Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misery from Suntup editions:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    And part of that price does guarantee the purchaser first rights to the next King (only King) book when and if Suntup does another S/L. If the rights were not involved, I feel the price would be lower. My lettered copy would have went for a whole lot more had I know how that was going to work but hind sight is 20/20.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Tommy View Post
      And part of that price does guarantee the purchaser first rights to the next King (only King) book when and if Suntup does another S/L. If the rights were not involved, I feel the price would be lower. My lettered copy would have went for a whole lot more had I know how that was going to work but hind sight is 20/20.
      Valid point, I had not considered that.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Tommy View Post
        And part of that price does guarantee the purchaser first rights to the next King (only King) book when and if Suntup does another S/L. If the rights were not involved, I feel the price would be lower. My lettered copy would have went for a whole lot more had I know how that was going to work but hind sight is 20/20.
        There's been some discussion on the TDT forum about the concern over whether it's an IF or a WHEN when it comes to Suntup doing another King edition. I've got to say that Paul must have something in the works. ALL of his Covers Collection and the Dragon Rebound books are King works. Paul is focused on King. And King has got to be thrilled with the way Misery turned out. From the quality of the production to the attention to detail to the reverence Paul has paid to the book. I'd imagine King would have a hard time saying no. And I think Suntup customers would start getting pretty concerned if the third or fourth book wasn't a King book.

        Comment


          Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          There's been some discussion on the TDT forum about the concern over whether it's an IF or a WHEN when it comes to Suntup doing another King edition. I've got to say that Paul must have something in the works. ALL of his Covers Collection and the Dragon Rebound books are King works. Paul is focused on King. And King has got to be thrilled with the way Misery turned out. From the quality of the production to the attention to detail to the reverence Paul has paid to the book. I'd imagine King would have a hard time saying no. And I think Suntup customers would start getting pretty concerned if the third or fourth book wasn't a King book.
          I would certainly love for Suntup to release another King book and am happy I will have right of first refusal if they do. With that said I will not stress over whether it will happen or not. If it does I will be very pleased that I can again see what the artistic mind of Paul Suntup does with it. If it does not I will remain very pleased that I was lucky enough to get the signed limited of Misery.

          Comment


            Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            There's been some discussion on the TDT forum about the concern over whether it's an IF or a WHEN when it comes to Suntup doing another King edition. I've got to say that Paul must have something in the works. ALL of his Covers Collection and the Dragon Rebound books are King works. Paul is focused on King. And King has got to be thrilled with the way Misery turned out. From the quality of the production to the attention to detail to the reverence Paul has paid to the book. I'd imagine King would have a hard time saying no. And I think Suntup customers would start getting pretty concerned if the third or fourth book wasn't a King book.
            Since Paul is a big King fan, I see that as a possibility, though since I'm not a big King collector, I hope he branches out more. I think that their policy of right of first refusal from both MISERY and HILL HOUSE is very generous. Since neither are part of a series, they could easily have made it "first come, first served" with each new book.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Since Paul is a big King fan, I see that as a possibility, though since I'm not a big King collector, I hope he branches out more. I think that their policy of right of first refusal from both MISERY and HILL HOUSE is very generous. Since neither are part of a series, they could easily have made it "first come, first served" with each new book.
              Yeah, it certainly is generous. Paul definitely thinks like a collector and he's firmly on the side of giving people the chance to match numbers. I think it was a great move to allow for the separate tracks. And being on the non-King track, it definitely feels more exciting--like we're in for more surprises. There are so many incredible authors and so many classic works that Paul can explore. And there are only so many King books that haven't gotten a limited treatment.

              Comment


                I believe everyone who ordered a Limited Edition of Misery on this board has theirs by now. I will begin posting photo's on my collection thread. If you are still trying to avoid seeing the details please avoid my collection thread for a while.

                Comment


                  Have you all seen the news on the tdt forum? The non-sequential pages in Misery? I think you have, Martin. I thought you commented.

                  I think there might be a quake among the collectors. Some want them all fixed or none fixed to avoid a tiered valuation of the edition. I don't get that. Not all copies are going to be equally handled and preserved. There are going to be differences in how each copy is treated once it leaves the publisher. It was published in one state. The error seems to affect all numbered editions. What happens after that is up to the individual collector. The people arguing that the solution needs to be blanket and total have never been in a society of humans before, apparently.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    Have you all seen the news on the tdt forum? The non-sequential pages in Misery? I think you have, Martin. I thought you commented.

