X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit - haven't read the book though.
    I hated the movie, which is why I'm afraid to pick up the book. Well, maybe hate is too strong a word, but I just couldn't get into it really...

Although there hasn't been a King book I haven't liked so... And lets be honest, not many King movies have done the books justice.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    I loved the first half of DREAMCATCHER. The second half...not so much.
    I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit - haven't read the book though.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I have heard lots of stuff about that one -from being weird, different, and mostly disturbing. It is on my to be read list. I'm curious as to your thoughts on it.
    It's an odd one, that's for sure, but so far, the oddness of it ties in nicely with the story. We'll see...

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I loved the first half of DREAMCATCHER. The second half...not so much.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Can't decide on what to read next... Torn between Book of Horrors or Dreamcatcher...

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Superb. Now 40 pages into House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski.
    I have heard lots of stuff about that one -from being weird, different, and mostly disturbing. It is on my to be read list. I'm curious as to your thoughts on it.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Superb. Now 40 pages into House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Just finished my first Lansdale; The Thicket. Fantastic western!

Onto a zombie anthology - Appalachian Undead!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Also, just responded to your PM here (which I only just realized was there.)

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Thanks. I will keep my eyes open on those.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    And boy am I enjoying it! I am tearing through it, at least in terms of how I usually read. I consider myself very lucky and happy I got the chance to read this one - as an ARC giveaway win. I will definitely be looking for more of his work - any suggestions?
    The Bottoms. The Big Blow. And while I haven't read enough of them to really recommend them, people seem to love his Hap & Leonard novels.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    First Lansdale?! Oh my, are you in for a treat.
    And boy am I enjoying it! I am tearing through it, at least in terms of how I usually read. I consider myself very lucky and happy I got the chance to read this one - as an ARC giveaway win. I will definitely be looking for more of his work - any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Still haven't read this one but loved her other work. If the reviews are accurate you are in for a great read.

I'm reading Gone Girl now.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I'm reading Gone Girl now.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    I read Ghost Story for the first time at the beginning of this year and was nothing but impressed by it, Just finished Mystery Walk and liked it a lot, of McCammon's work, I will probably try Usher's Passing Next What did you think of In Cold Blood Mr Burke?
    Loved it. Easy to see why it made such an impact when it was released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X