Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    No doubt and from what I've seen the book looks great, just not $4,200 great...

I will join other people's sentiments about starting to double-think passing on The Haunting of Hill House. Hopefully there will be another Suntup book I can get in on as their execution so far is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Dear lord! Is anybody going to pay that price?! It's like the lettered copy of READY PLAYER ONE that was on Ebay a while back; the seller was trying to get $10,000 for it. I don't know if these people are looking for a hail mary of a sale or what. Those in the know are most likely aware of the insane markup, those not in the know probably aren't in the market.
    They're striking while the iron is hot. EVERYBODY is raving.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    If you missed out, Very Fine Books has a copy for sale.

$4200!!!!
    Dear lord! Is anybody going to pay that price?! It's like the lettered copy of READY PLAYER ONE that was on Ebay a while back; the seller was trying to get $10,000 for it. I don't know if these people are looking for a hail mary of a sale or what. Those in the know are most likely aware of the insane markup, those not in the know probably aren't in the market.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

$4200!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

$4200!!!!
    Just saw that email.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

$4200!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Blocked.
    lol.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I did. No secret compartments or anything.
    Bummer, I was hoping you had the swag and did not realize it.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Just making sure, you did lift out the foam the book came in?
    I did. No secret compartments or anything.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Are you sure that was glue?!
    Blocked.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    My neighbors also stole my fancy sprinkler too, which I can’t figure out why they did that.

Yeah, Paul sent me a PM about my double signature pages. I haven’t seen something like it before. The closest I’ve seen is my upside down map in CD’s ‘Salem’s Lot edition, which I did nothing about, and my copy of CP’s Ender’s Game that has glue all over the pages.
    Are you sure that was glue?!

Leave a comment:

• Br!an
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    I open all my Suntup and Dragon Rebound Editions from the bottom. That way, The seal on top is never broken. Weird, I know.

I received my S/L on Saturday and it is simply stunning. The material used on the boards is sinful it's so smooth and fine to the touch. Exquisite!

I do wish I could go back in time and redo the day it was announced. I had the rights to a Lettered copy but couldn't afford it. I took the first low ball offer thrown at me and this was before I knew how the rights transfer was going to work. I screwed myself out of a fortune. I cannot bear to look at the pics of the collector that got my letter because I might just have to hobble myself for being so stupid.

OK, that's all the whining I will do on the subject because I am still fortunate enough to own the numbered and man! It is NICE!
    I did the same thing. I did get enough from the deal to buy the numbered edition though. So it's not a total loss.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    My neighbors also stole my fancy sprinkler too, which I can’t figure out why they did that.

Yeah, Paul sent me a PM about my double signature pages. I haven’t seen something like it before. The closest I’ve seen is my upside down map in CD’s ‘Salem’s Lot edition, which I did nothing about, and my copy of CP’s Ender’s Game that has glue all over the pages.
    YOU get all the variants!!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Looks like Paul is working with Jason on the TDT forum to make him whole. Paul is also going to see to the neighbors about that hostage situation.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Just making sure, you did lift out the foam the book came in?
    Looks like Paul is working with Jason on the TDT forum to make him whole. Paul is also going to see to the neighbors about that hostage situation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X