replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Brian861-How much did it cost? ~Cap
    $52.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Received notification of this set a few months back via a B&N email. I'll be getting it from Water Street.
    Brian861-How much did it cost? ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Received notification of this set a few months back via a B&N email. I'll be getting it from Water Street.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I never get to a book store like Powell's. Heck, I hardly ever stop at the Barnes & Noble in Merced, CA. For me this makes the option to make this purchase more appealing. ~Cap
    I understand that. I live near a Barnes & Noble and rarely bother with it. I am so spoiled by Powell's, they are the last destination bookstore for me.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Each of these paperbacks are already available so I am assuming they just chose four existing books and added a slipcase. Your question did prompt me to compare the retails and the slipcase adds $15.02 to the retail.

The Mist = $6.99 Amazon.com: The Mist (9781982103521): King, Stephen: Books
    Apt Pupil = $11.35 Amazon.com: Apt Pupil (9781982115449): King, Stephen: Books
    The Sun Dog = $8.47 Amazon.com: The Sun Dog (9781982115425): King, Stephen: Books
    The Body = $10.17 Amazon.com: The Body (9781982103538): King, Stephen: Books

Purchased alone they total $36.98
    Purchased with Slipcase total $52.00

Scribner released these little individual story paperbacks a few years ago. I have encountered them at Powell's. They never stock all of them at once. They usually have two or three stories stocked at a time. Each visit seems to have a different assortment. The possible exception appears to be Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption which they usually have.
    I never get to a book store like Powell's. Heck, I hardly ever stop at the Barnes & Noble in Merced, CA. For me this makes the option to make this purchase more appealing. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I wonder why the stories are not collected in just one book. ~Cap
    Each of these paperbacks are already available so I am assuming they just chose four existing books and added a slipcase. Your question did prompt me to compare the retails and the slipcase adds $15.02 to the retail.

The Mist = $6.99 Amazon.com: The Mist (9781982103521): King, Stephen: Books
    Apt Pupil = $11.35 Amazon.com: Apt Pupil (9781982115449): King, Stephen: Books
    The Sun Dog = $8.47 Amazon.com: The Sun Dog (9781982115425): King, Stephen: Books
    The Body = $10.17 Amazon.com: The Body (9781982103538): King, Stephen: Books

Purchased alone they total $36.98
    Purchased with Slipcase total $52.00

Scribner released these little individual story paperbacks a few years ago. I have encountered them at Powell's. They never stock all of them at once. They usually have two or three stories stocked at a time. Each visit seems to have a different assortment. The possible exception appears to be Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption which they usually have.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied

They definitely chose good stories.
    I wonder why the stories are not collected in just one book. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I'm glad you found it. I did look on Amazon and did not locate it there. I see Amazon does not list a total page count. Personally I like this short fiction collection. ~Cap
    They definitely chose good stories.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Found it. I had never heard of this one before. The price feels a little steep for four paperback novellas in a slipcase. The mix of stories feels odd as well with two of the stories coming from the same collection. It is unique enough that I may go for it.
    Amazon.com: Stephen King Short Fiction (9781982187774): King, Stephen: Books
    I'm glad you found it. I did look on Amazon and did not locate it there. I see Amazon does not list a total page count. Personally I like this short fiction collection. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Found it. I had never heard of this one before. The price feels a little steep for four paperback novellas in a slipcase. The mix of stories feels odd as well with two of the stories coming from the same collection. It is unique enough that I may go for it.
    Amazon.com: Stephen King Short Fiction (9781982187774): King, Stephen: Books

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Details? I am aware of a fall release of the three Hardcase books in a slipcase but not of a four book set.
    Go to Facebook. Find Overlook Connection. It's mentioned there although it is not an Overlook Connection release. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Details? I am aware of a fall release of the three Hardcase books in a slipcase but not of a four book set.

Leave a comment:

• I Haven't Seen This New Set Mentioned Here Which Surprises Me

So I stumbled upon a new SK release, four books in a slipcase. I actually learned of this release on Facebook. I do not see the release mentioned here. One of the books is one I wanted and missed out on. I just preordered it.

Cap
Working...
X