                    I think there might be a quake among the collectors. Some want them all fixed or none fixed to avoid a tiered valuation of the edition. I don't get that. Not all copies are going to be equally handled and preserved. There are going to be differences in how each copy is treated once it leaves the publisher. It was published in one state. The error seems to affect all numbered editions. What happens after that is up to the individual collector. The people arguing that the solution needs to be blanket and total have never been in a society of humans before, apparently.
                    Yes, I generally do not join the conversations there but I noted that mine has the error. So far everyone who has commented with a Limited has the error. Not sure but it appears to affect all limited editions. I do not believe I would be willing to send mine in to be corrected.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Have you all seen the news on the tdt forum? The non-sequential pages in Misery? I think you have, Martin. I thought you commented.

                      I think there might be a quake among the collectors. Some want them all fixed or none fixed to avoid a tiered valuation of the edition. I don't get that. Not all copies are going to be equally handled and preserved. There are going to be differences in how each copy is treated once it leaves the publisher. It was published in one state. The error seems to affect all numbered editions. What happens after that is up to the individual collector. The people arguing that the solution needs to be blanket and total have never been in a society of humans before, apparently.
                      I can't really speak for Paul, but it's also not really a feasible thing to fix. Especially once the books have already been shipped out to customers. Unless he used a different binding method than I'm familiar with, you can't really pull those pages out and rebind them (at least not easily). You pretty much have to scrap the whole thing or large parts of the book and start over. That can get expensive really quickly. Plus blanket coverage will be impossible since he's already shipped them out. There are some people who won't care and won't want to send their copies back.
                      CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                      Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

                      Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I can't really speak for Paul, but it's also not really a feasible thing to fix. Especially once the books have already been shipped out to customers. Unless he used a different binding method than I'm familiar with, you can't really pull those pages out and rebind them (at least not easily). You pretty much have to scrap the whole thing or large parts of the book and start over. That can get expensive really quickly. Plus blanket coverage will be impossible since he's already shipped them out. There are some people who won't care and won't want to send their copies back.
                        Yeah, there are more people than I would have expected saying to leave it as it is. But what about others who will be mightily bothered by the imperfection? It's a sticky spot for sure. I have no idea how Paul is going to go about this. But I can't imagine his response will please everyone based on what I'm reading at TDT. If Paul can thread that needle without drawing fire from somewhere, then I'd say he should run for office!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Yes, I generally do not join the conversations there
                          I don't blame you. Posting a comment there can feel like you're being air dropped into the center of a pack of very hungry hyenas.

                          Comment


                            I haven’t seen the news but I had an error copy that included two artist signature pages, and two title/copyright pages that I sent back to Paul a little over a week and a half ago. So I’m totally unsure if my copy had other strange page issues. That’s actually why I elected for Paul to fix it so I wouldn’t have a less than perfect copy.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              Yeah, there are more people than I would have expected saying to leave it as it is. But what about others who will be mightily bothered by the imperfection? It's a sticky spot for sure. I have no idea how Paul is going to go about this. But I can't imagine his response will please everyone based on what I'm reading at TDT. If Paul can thread that needle without drawing fire from somewhere, then I'd say he should run for office!
                              In this situation I don't really think there's anything he can do other than offer a full refund for a return. Then he can just sell the returned copies to someone who doesn't care about that. I don't think it's reasonable or really feasible to fix them. It'll cost too much money to do. This is a situation where there's no way to really make everyone happy. It's really unfortunate and there's not really anything he could've done about it either. You'd have to be really really lucky to catch something like that ahead of time.
                              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                              Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

                              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                I haven’t seen the news but I had an error copy that included two artist signature pages, and two title/copyright pages that I sent back to Paul a little over a week and a half ago. So I’m totally unsure if my copy had other strange page issues. That’s actually why I elected for Paul to fix it so I wouldn’t have a less than perfect copy.
                                You weren't interested in keeping it as a one-of-a kind? I might have considered that. I would have just maybe asked Paul to send an errata sheet specifying that this was unique to your copy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X