes it seem like the last book of the series. I loved the ending as well, but can see why others didn't. No matter what the ended would have been, people would have been pissed, can't please everyone.

Leave a comment:

• divemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    But I still think I'll get it...collects ALL of them?? But almost 200 1 and 2 star reviews...that's pretty amazing in itself.
    I don't get it. The Amazon link goes to reviews and such of the last book in the series (Dark Tower VII). That's where all the negative reviews are coming from--people that didn't like the ending (which I loved, personally). I don't see any mention of comic books there.

And speaking of comic books, King didn't write those, right? I'm very interested in anything King writes, especially with regard to The Dark Tower (hence my excitement over The Wind and the Keyhole), but I don't have any interwst in fan-fic or comic books.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    But I still think I'll get it...collects ALL of them?? But almost 200 1 and 2 star reviews...that's pretty amazing in itself.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    I'm not really sure which two HC books you're referring to.
    I am indeed talking about one giant (almost 1000 pages) tome, containing all DT comics, plus extras.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tower-Ste...9642112&sr=8-1

sk
    I was referring to the Omnibus HCs collecting the first Arc from the DT comics, til June 2011. That book on Amazon isn't even going for 100 bucks? I haven't read the description of it, but it must not even be worth that much considering all the neagative reviews.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I'm not really sure which two HC books you're referring to.
    I am indeed talking about one giant (almost 1000 pages) tome, containing all DT comics, plus extras.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tower-Ste...9642112&sr=8-1

sk

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I love the DT comics.
    They're not King, don't read as King does, but they're a lot of fun.
    I didn't buy the individual comics, just the collections.
    Can't wait for the upcoming super-collection (or whatever it's called)

sk
    Super-Collection? That's not the 2HC books, huh? What is it about? Will it collect ALL the DT comics, or something?? I would defintely be interested in something like that.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    I love Poison Elves, I have from issue 19 on. It's one of the random fills I'm working on. A book by Drew Hayes was put out about a year and a half or so ago.
    It was? Even though I collected them and have a few signed along with some other stuff like portfolois, I never knew what he died from and was still under 50, wasn't he? But I think he may have had cancer...at least that's what I remembered hearing somewhere. I'm going to have to get that book you mentioned...

But once again, just like I haven't read the DT books by King, I've never read any of PE comics either...but I heard years ago that the first issue and some of the earlier ones are worth a lot of money? I talked to someone at "Cosmic Therapy" named Brenda probably more than a decade ago and she was telling me some of those eary editions were worth around $250 to collectors who missed out on the first printings. Doesn't seem possible to me that someone would pay that amount of money for a comic book, but I just paid a total of over $500 for the limited of IT, so maybe it's not that much of a surpise afterall.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Yup but i have a little shortage of cash at the moment so they aren't to ohigh on my list of buys
    I can most definetely understand that. The limited of IT all but bankrupted me

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Do you know the DT Omnibus Slipcased Set is available right here at CD?
    Yup but i have a little shortage of cash at the moment so they aren't to ohigh on my list of buys

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    The Overlook Connection has some good deals..you might want to check them out. Not that I'm biased towards any particular store online, but they have the HC of LSOE and all of the The Stand HCs as well (I think). A lot of the stuff over there is also signed by Robin Furth and others involved in the comic series. The comics of course, are the true first editions and contain things not found in the hardcovers, but it's too much of a hassle to try and buy all those individual comics. Just wait until the series is over, then buy the HC (I'm speaking of myself). The only two complete series of comics I have were from the original Arc and a comic series called Poison Elves going back to the 90's. But the best place to buy art prints is still defintely CD.

I love Poison Elves, I have from issue 19 on. It's one of the random fills I'm working on. A book by Drew Hayes was put out about a year and a half or so ago.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Yeah i have a load but stopped collecting the individual copies after Treachery, it wasn't easy collecting them from the UK, but i keep my eyes open for deals on the HC copies
    Do you know the DT Omnibus Slipcased Set is available right here at CD?

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Yeah i have a load but stopped collecting the individual copies after Treachery, it wasn't easy collecting them from the UK, but i keep my eyes open for deals on the HC copies
    The Overlook Connection has some good deals..you might want to check them out. Not that I'm biased towards any particular store online, but they have the HC of LSOE and all of the The Stand HCs as well (I think). A lot of the stuff over there is also signed by Robin Furth and others involved in the comic series. The comics of course, are the true first editions and contain things not found in the hardcovers, but it's too much of a hassle to try and buy all those individual comics. Just wait until the series is over, then buy the HC (I'm speaking of myself). The only two complete series of comics I have were from the original Arc and a comic series called Poison Elves going back to the 90's. But the best place to buy art prints is still defintely CD.
    Last edited by theenormityofitall; 06-29-2011, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    I love the DT comics

sk
    Same for me. Started to read them out of curiosity and was a little underwhelmed initially but I think the series has really improved as it has gone on. Particularly as it is now moving into adding to the whole mythos rather than just re telling King's story with pictures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X