X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    They're right up their IDW when it comes to excessive variants.
    And I'll buy them

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    They're at it again:

The Institute variants
    They're right up their IDW when it comes to excessive variants.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    They're at it again:

The Institute variants

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21246[/ATTACH]
    Me too!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I've got RAGE MASTER. Haven't read it yet. I don't think I've read anything by him.
    Darker by Simon Clark is a very unique and enjoyable read. I also recommend his Vampyrrhic series.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I haven't read a Simon Clark in a while, but I loved the ones I picked up through CD.
    I've got RAGE MASTER. Haven't read it yet. I don't think I've read anything by him.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I haven't read a Simon Clark in a while, but I loved the ones I picked up through CD.

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    I will pick this one up the week it is released from Costco. There are very few authors on my automatic buy list. King being one of them along with Lansdale, Simon Clark and Mark Morris. Graham Masterton's horror novels also work. The rest of my current reads tend to be from the library.

I tend not to read reviews till I have finished the book. Some to avoid spoilers and I just want the story to unfold for me without any opinion to influence my take.

I understand some reviewers are very good about how they write about the book. When I was writing my reviews/column for CNN.COM I was writing them for an audience who definitely did not too many story elements revealed.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Picked up the slipcase, will get the book from Kim (and Simon), and listen on audio.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I do like that cover...reminds me of the art that's being done for Centipede Press' WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE...wonder if it's the same artist?
    I thought the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I read many King things when I was very young (I'm 49 now) and that leaves much room for opinion shift.

Some of my opinion changes stem directly from the fact that I'm now a parent, the way I feel about certain things with children (for some reason the many child deaths in It never bothered me to read, but Tad in Cujo really did, it felt like just too much when I re-read it five years ago).

Having a bit of perspective on life definitely has an effect. The Dead Zone also looked different; still the same great story, but the sense of my God, what a waste was overwhelming upon finishing my re-read around that time.
    I was 14 when I read The Stand the first time. I re-read it when the uncut version came out (I was 17). But it wasn't until I re-read it as a dad when I fully appreciated a lot of the horror of the apocalypse.

BTW: I really liked the ending of Revival as well. I just thought the trip to it was not interesting enough.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    And here is the UK Cover:
    UK Institute.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    There are no wrong opinions. Unless you like Bentley Little.
    hqdefault.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Entertainment Weekly has an excerpt and the cover for The Institute up:

https://ew.com/books/2019/02/01/step...campaign=Other
    I do like that cover...reminds me of the art that's being done for Centipede Press' WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE...wonder if it's the same artist?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Entertainment Weekly has an excerpt and the cover for The Institute up:

https://ew.com/books/2019/02/01/step...campaign=Other

Leave a comment:

Working...
X