Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subie09lega
    replied
    I've debated about this since finding out about it not having any footage. I listened to Phantom and Les Mis a lot before seeing the live performances so I knew what was going on during the performance. I don't know if I'll ever see a performance but I figure if I listen and read this I'll enjoy the performance better. Just my two cheap cents.

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
    Not for me. For a musical to have meaning to me I would like to see it first. I'm just really shocked that the show wasn't included in this. Naive or not I just really thought that I was getting the show.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    and for $9 you can't go wrong.
    Not for me. For a musical to have meaning to me I would like to see it first. I'm just really shocked that the show wasn't included in this. Naive or not I just really thought that I was getting the show.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. I read the description and I truly thought the show was part of the $50 order. I placed my order to take advantage of a great (awesome) discount from you folks. I think with the discount this order will actually be $8-9 (depending on how you look at it) however this is not worth that price to me. I will contact Mindy. Again, I appreciated the reply.
    Watched the DVD last night. The DVD is definitely not worth it and its not even really interview footage...it is but its so short and is basically what you've seen on Letterman or anywhere else already. I'm interested in reading the Libretto and listening to the music when needed someday though. Would have been nice to have the show or at least clips of it which I expected as well but I still think it is a great item to have for my collection. and for $9 you can't go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    FYI just emailed Mindy to cancel my order. Thanks for the offer but without the show this isn't for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    No problem, just email Mindy to cancel your order!

For anyone else who is on the fence, here is the description of the DVD:

"DVD will feature interview footage with Stephen, John and T Bone plus footage of John recording the show-closing song Truth."

So it doesn't sound like there's ANY show footage, I guess, which is a bummer.

Brian
    Thanks for the reply. I read the description and I truly thought the show was part of the $50 order. I placed my order to take advantage of a great (awesome) discount from you folks. I think with the discount this order will actually be $8-9 (depending on how you look at it) however this is not worth that price to me. I will contact Mindy. Again, I appreciated the reply.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Brian probably has a better idea than I do, but I think I had said somewhere else on the board that we're still waiting on our copies from the publisher and we are not sure when they will arrive. We do have a handful of copies for urgent orders like gifts and what not.
    Yep, so email Mindy if your order is urgent!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    Hey Brian, any idea when these will ship from CD?
    Brian probably has a better idea than I do, but I think I had said somewhere else on the board that we're still waiting on our copies from the publisher and we are not sure when they will arrive. We do have a handful of copies for urgent orders like gifts and what not.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Hey Brian, any idea when these will ship from CD?

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    "DVD will feature interview footage with Stephen, John and T Bone plus footage of John recording the show-closing song Truth."
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    I also ordered this from CD. I'm a bit (highly) disappointed to find out that the DVD does not contain the actual show. I guess I should ask more questions before buying. BTW when do you think this package will ship and is it to late to cancel my order? Listening to a musical CD for a show I haven't seen (and probably will not) does not sound very appealing to me.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I also ordered this from CD. I'm a bit (highly) disappointed to find out that the DVD does not contain the actual show. I guess I should ask more questions before buying. BTW when do you think this package will ship and is it to late to cancel my order? Listening to a musical CD for a show I haven't seen (and probably will not) does not sound very appealing to me.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I agree with BW on the CD/DVD packaging now. I like the idea and it looks fantastic. The slipcase it great too but the book should have been hardcover. with the weird softcover it has the discs do not stay in place properly. I am still happy with it though.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by mdn822 View Post
    Hello - new member here. I've ordered the Darkland package from CD. In case anyone was planning on going to one of the stage productions.....I would highly recommend it! I was lucky enough to see the original play in Atlanta last year. (From Indiana, but big Braves fans & the play opening was happily (yay!) at the same time as the opening season series My husband & I both enjoyed it a LOT! The set was fabulous. The story was definitely King and the music was definitely Mellencamp! Plan to see the new production at one of the Indiana venues this October.
    Cool....and WELCOME. Hope you join the party often. If you have a collection please share. We love to look at books here..

Leave a comment:

• mdn822
    replied
    Hello - new member here. I've ordered the Darkland package from CD. In case anyone was planning on going to one of the stage productions.....I would highly recommend it! I was lucky enough to see the original play in Atlanta last year. (From Indiana, but big Braves fans & the play opening was happily (yay!) at the same time as the opening season series My husband & I both enjoyed it a LOT! The set was fabulous. The story was definitely King and the music was definitely Mellencamp! Plan to see the new production at one of the Indiana venues this October.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Purchased mine through CD, not sure when they will get, and send out their copies.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Got mine coming from Overlook Connection. It'll be here next week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X