X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    Ghost Story is a novel I am ashamed to admit I have not read, especially as a fan of the horror genre. My first Straub read was If You Could See Me Now. That is a really good one too!

I am enjoying my first Lansdale novel right now - compliments of a Goodreads win of The Thicket ARC.
    First Lansdale?! Oh my, are you in for a treat.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Never read it before, but started reading it a couple of days ago and am enjoying it so far! Didn't read any of it yesterday though as I was riding in a vehicle for hours coming home, so was reading on my Kindle and was too tired to concentrate on books in the later hours of the evening when I had more time to do some reading, and not sure how time I will have for reading for a bit as I now get to start the process of moving.
    One of my favorite Matheson stories, right behind I AM LEGEND.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
    I need to keep this book in mind. You are the second author (I've heard) saying positive things about this book.
    I was blown away by it.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I read Ghost Story for the first time at the beginning of this year and was nothing but impressed by it, Just finished Mystery Walk and liked it a lot, of McCammon's work, I will probably try Usher's Passing Next What did you think of In Cold Blood Mr Burke?

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Yeah, it's a wonderful read so far. Was a time when I read Straub's work religiously. For some reason that changed over the past few years--which makes little sense, as Ghost Story is my favorite horror novel, bar none--but now I'm kicking myself for forgetting just how damn good he is. But on the plus side, I have a backlog of his work to enjoy.
    Ghost Story is a novel I am ashamed to admit I have not read, especially as a fan of the horror genre. My first Straub read was If You Could See Me Now. That is a really good one too!

I am enjoying my first Lansdale novel right now - compliments of a Goodreads win of The Thicket ARC.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Have you read HELL HOUSE? One of my favorites.
    Never read it before, but started reading it a couple of days ago and am enjoying it so far! Didn't read any of it yesterday though as I was riding in a vehicle for hours coming home, so was reading on my Kindle and was too tired to concentrate on books in the later hours of the evening when I had more time to do some reading, and not sure how time I will have for reading for a bit as I now get to start the process of moving.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I need to keep this book in mind. You are the second author (I've heard) saying positive things about this book.

Reading WESTLAKE SOUL by my pal Rio Youers, and loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Reading WESTLAKE SOUL by my pal Rio Youers, and loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Reading Ex-Communication by Peter Clines and very soon will start Seed by Rob Ziegler.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    Would ya settle for "well regarded and moderately successful"?
    That will do nicely!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Highbury: Obviously he was referring to the master of the genre, the multi-award winning bestseller.

So yes, me.

(I friggin' wish.)
    Would ya settle for "well regarded and moderately successful"?

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I just dug out my box of Straub, and intend to keep it on top as I rearrange. I have a lot of catching up to do, too. Ghost Story is in my top 10 books ever.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Love that book!
    Yeah, it's a wonderful read so far. Was a time when I read Straub's work religiously. For some reason that changed over the past few years--which makes little sense, as Ghost Story is my favorite horror novel, bar none--but now I'm kicking myself for forgetting just how damn good he is. But on the plus side, I have a backlog of his work to enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Love that book!
    Currently reading: lost boy lost girl by Peter Straub.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Currently reading: lost boy lost girl by Peter Straub.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X