X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Well, so much for that. By the time I got to click enter to complete my paypal payment, it said it was sold out. I did buy a gift edition, though
    Sorry to hear that.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Something about the Chrome browser and the Suntup site didn't mesh. Kept getting a redirect to the same order page and/or a Database Error message. Switching to Internet Explorer worked, though by the time I got it all sorted out the Numbered was gone. Oh well, just as well, given that I was leaning toward the Artist's Edition anyhow (though that 4-payment plan was tempting).

Congrats to those who got a Numbered.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    It probably didn't help that Stephen King announced it and posted a link to it on Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    By the time I went to bed last night I had decided to try for the limited this morning. Well I clicked as soon as it struck 8:00 and the order went through flawlessly. I received order number 1973, which I found interesting and have secured a limited of Misery!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    That was brutal. And I didn't get a numbered. I walked away bruised with an Artist edition. Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Well, so much for that. By the time I got to click enter to complete my paypal payment, it said it was sold out. I did buy a gift edition, though

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Good luck for those who try today.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Looks like the lifetime subscriptions sold out fairly quickly. Apparently the lettered Misery are all gone but still some numbered editions available.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    These are my thoughts exactly. I wound up selling off my two CD Doubleday Portfolios because I realized they just weren’t my thing and I’d wind up spending another $200 or so to keep up the set, merely to have it on my shelf. Much rather have it in the hands of someone who really loves it. I can’t see myself spending $300 on something I’m not that into so I can spend even more money. Makes me wonder if we’ll see some EotD portfolios start showing up on the aftermarket once Misery is behind us.

I’d love to get in on a Lifetime Subscription plan from a Press. I’ve heard the horror stories from people burned by some of these deals, but when they pay off it’s pretty huge.
    I do hope some Eyes of the Dragon art portfolio's start showing up on the market for a reasonable price. I would love to own but can't justify the retail.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    This edition sounds truly out of this world. Alas the cost is not in the cards at this point though... maybe an artist edition. I'm debating.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Lettered is SOLD OUT but there will be some numbered copies left ~70 or so I think. Good luck everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congratulations, TD -- I'm planning on sharing some of your joy on Monday, but we'll see what's left.

After hearing about the matching-number deal on the TDT thread, I had the opportunity on Thursday (?) or Friday to buy the EoTD portfolio to get a guarantee on the numbered edition of MISERY, but like (it sounds like) you, I'm not a buyer of art portfolios...my interest in books starts and ends with Books. Plus, even were I interested in art portfolios, I'm not fanatical enough of a King collector to buy a $300 piece to ensure I can buy a $600 piece. It's nice that you already had that taken care of to begin with.
    These are my thoughts exactly. I wound up selling off my two CD Doubleday Portfolios because I realized they just weren’t my thing and I’d wind up spending another $200 or so to keep up the set, merely to have it on my shelf. Much rather have it in the hands of someone who really loves it. I can’t see myself spending $300 on something I’m not that into so I can spend even more money. Makes me wonder if we’ll see some EotD portfolios start showing up on the aftermarket once Misery is behind us.

I’d love to get in on a Lifetime Subscription plan from a Press. I’ve heard the horror stories from people burned by some of these deals, but when they pay off it’s pretty huge.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    No way in hell I'm cancelling. But I hope there's one for you if you want one.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I have no doubt the limited will be worth the price being charged. With Gwendy's and Sleeping Beauties limited editions on order I just can't bring myself to spend that much.
    I think this edition will be up there with Centipede's Salem's Lot.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I missed out on Gwendy (and would have passsed anyway) and didn’t have the funds available for Sleeping Beauties.

I’m hoping an extra copy or two shows up for CDCC ...
    I think that's a safe bet. My guess is that while the trade edition has been out generating amazon reviews, people who already ordered may have decided to pass and cancel. Plus, the book tour put a crop of signed editions on the secondary market so people could get their signed fix that way. I would think this is a special edition that would see a higher number of cancellations than average for CD.

No way in hell I'm cancelling. But I hope there's one for you if you want one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X