X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I have no doubt the limited will be worth the price being charged. With Gwendy's and Sleeping Beauties limited editions on order I just can't bring myself to spend that much.
    I missed out on Gwendy (and would have passsed anyway) and didn’t have the funds available for Sleeping Beauties.

I’m hoping an extra copy or two shows up for CDCC ...

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I grabbed both an artitst's and the signed because I was able to afford it (thank you tax refund and my raise (yes, humblebrag . . .)

I think the only reason I grabbed the EotD portfolio originally was because Paul offered payments - if it wasn't for that option, I would have skipped it (because $300 was a lot of coin at the time - still is in fact.) I've purchased the CD art portfolios they've been doing for the SK Doubledays and I'm kind of questioning why because I haven't even looked at them - just filed them away on my shelf. Be different if I did something with them - like all of my various prints I have above my desk at home (and soon office at work.)

Anyways, I think this edition will hold its value quite well - first limited edition of a very popular book, very low print run, and the gorgeous work and craftsmanship that Paul has done so far. Plus the price isn't "that bad" compared to what CD has charged for their SK limiteds.
    I have no doubt the limited will be worth the price being charged. With Gwendy's and Sleeping Beauties limited editions on order I just can't bring myself to spend that much.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I grabbed both an artitst's and the signed because I was able to afford it (thank you tax refund and my raise (yes, humblebrag . . .)

I think the only reason I grabbed the EotD portfolio originally was because Paul offered payments - if it wasn't for that option, I would have skipped it (because $300 was a lot of coin at the time - still is in fact.) I've purchased the CD art portfolios they've been doing for the SK Doubledays and I'm kind of questioning why because I haven't even looked at them - just filed them away on my shelf. Be different if I did something with them - like all of my various prints I have above my desk at home (and soon office at work.)

Anyways, I think this edition will hold its value quite well - first limited edition of a very popular book, very low print run, and the gorgeous work and craftsmanship that Paul has done so far. Plus the price isn't "that bad" compared to what CD has charged for their SK limiteds.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congratulations, TD -- I'm planning on sharing some of your joy on Monday, but we'll see what's left.

Speaking of buying, I’ll admit I had a little buyer’s remorse after buying his EotD portfolio because after I received it, and experiencing its full beauty, I was left with a feeling of ‘now what?” It lives in its box and there it is.

But after learning I get first crack at Misery AND to matcha my number, it made it entirely worth it.
    After hearing about the matching-number deal on the TDT thread, I had the opportunity on Thursday (?) or Friday to buy the EoTD portfolio to get a guarantee on the numbered edition of MISERY, but like (it sounds like) you, I'm not a buyer of art portfolios...my interest in books starts and ends with Books. Plus, even were I interested in art portfolios, I'm not fanatical enough of a King collector to buy a $300 piece to ensure I can buy a $600 piece. It's nice that you already had that taken care of to begin with.

I tend to doubt there'll be many numbereds on Monday -- if any -- but am still trying to decide between the Gift/Artist's Edition and the numbered...just in case. I struggle with really wanting a signed copy as it's one of my favorite King works and I do believe that, though the pub. price is high, the limitation is low and the value should minimally hold quite strong...but then conversely understanding that I'm just not a big enough King fan to easily justify the $480 difference for his signature. And, you know, I actually like dustjackets on books, so the Gift/Artist's Edition actually has a bit of a personal bonus for me...so we'll see.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 02-10-2018, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    Thanks for posting this, Martin. I've finally read the novel, and it's outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    By the pictures, both the numbered and lettered look like beautiful editions. I’m not enough of a King fan to try to get in on this but the Lifetime Subscriptions are cool and tempting, if one has the money, though in the fine print it says that the editions may or may not be from the print run so there is a possibility of getting a PC copy?

Anyways, I hope everyone can get a copy and make me jealous with pictures!
    I would assume that lifetime subscribers will get a 'PC' copy of Misery. The suggestion on the dark tower forums was that the previous buyers of EOTD would get first shout on Misery. Since there are only 185 copies for sale it seems likely that these will be gone by the time orders are open to the public.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Hoping I get a penguin, but my chances seem pretty low. I should have gotten out of bed when I saw the e-mail come through! DOH!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I’ll throw in my congratulations as well. This looks like it’ll be a pretty sought after edition!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Got my secret pre-order link because I bought EotD from Suntup. Ordered one gift and one signed/numbered. Beyond excited for this one for a few reasons:

1) I only own one S/N SK novel - but it's a PC copy (but I won it right here on CD so that's cool!)
    2) I do own two signed editions of Sleeping Beauties but those aren't going to be as nice as Misery
    3) Paul does some amazing things with his products.
    Congratulations, I have no doubt it will be a stunning edition. Pretty sure I will just go for the Artist edition.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Got my secret pre-order link because I bought EotD from Suntup. Ordered one gift and one signed/numbered. Beyond excited for this one for a few reasons:

1) I only own one S/N SK novel - but it's a PC copy (but I won it right here on CD so that's cool!)
    2) I do own two signed editions of Sleeping Beauties but those aren't going to be as nice as Misery
    3) Paul does some amazing things with his products.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    These editions look gorgeous. I love what Paul has been doing. It’s just too bad I can’t buy it all.

Speaking of buying, I’ll admit I had a little buyer’s remorse after buying his EotD portfolio because after I received it, and experiencing its full beauty, I was left with a feeling of ‘now what?” It lives in its box and there it is.

But after learning I get first crack at Misery AND to matcha my number, it made it entirely worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    By the pictures, both the numbered and lettered look like beautiful editions. I’m not enough of a King fan to try to get in on this but the Lifetime Subscriptions are cool and tempting, if one has the money, though in the fine print it says that the editions may or may not be from the print run so there is a possibility of getting a PC copy?

Anyways, I hope everyone can get a copy and make me jealous with pictures!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Since I can't really afford the Numbered right now and I also have no will power to resist buying one, it's best if they sell out before I can hurt myself.
    The eternal struggle.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I'm still hoping to get a Numbered, but I'm sure they'll be gone in a split second once those order buttons go live.
    Since I can't really afford the Numbered right now and I also have no will power to resist buying one, it's best if they sell out before I can hurt myself.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I'm still hoping to get a Numbered, but I'm sure they'll be gone in a split second once those order buttons go live.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X