X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Alas, no penguin or other swag with my copy.

BUT

For a book with only three people signing, my edition has FIVE signatures. I have a second artist signature page included.
    Just making sure, you did lift out the foam the book came in?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

BUT

For a book with only three people signing, my edition has FIVE signatures. I have a second artist signature page included.
    Sorry you did not get the extras. Congratulations on getting the book though, hope the ransom was not too much!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This cracked me up!
    I’ve tried to put a thumbs up emoji and then tried a different way to say the same thing. None of it works.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 08-15-2018, 02:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    My copy was delivered and it feels like my neighbors left me the first half of a ransom note:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20924[/ATTACH]

I keep expecting part two - pay is the money or we will read it!
    This cracked me up!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

BUT

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    My copy was delivered and it feels like my neighbors left me the first half of a ransom note:

220AE04C-B5DA-4547-8A39-B5E778375897.jpg

I keep expecting part two - pay is the money or we will read it!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Martin! Looking forward to the photos.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am now the proud owner of Suntup's Limited edition of Misery. This is the most money I have ever spent on a book and it is worth much more than I spent. The quality of this book exceeds my expectations and they were pretty high! It is clear that an incredible amount of thought went into every aspect of this production. I will not post photo's to my collection thread until this weekend. I am sure that the photo's will not adequately show the quality of this book. Holding this book in your hand is the only way to really experience it. I am really regretting not getting the artist edition of this and passing on Hill House as well. But that is all tempered by the complete bliss I feel when holding this book.

All I can really say is WOW!
    Congrats, Martin! Looking forward to the photos.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Did you get a penguin?

I'm still avoiding pictures - but I keep hearing GREAT things. My copy didn't show up today, so tomorrow will be the day. I just hate the fact I won't be home. I asked my neighbors to keep an eye out for me - hopefully they're here when the delivery person arrives.
    Yes, I got the penguin and swag. I do not know for sure but based on the way it is packed I would not be surprised if they included that with every purchase. You are in for a real treat when you get yours! I was lucky to be home and have my phone set to text me on delivery so I got mine right after the postman delivered it.
    Last edited by Martin; 08-14-2018, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am now the proud owner of Suntup's Limited edition of Misery. This is the most money I have ever spent on a book and it is worth much more than I spent. The quality of this book exceeds my expectations and they were pretty high! It is clear that an incredible amount of thought went into every aspect of this production. I will not post photo's to my collection thread until this weekend. I am sure that the photo's will not adequately show the quality of this book. Holding this book in your hand is the only way to really experience it. I am really regretting not getting the artist edition of this and passing on Hill House as well. But that is all tempered by the complete bliss I feel when holding this book.

Did you get a penguin?

I'm still avoiding pictures - but I keep hearing GREAT things. My copy didn't show up today, so tomorrow will be the day. I just hate the fact I won't be home. I asked my neighbors to keep an eye out for me - hopefully they're here when the delivery person arrives.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    Chicken Soup for the Soul?
    Paul's already stated Danielle Steel's complete works is up next for the Suntup treatment.

I was able to purchase Hill House aftermarket from a very gracious TDT member for retail. I've never read the story either but, I wanted the assurance of being in the know the next time Paul drops the mic.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Either that or Twilight....
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    If they do Twilight, I am TOTALLY going for the Extra Glitter edition!
    Ahh but that feature will only work in the sunlight. Why the hell do I know that??

I know that I'll be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind a Suntup edition of Twilight because my GF if a HUGE fan of those books and movies, and it would be an amazing treasure for her to have in her different kind of book collection. She has one (maybe two?) editions that were slipcased and had an autopen autograph, but this would be on a whole other kind of level.

Regarding Hill House - I skipped that one because of the financial commitment so soon after Misery. I can't buy everything I want when I want it, so choices have to be made. Plus I've never read that story (egads! I know . . .) not that that has stopped me in the past on other books.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Ahh but that feature will only work in the sunlight. Why the hell do I know that??

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Either that or Twilight....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X