PAPERBACK EDITIONS OF KIN & OTHERS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Yeah, CD is good for that. I have discovered and become a fan of a lot of authors through Cemetery Dance, andit all started with King's Blockade Billy. My second purchase was either Simon Clark's King Blood (which was gutsy since I had never even heard of him before, lol) or Blatty's Exorcist/Legion book. Dicovered Brian Keene through my first grab bag.

I discovered Burke through CD as well, though I didn't read a CD title of his first, found a good deal on a Turtle Boy HC. I still don't know how I got that lucky, don't think it was an eBay swipe, though it was from there.
    I think it's easier nowadays to get a copy of TTB. I just won a copy on eBay for about $15. A few years ago, I'd have been lucky to get one for ten times that. I think digital availability has affected the second hand value of the titles. Makes me feel bad for the collectors, but honestly I just want people to be able to read the books.
    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
      I think it's easier nowadays to get a copy of TTB. I just won a copy on eBay for about $15. A few years ago, I'd have been lucky to get one for ten times that. I think digital availability has affected the second hand value of the titles. Makes me feel bad for the collectors, but honestly I just want people to be able to read the books.
      I would agree, plus with the down economy prices likely dropped a lot. I don't remember right now what I got Turle Boy for, but I think it was around that, maybe even less. The cheapest I'd seen for that at the time was around $65-70, closer to $100 for one in new condition.

I am a collector, but I got into the game late, so a lot of what I have gotten has been for pretty cheap. I'm also not a hard core collector as I will read most of my signed limited editions. I will never read my limited edition of the the 25th anniversary edition of It that CD did. I do plan to read my copy of the gift edition though
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        I would agree, plus with the down economy prices likely dropped a lot. I don't remember right now what I got Turle Boy for, but I think it was around that, maybe even less. The cheapest I'd seen for that at the time was around $65-70, closer to $100 for one in new condition.

I am a collector, but I got into the game late, so a lot of what I have gotten has been for pretty cheap. I'm also not a hard core collector as I will read most of my signed limited editions. I will never read my limited edition of the the 25th anniversary edition of It that CD did. I do plan to read my copy of the gift edition though
        I know what you mean. I'll buy signed limiteds, but I read them all, which devalues them immediately, but that's fine by me. I don't buy books with the intent to resell them.

Comment

I buy limited editions for the stories and the production quality. I do not buy a book I would be unwilling to read. I am careful with my books no matter the edition because I want them to continue to look good and to last. Much to my wife's chagrin I have no interest in selling my books.
          Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
          I know what you mean. I'll buy signed limiteds, but I read them all, which devalues them immediately, but that's fine by me. I don't buy books with the intent to resell them.

Comment

barnes & Noble does not have them either. I guess I will be watching for your newsletter.
            Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Well, as of now Powell's does not have your paperbacks. They did have a limited edition of Currency of Soul's for $25.00 that I almost bought. Ended up passing due to book condition. I would rather pick up a paperback then a beat up limited.

Comment

barnes & Noble does not have them either. I guess I will be watching for your newsletter.
              Yeah, I'm starting to realize that "expanded distribution" must refer to online merchants and not brick-and-mortar stores, which does not thrill me.

Comment

I buy limited editions for the stories and the production quality. I do not buy a book I would be unwilling to read. I am careful with my books no matter the edition because I want them to continue to look good and to last. Much to my wife's chagrin I have no interest in selling my books.
                That's how I am too, which is part of the reason I am not a fan of the mass market books, especially paperbacks. I did buy a signed edition of the IT 25th anniv. from CD that I will never read though. Not when I have the gift edition of that as well.
                Spoiler!

Comment

I read my gift edition of It and left my S/L/N one alone in its traycase. More and more I find myself buying s/l editions of books, then when I decide to read them, go out an buy a paperback version. I did this with Under the Dome and most recently American Psycho.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I open up the trycase and look at my signed edition of IT, but that is about it. I haven't read my Gift edition yet, but I do plan to.
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Guess what? I just ordered the pb edition of the complete Timmy Quinn from amazon. Only $12.99. This is all the novellas. Does not include The Death of Timmy Quinn.
                      So if anyone is looking for an inexpensive reading copy they are out there now. Also amazon still has The Turtle Boy for free.

Comment

Hmmm....

I only found the Kindle edition on amazon and the nook on B&N.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hum Did you look up Stage Whispers the collected Timmy Quinn? I just looked and it is listed under his pb books.

Comment

Found it. For some reason, I couldn't get the paperback edition to show last night at work...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Cool.Very good price. I down loaded The Turtle boy for free since I preordered the new Bryan Smith and another book this will not ship till March. Yes I am cheep now that I spent all my money last week and I went with free shipping.

Comment

Thank you sir, I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                                X