Under The Dome premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said by King!

I like to bitch about the book being better than the movie on many occasions. But he is absolutely right, the book has not changed one bit. Open it up and it is still the same.

Comment

I agree, well said. It's just annoying when you expect it to be like the book. I always hate when they change stuff but I completely agree that the changes can be necessary. Although the Barbie thing is a little too much for me regardless.

Comment

Stephen King's appearance on Sunday Morning talking about Under the Dome

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50149794n

still complaining about Kubrick, lol

Comment

Awesome stuff! Loved his crack about Showgirls 2: Cockroaches from Arcturus and his saying mean things about Kubrick now that he's dead! Hate to tell King, but Kubrick's The Shinging is gonna outlas his TV version (but he probably knows this).

Be sure to watch the exclusive content as well as the aired segment.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I can't believe they're going to drag things on for at least another season. I'm done. It's not THAT good.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I can't believe they're going to drag things on for at least another season. I'm done. It's not THAT good.
              I'm also done. I've been watching it only in the hope that things would be wrapped up at the end of the season, but now it looks as if it'll just drag on until they pull the plug.

Comment

The show should be called the never ending story. Now I don't know if I ever want to see this.I had thought about getting the DVD but now I am not sure.

Comment

I don't watch much TV, so I'll continue with it. Right now, it's the only weekly program I watch. But I am starting to dislike series structured like this.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Then they make you wait for a year before returning. I lost interest in walking dead after the long break. Things just got so busy I forgot it was coming back.

Comment

I have not caught the show since the second episode. It comes on at 10pm which makes me think about how small minded the network is. They highly touted and promoted this show but don't have the balls to put it on earlier due to the graphic violence. However they can have shows on at 8pm that have sexual situations or innuendos, homosexuality, murder, or a plethora of other questionable content but are scared to broadcast this at an earlier time. I was catching it on the rebroadcast at 10pm Sunday but after the second episode they were not rebroadcasting it. Maybe if it had a laugh track it would be ok to show it earlier.

So I guess I will just wait till its on DVD. The networks just can't seem to figure out why shows like Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad are wiping them out in the ratings.
                      If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I still watch this show and for the most part I find it to be ok and enjoyable, though I really do not like the changes Barbie. Obviously changes had to occur for filming (whether movie or series), but to change the main good guy of the book into a not-so-good douchebag is just stupid and am disappointed King would be fine with that.
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

I like what they've done with Jr's characetr. I never liked that Jr started the book out as a complete psycho. Here, we see him first as the own sees him, then when he does his little false imprisonment act; now, responsibility seems to be shaping him up, sort of (he still killed Angie's attacker in cold blood); But's his dad is the one who's losing his cool. It's kinda interesting. I like it.

I didn't like the kids in the beginning of the series, but now Joe and Norrie are the most interesting people in Chester's Mill.

It's not the changes to Barbie's character that bother me as much as the fact that they've made him into a standard TV flawed hero.

At the halfway point, I give it a 7/10
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm having similar feelings Squire. Right now I'm only on the 4th episode, I guess I'll give the fifth a shot today and see how it goes...

Comment

Is anyone still watching this? My wife and I have continued to watch it from the start, but I'm now getting turned off since the new character Max has been introduced.

Comment

I am but have mixed feelings. I thought it was getting better and then went off the rails with the introduction of new people. I am trying to stick with it but they are making it tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X