X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Received my copy of Stage Whispers today. This is a beautiful book and I am thrilled to have the complete Timmy Quinn story in a single volume. I will read the introduction tonight but it will be about two weeks before I can get to the story.
    Thanks for picking up a copy, Martin!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received my copy of Stage Whispers today. This is a beautiful book and I am thrilled to have the complete Timmy Quinn story in a single volume. I will read the introduction tonight but it will be about two weeks before I can get to the story.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Well if I was able to afford it I would likely do their book of the month club as a lot of their books look very good and I'd only need to purchase one book in each month at a discount. If I had the money for it I'd probably e-mail Paul and ask if there was any way I could get that discount on the book since the BOTM stuff appeared the day after I bought Nemesis. Given their customer service I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do something to help me out.
    RJK: I just got this from Paul at Thunderstorm, who read your comments:

"I saw on your message board some customer feedback. [For the] sales that occurred before I got the "BOTM" up...those customers are welcome to contact me and I'll take care of them if they are interested in the club."

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I wouldn't either!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Yeah, it's a cool idea, but much like CD's own book club, it's something that's likely to only appeal to die-hard fans of the press.
    Well if I was able to afford it I would likely do their book of the month club as a lot of their books look very good and I'd only need to purchase one book in each month at a discount. If I had the money for it I'd probably e-mail Paul and ask if there was any way I could get that discount on the book since the BOTM stuff appeared the day after I bought Nemesis. Given their customer service I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do something to help me out.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    And for a bit of insight into the creation of the books, Blu Gilliand is running a series of in-depth interviews with me about each one. You can read the first three at the following links:

THE TURTLE BOY
    THE HIDES
    VESSELS

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I am going to do that. I read the other tales out of sequence starting with The Hides back when it first came out. I need to finish this story right and read it from beginning to end.
    Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Yeah, BOTM is pretty cool. I already had my copy ordered before seeing that pop up, but I can't do the BOTM anyway so it's ok.
    Yeah, it's a cool idea, but much like CD's own book club, it's something that's likely to only appeal to die-hard fans of the press.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I am going to do that. I read the other tales out of sequence starting with The Hides back when it first came out. I need to finish this story right and read it from beginning to end.
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Yeah, BOTM is pretty cool. I already had my copy ordered before seeing that pop up, but I can't do the BOTM anyway so it's ok.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by JDar. View Post
    lol I found the BOTM discount on Saturday when I sent Paul a Thank You note. Would you believe 2 days to go from AZ to MI using media mail? I ordered NEMESIS and two other books early Thursday, Paul had them packed and at the PO that afternoon.

Talk about customer service. Thanks again Paul.
    I don't think he's using the post office at all. I think he's using a teleportation device.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by JDar. View Post

This brought back memories of another GREAT series, POISONING EROS. For years I "bugged" Wrath James White and Monica J. O'Rourke to complete their sequel. It finally was released as a deluxe limited edition that I could not afford . . . . by the time I realized that there were no plans for a PB, the HC was sold out. (Thanks to Tom & Billie Moran/Sideshow Press for finding a copy for me. )

Talk about luck and GREAT timing, I found a new/unread copy of THE TURTLE BOY for a nice price. So now I plan to read the four main stories back-to-back. I'm anxious to go swimming again.

. . . . looks like it's curtains for Timmy.

Jan
    That's terrific Jan! THE TURTLE BOY has always been tough to find at a reasonable price!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Well I received my copy of Nemesis, having the book in hand three days after placing the initial order is a record for me. It will be a few weeks before I am able to begin reading it. I should have a copy of Stage Whispers soon as well. Now I have to decide if I am going to read Nemesis or read the entire saga as a single story.
    Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Kin is such a good story.
    Thanks Martin!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Yeah, the BOTM offer is awesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...