Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teriw
    replied
    I posted this and forgot about it. It's not all condensed into one movie. The first one is merely an introduction to the characters and the world. The Series is already being written and is just waiting on a green light from the movie sales. The second movie will include a variation of the Drawing. The whole Ka-Tet will be brought in, including Oy and the Detta Roland conflicts will not be dropped just altered. I'm extremely excited. Most people who aren't don't seem to understand what it is they're doing or are just pissed about a Black Roland.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    And this Roland isn't as cold and emotionless as the Roland I journeyed with.
    I don't know about that. In my opinion there hasn't been enough in the trailers to tell us that.

I honestly don't think it even needs to be a sequel for them to do what you're talking about. They do this sort of thing all the time, to some extent. This time just feels like they are going heavy with it, because they don't want to commit to 7 movies. If I remember correctly the original plan was 2 movies with a mini-series sandwiched in between. Though I believe that has been abandoned now in favor of just one movie. But we will see. Like you though I'm not really excited about it, I'll see it, but I'm not jumping out of my chair to do so.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    My understanding is that this is an alternate timeline. Ka is a wheel and this view does not show the same spin of the wheel as the original books. I assume that means the characters are similar but not the same. Many events happen but not necessarily in the same sequence.

With that said I am very intrigued with this one and am looking forward to it. Dark Tower loyalist may be disappointed.
    What I heard is that this is a sequel. I'm not going to spoil the books for anyone who may not have read them by explaining how it's a sequel. But based on that enormous hole of a word (sequel) people need to know that the filmmakers have been liberated from staying true to elements of the source material that they don't want to include. They essentially have the names of characters and the basic framework of the overarching plot and that's it. They're going to do whatever they want and I am not on fire to see it. I'm annoyed with the "Force" powers given to the Man in Black. And this Roland isn't as cold and emotionless as the Roland I journeyed with.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I'm a little disappointed that it looks like they are condensing it down to a single movie. Some of my favorite parts of the story happen with characters it looks like they are leaving out.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I will probably go see it. Don't get to a lot of movies, but told my wife I want to see this one. I have not read any of the Dark Tower books (yet), but it looks pretty good. I got my 2 Funko Pop figures for it.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    My understanding is that this is an alternate timeline. Ka is a wheel and this view does not show the same spin of the wheel as the original books. I assume that means the characters are similar but not the same. Many events happen but not necessarily in the same sequence.

With that said I am very intrigued with this one and am looking forward to it. Dark Tower loyalist may be disappointed.
    That's actually a good spin. I can dig.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Was excited by the announcement, as well as the main cast. After seeing the preview I am less excited.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    Not a lot of Talk going on around here lately and I see no Dark Tower thread. What does everyone think of how it looks for far? I think it looks amazing and am so glad to see Matthew McConaughey cast and I love Idris Elba. Some of the special effects could be better. My main concern was bringing in The Drawing with how they seem to have jumbled up books. It almost looks like Jake is not brought in properly and there's stuff from the wastelands but no Eddie and Susannah. But Nik put my completely as ease with the Reddit AMA.
    I can't wait for IT to hit theaters in September!!

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    started a topic The Dark Tower Movie

The Dark Tower Movie

Not a lot of Talk going on around here lately and I see no Dark Tower thread. What does everyone think of how it looks for far? I think it looks amazing and am so glad to see Matthew McConaughey cast and I love Idris Elba. Some of the special effects could be better. My main concern was bringing in The Drawing with how they seem to have jumbled up books. It almost looks like Jake is not brought in properly and there's stuff from the wastelands but no Eddie and Susannah. But Nik put my completely as ease with the Reddit AMA.
Working...
X