Clear All

• subie09lega
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    There were three options:

USPS Media Mail
    USPS Priority Mail
    Fed Ex

I chose Priority mail as I do with all high end books.
    Okay, that's good to know, it kind of spooked me. Does anyone know from where Suntup ships?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    Did this statement give anyone pause?

Media Mail: We offer Media Mail shipping, which is nice and cheap, but please be aware that this is not insured and we are not responsible for any loss caused by the carrier. Thank you!

I hate when they add disclaimers like that. Do they offer any other options at checkout?
    There were three options:

USPS Media Mail
    USPS Priority Mail
    Fed Ex

I chose Priority mail as I do with all high end books.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Did this statement give anyone pause?

Media Mail: We offer Media Mail shipping, which is nice and cheap, but please be aware that this is not insured and we are not responsible for any loss caused by the carrier. Thank you!

I hate when they add disclaimers like that. Do they offer any other options at checkout?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    $115. The order price did not match the advertised price. I initially thought perhaps the postage was going to be bundled in, but that didn’t turn out to be the case, either. I’m not going to sweat the five bucks, though.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I paid $115 for mine.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    OK, here's something odd. When I ordered my Gift Edition I paid $115. Now the price says $110 which is what the website said the price would be. I'm wondering if they'll adjust my order. What did others pay for the Gift edition?

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I sure hope it's less than that. My guess was somewhere between 1000 and 1500, if only because it was promoted as comparatively limited (". . . will be very limited for a Stephen King book"...though I suppose that can be read any way one wants, given that I now see it doesn't specify that it's in comparison to other Gift Editions of other limiteds...if it means mass market, then anything compared to a "Stephen King book" would be "very limited"). I also thought perhaps since the numbered was smaller than recent other King numbereds, that the same would apply to the Gift/Artist's in this case. Hopefully it'll be announced in the next week or two, once the dust from the order period settles and/or the order cap hits.
    Yeah when you look at the language, there's tons of room to justify a print run of 5,000. For a King book, that's a small number. Though it's huge for a limited run. I think the Grant trade editions were about 5,000. We will see. I just assumed if people were burning for a numbered and were denied they'd still want something and they'd grab a gift edition. Unless they wanted King's signature or nothing.

Anyway, the balm to my burns today:
    1. MISERY is one of my absolute favorite King books and I'm happy to add the artist edition to my collection.
    2. I LOVE Rick Berry's work on TALISMAN and BLACK HOUSE. Berry as well as Dave McKean and Phile Hale (his work on the second edition of THE DRAWING OF THE THREE) are my favorite King artists so far. Dave Columbo is another that I thought was exceptional.
    3. Telling my wife that I spent $115 is a whole lot easier than telling her I spent $525.
    4. Based on Suntup's attention to detail, I'm hoping even the gift edition is a stand out. Though I haven't seen anything but the slipcase.

Anyway, I'm feeling bummed (like I did when I missed the Lonely Road edition of GWENDY) but I plan on making a full recovery like a true first world warrior.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well, considering all the hype around this release and the fact that you can still buy one right now, I'm not sure it's super limited. Maybe 2,000? 3,000? How many signatures is Rick Berry willing to endure? lol
    I sure hope it's less than that. My guess was somewhere between 1000 and 1500, if only because it was promoted as comparatively limited (". . . will be very limited for a Stephen King book"...though I suppose that can be read any way one wants, given that I now see it doesn't specify that it's in comparison to other Gift Editions of other limiteds...if it means mass market, then anything compared to a "Stephen King book" would be "very limited"). I also thought perhaps since the numbered was smaller than recent other King numbereds, that the same would apply to the Gift/Artist's in this case. Hopefully it'll be announced in the next week or two, once the dust from the order period settles and/or the order cap hits.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Has not been announced, that I've seen...just that it will be based on preorders, will be comparatively limited for a King LE, and that it will be capped. Don't know why Paul just didn't announce what that cap is, though.
    Well, considering all the hype around this release and the fact that you can still buy one right now, I'm not sure it's super limited. Maybe 2,000? 3,000? How many signatures is Rick Berry willing to endure? lol

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I guess I should have used Safari and not Chrome!
    Yep, me, too. Funny how it's often the little, unexpected things that trip one up.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    By the time I went to bed last night I had decided to try for the limited this morning. Well I clicked as soon as it struck 8:00 and the order went through flawlessly. I received order number 1973, which I found interesting and have secured a limited of Misery!
    Congrats! I will breathe your second-hand joy.

I guess I should have used Safari and not Chrome!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Something about the Chrome browser and the Suntup site didn't mesh. Kept getting a redirect to the same order page and/or a Database Error message. Switching to Internet Explorer worked, though by the time I got it all sorted out the Numbered was gone. Oh well, just as well, given that I was leaning toward the Artist's Edition anyhow (though that 4-payment plan was tempting).

Congrats to those who got a Numbered.
    I went in using Edge browser and had no issues.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?
    Has not been announced, that I've seen...just that it will be based on preorders, will be comparatively limited for a King LE, and that it will be capped. Don't know why Paul just didn't announce what that cap is, though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    That was brutal. And I didn't get a numbered. I walked away bruised with an Artist edition. Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?
    Sorry you missed on the Limited. They have not stated a number for the artist edition yet. If I remember correctly they will determine the print run based on a pre-order window but expect it to be low.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X