Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subie09lega
    replied
    I ordered it as well, more out of curiosity than anything. UPS should be dropping it off in the next couple hours.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Bate View Post
    I noticed this on Amazon.co.uk just after Christmas and ordered it straight away, it arrived Monday and is indeed very nice, well put together and makes a nice addition to my SK shelf (I did download the PDF from his website but it is nice to have a 'hard' copy).
    Congratulations! You should start a collection thread and upload photos of your copy of The Plant to it.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Bate
    replied
    I noticed this on Amazon.co.uk just after Christmas and ordered it straight away, it arrived Monday and is indeed very nice, well put together and makes a nice addition to my SK shelf (I did download the PDF from his website but it is nice to have a 'hard' copy).

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Just checked these out. Amazon's page is gone and BN says "This Paperback is Not Available through BN.com" so they must have been offered by someone other than King. I made my own bound copy from the printouts when King first released everything online. You can see it on page 12 of my collection. http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post26248

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Cool, thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Gotcha, thought I remembered aseeing something in your collection.

Is the story in anyway related to the Creepshow story with the meteorite? Is that where it started?
    No, the basis for the Creepshow story is King's story "Weeds". This was first published in Cavalier in the May 1976 issue, reprinted in the April 1979 issue of Nugget and recently reprinted in CD's Shivers VII. It's a great story.

John

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied

Is the story in anyway related to the Creepshow story with the meteorite? Is that where it started?
    No, the basis for the Creepshow story is King's story "Weeds". This was first published in Cavalier in the May 1976 issue, reprinted in the April 1979 issue of Nugget and recently reprinted in CD's Shivers VII. It's a great story.

John

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yea and I would have thought that some kind of BIG announcement would be made due to the history of this project.
    True, true.

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I have an unsigned ARC of Part 3 of The Plant. I also have the PDF files for the entire "Zenith Rising" that was offered (yes, I paid more than King was asking for each of the six parts.)

John

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yea and I would have thought that some kind of BIG announcement would be made due to the history of this project.
    True, true.

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I have an unsigned ARC of Part 3 of The Plant. I also have the PDF files for the entire "Zenith Rising" that was offered (yes, I paid more than King was asking for each of the six parts.)

John

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I think John might have a part of it, I may be mistaken.

But he would also still be getting paid for the sales of the CreateSpace copies. It looks like you pay them to make your books. I wouldn't they would print a copyrighted SK story without his permission, that would be just stupid.

John

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Double post.

John
    Last edited by jhanic; 12-30-2013, 05:21 PM. Reason: Double post.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Yeah it could happen, but you wouldn't think they would sell a big name like that through big name retailers like Amazon or Barnes and Nobles. Unless it's just sellers on the sites and not the Amazon or B&N themselves.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Thanks guys. I do think some people are stupid enough to publish copywritten materials without actually getting permission. .

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I think John might have a part of it, I may be mistaken.

But he would also still be getting paid for the sales of the CreateSpace copies. It looks like you pay them to make your books. I wouldn't they would print a copyrighted SK story without his permission, that would be just stupid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X