"It" sequel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It" sequel?

Read about rumors King is writing a sequel to It. However, I just read about this, apparently it (the rumor) has been around since September. I have no idea how accurate that would be, but I came here to ask because it would make a lot of sense if he was doing that and keeping it quiet. Would seem to me at some point he'd get some sort of idea post the success of the two films. Maybe it's actually a treatment for another film, or a short story/novella? I could not see him writing another long novel, or even a regular-length novel; at most, maybe an If-It-Bleeds-length sort of project.

I think it would be a great idea, and I would take a short-story sequel any day of the proverbial week...

I have read speculation of a third movie but nothing regarding a King involvement. In fact most of the speculation I have read also states that a third installment in unlikely. I believe the Director fueled the rumors at one point by explaining how it could be done.

Comment

There is no sequel happening either in film or book form. The closest thing is King said he would like to write a 45 minute prequel about Pennywise in 1920 according to Joe Hill (this interview here) but that doesn't mean it would actually happen.

All this stuff about King writing a novel in secret has no basis in reality. King is the last person to do something like that by the way. He told everyone he was writing a sequel to The Shining and a new Dark Tower book long before either came out and he announced on Twitter that Mr. Mercedes was going to be a trilogy right after the first book was released. If he was writing a sequel to It he would have made sure we all knew.
      Last edited by CyberGhostface; 02-01-2021, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X