Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Speaking of NEMESIS...

nemesis page.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Ha, that's great to hear! I promise, everything will be resolved in NEMESIS :-)

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear that there was some resolution. I tend to get a bit LOST-y with my secrets, but all will soon be revealed with NEMESIS.
    There are of course, still other things I look forward to finding out, but that one was the biggest thing that stuck in my mind since reading Turtle Boy. Even though I didn't read the books all in a row (mainly because I didn't have them all, so had to read other stuff in between), but that one thing stuck with me through all the books so I was glad for a resolution (would have been glad even if I'd been wrong, lol)

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
    After reading Turtle Boy, I sent a long email to KPB with tons of questions. His response was that of a "knowing smile" ... full of non-answers!
    No comment

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Finished reading the 4 books out so far (finished the last one in late-December) and am definitely looking forward to the last one whenever that is finished and is released. I'm not sure which would be my favorite as I've enjoyed them all. Probably would be between The Turtle Boy and Vessels. The Turtle Boy because it was the start of the whole thing and the first book of Kealan's I read as well as loving the story. It raised some questions regarding certain events (particularly involving Timmy's father), and the main thing I had been thinking all along was resolved in Vessels (and confirmed my suspicions). That's not why Vessels is one of the favorites, but it helped, lol. That would just be loving the story
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear that there was some resolution. I tend to get a bit LOST-y with my secrets, but all will soon be revealed with NEMESIS.

Leave a comment:

• Antmusic
    replied
    After reading Turtle Boy, I sent a long email to KPB with tons of questions. His response was that of a "knowing smile" ... full of non-answers!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Finished reading the 4 books out so far (finished the last one in late-December) and am definitely looking forward to the last one whenever that is finished and is released. I'm not sure which would be my favorite as I've enjoyed them all. Probably would be between The Turtle Boy and Vessels. The Turtle Boy because it was the start of the whole thing and the first book of Kealan's I read as well as loving the story. It raised some questions regarding certain events (particularly involving Timmy's father), and the main thing I had been thinking all along was resolved in Vessels (and confirmed my suspicions). That's not why Vessels is one of the favorites, but it helped, lol. That would just be loving the story

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Thanks Martin! I hope you enjoy VESSELS. It happens to be my favorite of the books.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I am very happy to say I was able to pick up a copy of Vessel's. I will read that one soon and then I will be caught up and ready for Nemesis when it comes out. I agree that they can be read out of order, I read them in a
    jumbled order The Hides, Peregrine's Tale, Turtle Boy and soon Vessel's. They tie together well but each stands on it's own.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Oh, and for those of you signed up to my newsletter, there will be some news regarding the fifth and final book in the series, NEMESIS...

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    RJK: Yep, PEREGRINE'S TALE can be read out of order. They all can, really, though it's better to read them in sequence.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Here's a link for a cheap copy of THE HIDES

Kealan
    That seems to be a very good price! And the book seems to be in good condition as well, from the description.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Yeah, seen The Turtle Boy go for pretty high prices more than once and see it up for crazy prices still on eBay. I got lucky and won a copy for 18.50 back in April. A lot better than the $99+ I often see copies listed for. Sorta like getting a copy of Bad News for $139 instead of the $400-500 I usually see it listed for (The Turtle Boy was much more affordable though of course).

I might have to see about getting that copy of The Hides, though probably not until next month, if it's still available. If not that's ok, I know where else I can get a reasonable price on it.

And yeah, I figured Vessels would work as a stand-alone, but still want to wait. I read Peregrine's Tale after The Turtle Boy, but only after reading the intro and seeing that it would work fine in that order.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    A few of them are still out there for ridiculous prices (like THE TURTLE BOY). I know, because I try to get extra copies for my own collection, which over the years has been whittled away almost to nothing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X