Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon and schuster ghost brothers of darkland county

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Brian probably has a better idea than I do, but I think I had said somewhere else on the board that we're still waiting on our copies from the publisher and we are not sure when they will arrive. We do have a handful of copies for urgent orders like gifts and what not.
    Yep, so email Mindy if your order is urgent!
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      No problem, just email Mindy to cancel your order!

      For anyone else who is on the fence, here is the description of the DVD:

      "DVD will feature interview footage with Stephen, John and T Bone plus footage of John recording the show-closing song Truth."

      So it doesn't sound like there's ANY show footage, I guess, which is a bummer.

      Brian
      Thanks for the reply. I read the description and I truly thought the show was part of the $50 order. I placed my order to take advantage of a great (awesome) discount from you folks. I think with the discount this order will actually be $8-9 (depending on how you look at it) however this is not worth that price to me. I will contact Mindy. Again, I appreciated the reply.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

      Comment


        #63
        FYI just emailed Mindy to cancel my order. Thanks for the offer but without the show this isn't for me.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
          Thanks for the reply. I read the description and I truly thought the show was part of the $50 order. I placed my order to take advantage of a great (awesome) discount from you folks. I think with the discount this order will actually be $8-9 (depending on how you look at it) however this is not worth that price to me. I will contact Mindy. Again, I appreciated the reply.
          Watched the DVD last night. The DVD is definitely not worth it and its not even really interview footage...it is but its so short and is basically what you've seen on Letterman or anywhere else already. I'm interested in reading the Libretto and listening to the music when needed someday though. Would have been nice to have the show or at least clips of it which I expected as well but I still think it is a great item to have for my collection. and for $9 you can't go wrong.

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            and for $9 you can't go wrong.
            Not for me. For a musical to have meaning to me I would like to see it first. I'm just really shocked that the show wasn't included in this. Naive or not I just really thought that I was getting the show.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

            Comment


              #66
              I've debated about this since finding out about it not having any footage. I listened to Phantom and Les Mis a lot before seeing the live performances so I knew what was going on during the performance. I don't know if I'll ever see a performance but I figure if I listen and read this I'll enjoy the performance better. Just my two cheap cents.

              Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
              Not for me. For a musical to have meaning to me I would like to see it first. I'm just really shocked that the show wasn't included in this. Naive or not I just really thought that I was getting the show.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                I've debated about this since finding out about it not having any footage. I listened to Phantom and Les Mis a lot before seeing the live performances so I knew what was going on during the performance. I don't know if I'll ever see a performance but I figure if I listen and read this I'll enjoy the performance better. Just my two cheap cents.
                That is funny that you brought those two up. That is the reason I do not want to buy this. My wife had me listening to both of those way before I ever saw the shows and I hated the CD's (and tapes. LOL!). Once I actually watched the performances I was in love. I really want to see the show, appreciate the story, and become attached to the characters before I invest in paraphernalia from the show.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Paraphernalia really is all it is but from a collectors standpoint I really like having it. For the average person or casual reader I would say don't bother.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    Paraphernalia really is all it is but from a collectors standpoint I really like having it. For the average person or casual reader I would say don't bother.
                    I'm an SK collector but somehow just felt like I could pass on this. Thanks to the CD staff for making this an easy process. Hated to do this but it just wasnt for me.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                      I'm an SK collector but somehow just felt like I could pass on this.
                      Me too. I'm not that interested in it.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Has anyone who ordered from CD received their copies yet?

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                          Has anyone who ordered from CD received their copies yet?
                          Not yet...

                          Comment


                            #73
                            If you haven't received your shipping confirmation email already, drop me a line and I'll check on your order! We had some trouble with the system on this product and your order might be "stuck." My email is brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com -- thanks!
                            Brian James Freeman
                            brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                            Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
                            Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
                            LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Mine came last Wednesday I think.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I never got a shipping confirmation email so I forwarded the order conf to Brian, mine is probably a 'stuck' one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X