Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teriw
    replied
    You may only be alone because I have only read one of your choices. On Writing, and it certainly is one of my favorites. I enjoyed learning his opinion on certain things, especially his hate for adverbs which I have noticed he uses more often than I am sure he would ever admit. Some of them even so horribly used that even I wouldnt have used them and I don't even speak right. See? I also loved hearing the stories he told from when he was younger. Fantastic book.

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    The Cheese stands alone. On 4 of my choices! hahaha. This was very hard, there were so many just right there. And like someone else mentioned, tomorrow, I could think something totally different. Ah, fickle.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I'd say read it next as well/ It started off slow for me, but didn't stay that way and I ended up loving it.

I'm going to wait until I read a few more before voting on this right now, but I already know Lisey's Story will be in my top 5.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    1. Read it next...

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I've had lisey's story for YEARS and still have not read it. I have two copies and one on my ereader. still haven't. If 5 or more people say read it next, I will...

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Without having read The Wind Through the Keyhole yet -Stand (original), Salem's Lot, Pet Semetery, Christine, Different Seasons

B.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Lisey's Story is one of King's best ever.
    I think I've read somewhere it's King's favorite of his works.
    And so many people absolutely hate it!

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I'm noticing a lot of love for Salem's Lot and Lisey's Story. Good choices!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I just notice, 14 voters in and no love for "Different Seasons" yet. This is some of King's best writing, but I'm sure most of us have it around 7th or 8th in his total body of work, keeping it off the poll so far.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Ahhh, I see.

Yeah, I've done it in some of my posts before!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    It was easy. When I hit "reply with quote" the last part of your message popped up and then I remembered having seen someone on this board use that technique before!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Very perceptive you are.

Well, I've got too much on my TBR list anyway.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    I'm betting Squire will say I'm better off having not read the uncut version.
    Well....I wouldn't waste my time with it!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Yeah, my favorites change from time to time. I still have to read 11/22/63. And I've never read the uncut version of The Stand.

I'm betting Squire will say I'm better off having not read the uncut version.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    I still might change them if i can, it was a spur of the moment decision!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X