Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King novel most in need of a signed limited edition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ahh but those already exist, published by Donal M. Grant Publications.
    Oooohhh..... I didn't know that.... good to know thanks
    "Light the fire, feast
    Chase the ghost, give in
    Take the road less traveled by
    Leave the city of fools
    Turn every poet loose" ~ Nightwish - 7 Days To The Wolves ~

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Flagg View Post
      The Long Walk. My favorite "Bachman" book.
      Good one. Wonder how The Major would look or how the walkers look when they buy a ticket!

Comment

Why not go the whole way with a limited "Full Collection of the Work of Stephen King", all the work in a number of books the size of "Knowing Darkness". Between 2 and 4 novels could be combined into a volume, short stories combined, novellas also combined and the Dark Tower into a set of 2 or 3 volumes. Existing artwork could be re-used and new work for titles that have no artwork.
        It would need to be spread over a number of years to spread the cost.

Drain 74

Comment

I spent the last several days painting the interiors of my house and listened to several audio books while I worked. It had been a while since I listened to Blood and Smoke. Listening the the three stories got me thinking about a limited edition book with several illustrations for each story. The stories in the smoking trilogy are '1408', 'In The Deathroom' and 'Lunch at the Gotham Cafe'. If you wanted a foursome you could add a little of the devils smoke with 'The Man in the Black Suit'. That is a book I would love to have on my shelf!

Comment

Pet semetary

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
              A heavilly illustrated IT would be dang cool... I just re-read It (since I last read it in my early teens) and I had a nostalgia filled good time doing so too.
              Isn't there a German limited? And if so, what exactly will the new "IT" limited by CD be called? The first English language edition? The first American limited edition?

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                ...., what exactly will the new "IT" limited by CD be called? The first English language edition? The first American limited edition?
                I'm going with the "Big BadAss Illustrated Signed Limited The Way It Should Be" edition.

Comment

I'm partial to his early works. SLEs of The Shining, The Dead Zone, The Stand ('78 not '90 version), Salem's Lot, Cujo, Christine, Firestarter or Pet Semetery would be ok by me.

Some of these have already been done, I realize, but I don't have them...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    I'm going with the "Big BadAss Illustrated Signed Limited The Way It Should Be" edition.
                    LOL that works for me, but I'm wondering if the book's value is diminished since there was already a limited done?? I would think so unfortunately.

Comment

Isn't there a German limited?

Comment

I'm not really sure the value would be diminished as the CD version of It seems to be the first in the US (that I know of) and it called the It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition, while the German version wouldn't be the 25th Anniversary edition. Not to mention all the added art and the afterward by King.

But then again, I could always be wrong about the value, but I know I'll love it.
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                          I'm not really sure the value would be diminished as the CD version of It seems to be the first in the US (that I know of) and it called the It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition, while the German version wouldn't be the 25th Anniversary edition. Not to mention all the added art and the afterward by King.

But then again, I could always be wrong about the value, but I know I'll love it.
                          That's right, never thought of that. It's like my anniversary edition of The Exorcist I bought long ago from Gauntlet Press. And I think the word "special" makes it different as well, and it truly is.

Comment

Pet Sematary... I've been saying this for years. I'd be willing to spend a pretty penny when/if it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Spearman View Post
                              Pet semetary
                              That would definitely be my choice. It's my favorite King novel.
                              Who knows, he decided to do "IT" again, so why not Pet Semetary also??

Comment

Who knows, he decided to do "IT" again, so why not Pet Semetary also??
                                I don't think it was King's idea to do an IT limited. He doesn't really care for limiteds nor collectors - even boycotted a limited The Shining.
                                I think the crediit here goes to CD.

Thanks, CD!

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X