Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting my reread of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting my reread of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series....

Now that Branden Sanderson has finished the first draft of the LAST Wheel of Time book, I am starting over with the series for one final read through. I had stopped around book 7 years ago when I could not keep track of all of the characters DURING the wait between volumes. Also, considering I read a little slower than most people and I'll need to read a few non-WoT books along the way, it is possible, I'll die before I finish it, but I gotta try!!!!

Good Luck Brad! It's one of my favorite series, and it's wrapping up nicely. Also don't forget to read the prequel, it's not necessary to the story, but it's just a good read.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Good Luck Brad! It's one of my favorite series, and it's wrapping up nicely. Also don't forget to read the prequel, it's not necessary to the story, but it's just a good read.
      I have that, but just never got around to it.....I was lucky enough to meet him a few times before he died. He was such a quiet polite man.

Comment

I actually picked up Eye of the World when it first came out. I *think* it was 1990 or so. I'm glad I ordered a hardback from the local bookstore as they were not generally shipped to stores...only the trade was sent since they came out at the same time for the first few. I still have my unread first/first of the entire series. I had heard at one point that there were only 500 first printing hardbacks of Eye, but I've never been able to confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          I actually picked up Eye of the World when it first came out. I *think* it was 1990 or so. I'm glad I ordered a hardback from the local bookstore as they were not generally shipped to stores...only the trade was sent since they came out at the same time for the first few. I still have my unread first/first of the entire series. I had heard at one point that there were only 500 first printing hardbacks of Eye, but I've never been able to confirm that.
          That's a 500 dollar book unsigned. If it's signed, almost double.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            That's a 500 dollar book unsigned. If it's signed, almost double.
            It's signed, but back then, I was dumb enough to have it signed to me!!! I stopped making that mistake soon enough. For a few of his books, I asked him to his full name and he signed them something like (not at home now) Robert James Oliver DeReigby or something like that. There's like 5 or 6 names. Easily one of my favorite signatures in any of my books next to the copy of Bag Of Bones signed by "Stephen Edwin King"!!!!

Comment

I thought I was crazy, rereading the DT series for the fourth time. Good luck, Brad. Will you be forsaking all other reading until you finish?
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                I thought I was crazy, rereading the DT series for the fourth time. Good luck, Brad. Will you be forsaking all other reading until you finish?
                You probably don't want to know how many times I've re-read The Wheel of Time series, and I'm positive I'll re-read it again before the last book comes out. Granted after the first time through it's more of "skimming" or "speed reading", as I have a tendency to skip over the slow parts.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  I would love to think I could read a series that long straight through, but I will do one or two Wot books and then do one of something else.

Comment

Working...
                  X