Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just my thought, 1st edition, the first appearance of a book, trumps Deluxe reprint, in regards to collecting. As for enjoying what you buy and read, I'm all for it!! And as most of you know about me by now, I rarely buy Stephen King. Have all I want...But I will pick up a few of the Cemetery Dance editions coming out, LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    IMHO as many 1st editions are just standard trade editions with exorbitant price tags, I would actually prefer to own an ultra deluxe lettered edition of Stephen King's work over any 1st edition. I am aware that most 1st editions of Stephen King's work can fetch monetary value far in excess of the price of PS Publishing's Carrie, I just prefer to enjoy reading his work with the deluxe treatment.

If only I had the money to even try and score a lettered edition of one of Stephen King's books...

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just my nickels worth on input, I would take that $4,000.00 plus and purchase a few true 1st editions of SK books, rather than spend it on a special edition. To each his own, but whew that's a lot of cash.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    The "Sold Out" banner went up about 40 minutes after the offer opened.

John

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Well, I don't need to eat for the next....year.
    So you got one and are dieting?

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Well, I don't need to eat for the next....year.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Yeah, it showed sold out within the first hour but it's been showing two are available since then. Pete said when they're all sold out it wouldn't be available to order so unless they're having a glitch with the system there's still two available for anyone who has the inclination an funds to get one.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Interesting, the banner on the main website says it is sold out.
    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    There's still a couple copies left. I can still add two copies to the cart but not three. It says there's two available.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    There's still a couple copies left. I can still add two copies to the cart but not three. It says there's two available.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    And it is sold out.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I can't even find this page but it doesn't matter since this book cost more than my car

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Too bad I don't have the money for it.....

Carrie.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    Lol, that's right. And who knows, maybe one day one of us will hit that windfall and won't bat an eye spending 15k picking it up on the secondary market years down the road. Whether made for us or not, it's just a good thing that something like this is made at all.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I have no problem with the price of the book. I'm not one of the 1%; I never have been and never will be. But I don't begrudge the 1% their bennies. I never got a job from a welfare recipient and I never got a good deal on a fine/fine book that they are forced to sell from one, either. At least a book that I didn't suspect was "hot."

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I think it is a rather ridiculous price for a book. I'm sure that it is going to be gorgeous and will become a holy grail for King collectors but there's no way I'd ever spend that much on a book. Though with that being said, I'm obviously not the market this book is being made for. I can appreciate what PS is doing and definitely wish them the best of luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X