Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Glad to hear that this sounds like a good read. I have Target and Walmart as book store options...So I ordered a copy from CD. Costs way more but I hate going to either of those mega-stores.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Started the Audio book this morning. Ran to Powell's to grab the book and they did not have them yet. That is the last two King releases that I did not find on release day. Did run over to Barnes and Noble and they had plenty.

About 25% into the story and I am loving it. It starts with a slow burn but the story just sucks you in. Loving the straight story telling without the supernatural aspects and hope he stays true to that!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks for the link to the interview. It's always interesting to hear about the process.

On a side note I never preordered this book. I need to fix that PDQ.
    Started the Audio book this morning. Ran to Powell's to grab the book and they did not have them yet. That is the last two King releases that I did not find on release day. Did run over to Barnes and Noble and they had plenty.

About 25% into the story and I am loving it. It starts with a slow burn but the story just sucks you in. Loving the straight story telling without the supernatural aspects and hope he stays true to that!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks for the link to the interview. It's always interesting to hear about the process.

On a side note I never preordered this book. I need to fix that PDQ.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thanks for sharing Martin!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The current edition of Costco Connection magazine has what be the most informative 5 question interview I have ever read.

The Costco Connection - August 2021 - Surefire hit(man)

Leave a comment:

• JJ123
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Kind of weird that THIS one isn't coming out from HCC.
    Very weird. My thinking is it must have been an economic decision...i.e., the potential for this novel would be more fully realized with the marketing ability of Simon/Schuster.

Is this going to be totally non-paranormal, or might there be elements of it within, such as what occurred with the Mercedes trilogy?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Curious to see if they will do a limited.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

What's the title of that book Ron? My favorite hitman book is still Butchers Boy Thomas Perry.
    THE KILLER'S GAME. I have an inscribed (to me) 1st HC of it that I *thought* I had featured on Twitter before now so could show the photos here again, but couldn't find in with a keyword search, so apparently not. It's a great read.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

I'm envious!!

Brian
    Here's a picture of my entire signed* run:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...151513600?s=20

*All but the last few volumes, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I have that book. Great stuff from a guy who never really got his due.
    What's the title of that book Ron? My favorite hitman book is still Butchers Boy Thomas Perry.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

My favorite crime series, bar none. I have the entire series in signed HC 1sts (combination of US and UK), and that set would be among the very last books I'd ever sell.
    I'm envious!!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Glad to see another Richard Stark fan here! I got that vibe from the short excerpt...

Brian
    My favorite crime series, bar none. I have the entire series in signed HC 1sts (combination of US and UK), and that set would be among the very last books I'd ever sell.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
    Sounds a little like a Jay Bonansinga novel in which a top of his game hit man gets a diagnosis that he is terminally ill. He decides to put a hit on himself to see who is the new best of the best only to find out the diagnosis was incorrect and he is fine. Could be a movie with Keanu Reeves...
    I have that book. Great stuff from a guy who never really got his due.

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    Sounds a little like a Jay Bonansinga novel in which a top of his game hit man gets a diagnosis that he is terminally ill. He decides to put a hit on himself to see who is the new best of the best only to find out the diagnosis was incorrect and he is fine. Could be a movie with Keanu Reeves...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X