Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did, Squire. Thank alot, hoss.

Comment

Once I realized you were on this forum, I've had the day marked on my calendar. Nearly 3 months!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ron, just wanted to drop by and say that I recently went on a Ronald Kelly binge. I hit up Fear, Possession, and Father's Little Helper a week or two ago and really enjoyed all of them. I live just down the road from the Brentwood/Franklin area and it was cool reading a book set somewhere I have spent so much time. Location aside, I really enjoyed all of them a great deal. I found myself yelling at the police in Father's Little Helper. It seemed like every time they had Sonny cornered they let him slip away. Frustrating, but it made for great reading. Do any of your other books venture further into Fear County?
        Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I'm glad you're enjoying your tour of my Southern-fried fiction, gsconquest (but then you're a home boy... we only live sixty miles from one another!)

To answer your question, my novella "The Seedling" delves into Fear County territory a little, showing what horrors might develop in our world if the darkness of Fear County invaded our every day lives. You can read it in the Thunderstorm edition of Essential Volume #2 or the e-book just released by Crossroad Press.

I am seriously considering writing a sequel to FEAR, in which Jeb's granddaughter travels into the heart of Fear County and Jeb (now an old man) and Hot Pappy (the mojo-man character in "The Seedling") brave the terrors across the borders to rescue her. I may tackle that... if I can ever finish A DARK & BLOODY GROUND.

Comment

It's been a month and a half, ROn. How's life treating you? How were your holidays? What's your latest endeavor? How are you coming on all the others?
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hey Squire! We had a wonderful Christmas, although it still looks like a Toys R Us exploded inside our house. I've been a little under the weather physically. Still got some aches and pains from that dadblamed hernia surgery, plus I've been suffering from diverticulitis, which hasn't been too fun. I reckon Ol' Ron's just getting old. lol! Frankly, pain tends to douse the flame of creativity in me, so I haven't been writing much during the past couple of months.

My latest endeavor is pretty much catching up on all the other endeavors I've had on the backburner for awhile. I'm working on the manuscript for the Essentials #3, THE DARK'UN, plus the novella, which should have been turned in around the first of November. The next edition will be coming out about four months late, but don't blame Paul at TB, cause it's my fault that the schedule is lagging behind. Also, I'm planning on getting back to work on A DARK & BLOODY GROUND again soon. Believe it or not, I got within five chapters of having it finished and found that some key elements of the plot simply didn't work for me. So I've decided to retool it and make it the novel that both you and I would want to read.

Plus, I'm still remarquing and shipping copies of UM and Fear (I apologize to those who haven't recieved their copies yet, but it's been more time-consuming than I thought it would be).

Comment

Good to hear from you, Ron. Take care of yourself and retool anything you need to in AD&B Ground, I haven't been this excited about a book in a long time! KansasCity has had zero snow this year! If this keeps up, I'm blowing this place! 60 degrees on Christmas Day???? If I wanted that I would have stayed in California!!Sheesh....
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

RK,
                  Just picked up a really nice copy of Blood Kin. Added it to my list of endeavors. I'm being lazy here, is Blood Kin out in Hardback? Have a great New Year and lots of luck with your upcoming projects.
                  MDH

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    RK,
                    Just picked up a really nice copy of Blood Kin. Added it to my list of endeavors. I'm being lazy here, is Blood Kin out in Hardback? Have a great New Year and lots of luck with your upcoming projects.
                    MDH
                    BLOOD KIN will be Book #8 (the last volume) in the Essential Ronald Kelly Collection from Thunderstorm Books. You'll probably see it in print in late 2013, if all goes well.

I hope you have a great new year, too, MDH.

Comment

And I picked up a copy of Hell Hollow yesterday. Looking forward to it. I'll bounce over to Thunderstorm see whats, what.
                      Take care
                      MDH

Comment

Ron,

Your adoring fans are jammin' up you mailbox again!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It's been a while Ron and I know you're dealing with heavy family issues at this time, but just a note to ask you how everything is going; you're still in our thoughts and prayers--hope some of that positive energy is making it's way to you in Tennesseee.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Dito what Squire said. Also you must be getting a bit nervous with your daughters trip in less then a week.Hope all is well as can be.

Comment

+3! Sending you and your family good vibes.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                              X