X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Yeah, spent some time in England myself during college. Still lots of young people going over there to start a new life. I've always wanted to visit Ireland myself. Hope to do that one of these days.
    I advise everyone to visit Ireland at least once. It's a great place for a break from the hectic life.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Yeah, spent some time in England myself during college. Still lots of young people going over there to start a new life. I've always wanted to visit Ireland myself. Hope to do that one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    No problem. I was born here, but moved to the US when I was really young, before school. Then after high school my mom moved back to Poland to be with her parents so I came down here for college. Then I ended up getting married, settling down, and the rest is history. Although I really would like to bring the wife and the little guy over to the US, if I could secure a good job first that is.
    Wow, that's great Pete! There has been a huge influx of Polish immigrants into Ireland over the past ten years. Last time I went home, I had the chance to meet some of them. Lovely people; very friendly.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Sounds great, Pete! What brought you to Poland, if you don't mind my asking?
    No problem. I was born here, but moved to the US when I was really young, before school. Then after high school my mom moved back to Poland to be with her parents so I came down here for college. Then I ended up getting married, settling down, and the rest is history. Although I really would like to bring the wife and the little guy over to the US, if I could secure a good job first that is.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Be sure to let me know if you come this way, and make sure to pick Krakow and not Warsaw! I'll even give you a personal tour if you like.
    Sounds great, Pete! What brought you to Poland, if you don't mind my asking?

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Be sure to let me know if you come this way, and make sure to pick Krakow and not Warsaw! I'll even give you a personal tour if you like.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Nice! Keeping my fingers crossed for that then!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Pete: As the work seems to be growing in popularity over there, and as a trip home to Ireland is on the cards anyway, I wouldn't rule out a trip to Poland sometime in the near future. It's a short hope from Ireland to there.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Hi Pete: Still in the US. The cake was done by a friend of my girlfriend's, who bakes crazy cakes as a hobby! It does look as if most of my books will be available in Polish editions eventually though. I assume that's where you are?
    Yeah, moved here from NJ, living in Krakow at the moment. I don't read in Polish but I'll be sure to grab my brother in law a copy.

For a minute I was hopeful there that you might have gone on a European tour or something along those lines. Not many authors come down this way...

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    http://www.proszynski.pl/Bar_dla_pot...-p-30979-.html

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    So are you in Poland now by any chance? Or was it just from a fan?
    Hi Pete: Still in the US. The cake was done by a friend of my girlfriend's, who bakes crazy cakes as a hobby! It does look as if most of my books will be available in Polish editions eventually though. I assume that's where you are?

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    So are you in Poland now by any chance? Or was it just from a fan?

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Just noticed, that other cover (cake as well?) is in Polish!
    Yep, that's a smaller cake. It's the Polish edition of CURRENCY OF SOULS!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Just noticed, that other cover (cake as well?) is in Polish!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cool cake!
    +1. Very sharp looking cake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X