X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    I came away from the synopsis with two reactions:

1). It sounds like a far more entertaining, narrative/suspense-driven storyline than some of his other recent work, and 2). It sounds very familiar, like a tale I've already read several times before over the years...in varying detail, of course, but the fundamental story is the same.

Will I pick it up? Perhaps, but I'll certainly wait for the reviews first. With perhaps three or four exceptions in my decades of reading, I don't, as a rule, re-read books; life's too short. I tell ya, between recent disappointments like DR. SLEEP and SLEEPING BEAUTIES (and others which have received mixed reviews that I haven't bothered to attempt), his distastefully snide remarks on Twitter r.e. anyone who doesn't subscribe to his political perspective, and now apparently rehashing timeworn plots, King is making it pretty easy for me these days to lack enthusiasm r.e. his new releases. I adore, admire, and cherish his early classics, and post-2000 releases like JOYLAND and 11/22/63 indicate that he still has the magic from time to time, but I can't now but help approach each new release with some wariness. We'll see if THE INSTITUTE joins that very short list of recent exceptional work, or just becomes yet another listing in his lengthy bibliography that I haven't/won't read.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Very cool. I skipped The Outsider, but this one interests me. Probably because IT is mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    started a topic The Institute by Stephen King

The Institute by Stephen King

Sept 10th 2019

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/19...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Working...
X