• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Ha!

I was really surprised last Sunday when the mailman came by - 1) It's Sunday, and it's not an Amazon package, so what is it? and 2) It's from CD - what the heck did they send me?
    Friend of mine works for the P.O. and said they were delivering parcels 7 days a week during December. I received a few non-Amazon ones as well on Sundays.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Probably passed through a Thinny
    Ha!

I was really surprised last Sunday when the mailman came by - 1) It's Sunday, and it's not an Amazon package, so what is it? and 2) It's from CD - what the heck did they send me?

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I got my shipping notice for the Outsider slipcase this morning. I’ll just ignore the fact the slipcase was delivered on the 23rd.
    Probably passed through a Thinny

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I got my shipping notice for the Outsider slipcase this morning. I’ll just ignore the fact the slipcase was delivered on the 23rd.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    About 100 pages to go and it's lost some of its steam for me. Still really enjoying this book. Hope to be done by tomorrow night. If not won't get to finish it until Tuesday. Monday is a super long work day.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I just finished this and enjoyed the hell out of it. Fairly quick read (or maybe that’s more due to over two hours a day commute.) Not am earth shattering novel, but it entertained me, and that’s really what’s important, right?

Next up is Sleeping Beauties - while I own three copies, I haven’t read this one yet, and my ebook hold from the library came available this week so perfect timing.

Speaking of book holds - why do they always come in at the SAME TIME? Sheesh.
    I agree with your assessment of The Outsider. I enjoyed Sleeping Beauties.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I just finished this and enjoyed the hell out of it. Fairly quick read (or maybe that’s more due to over two hours a day commute.) Not am earth shattering novel, but it entertained me, and that’s really what’s important, right?

Next up is Sleeping Beauties - while I own three copies, I haven’t read this one yet, and my ebook hold from the library came available this week so perfect timing.

Speaking of book holds - why do they always come in at the SAME TIME? Sheesh.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    King’s endings have often left me disappointed...UNDER THE DOME, anyone?
    This one is much better than Under the Dome but did leave me disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    King’s endings have often left me disappointed...UNDER THE DOME, anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well the first 75% of this book was fantastic. It kind of went sideways for me at that point but overall I really enjoyed it. Gave it four stars on Good reads but it was five stars for the first 75% and almost fell to three stars by the end.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Here in the Portland/Vancouver area I am only seeing 1st/1st copies. Picked a mint 1st/1st from Costco, have also seen them at Powell's.
    I just picked up a mint 1st/1st from my local B&N. They sent me a 15% off coupon, plus it was 30% off to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Here in the Portland/Vancouver area I am only seeing 1st/1st copies. Picked a mint 1st/1st from Costco, have also seen them at Powell's.
    Local grocery had all 1st.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    This is one of the best books Mr. King has written in years. A little over 100 pages into it and am fully invested in the story and the characters.
    I am about 300 pages in and can say that it only gets better! With just over 200 pages to go it still can go off the rails but I am loving this book so far! I have guests arriving today and staying for the next few days and am already thinking about how I will get my reading time in.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I could've sworn I ordered The Outsider with slipcase, but I just searched my orders and see I only ordered the slipcase....duh! I better go to my local B&N and see if I can find a first printing.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    This is one of the best books Mr. King has written in years. A little over 100 pages into it and am fully invested in the story and the characters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X