No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one of my favorites. The Subterranean Press/PS Publishing version of The Martian Chronicles, The Complete Edition. This contains the original novel, all the other Mars stories, including quite a few that were unpublished, 2 screenplays that Bradbury wrote, and an essay about the writing of The Martian Chronicles. It's a beautiful, big book with 2 color printing throughout. It also has a curious history. This was original a project for Hill House Publishing, but then Hill House collapsed. Sub and PS joined forces to see the book through to publication. Bradbury had already signed the signature pages saying 1 of 1000 copies. The edition is actually 500 copies, but the publishers didn't want to make Bradbury sign everything all over again, so they used Hill House's pages.

BOOK4 013.jpgBOOK4 014.jpgBOOK4 015.jpg

(and ignore all the toys in the background)
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Here's the interior artwork from The Martian Chronicles. Artist is Edward Miller.

BOOK4 018.jpgBOOK4 019.jpgBOOK4 020.jpgBOOK4 021.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Hill House's "The Cat's Pajamas". This version of the book has 5 additional stories, not in the trade edition. I love the little window showing the cover artwork.

BOOK4 023.jpgBOOK4 024.jpgBOOK4 025.jpgBOOK4 026.jpg

Comment

Gauntlet Press, "Dawn to Dusk". This book consists of a couple of unpublished screenplays and a short story.

BOOK4 029.jpgBOOK4 030.jpg

Comment

Subterranean Press: "Where Everything Ends". This books collects Bradbury's 3 mystery novels. Not a limited edition, but a great collection of 3 great books.

BOOK4 031.jpgBOOK4 032.jpgBOOK4 033.jpg

Comment

Nice Bradburys (Bradburies?)!!! I don't know how I feel about a project originally planned at 1,000 copies, switched to 500, but the signature page unchanged.....kinda like a book signed by an author, inscribed to some one else. But to have an edition with all the extras (and great Miller art) is the real prize! Love The Halloween Tree!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Gauntlet Press: "Bullet Trick". Unpublished teleplays.

BOOK4 034.jpgBOOK4 035.jpgBOOK4 036.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  Nice Bradburys (Bradburies?)!!! I don't know how I feel about a project originally planned at 1,000 copies, switched to 500, but the signature page unchanged.....kinda like a book signed by an author, inscribed to some one else. But to have an edition with all the extras (and great Miller art) is the real prize! Love The Halloween Tree!
                  I had ordered this through Hill House before the implosion. As I waited and waited I feared we'd never see it. When Sub & PS picked it up I was happy just to see the book finally being released. I can handle the strange signature page for all that.

Comment

Gauntlet's "Match to Flame". This book collects various and sundry stories that came before Farenheit 451 that covered many of the same themes.

BOOK4 037.jpgBOOK4 038.jpg

Comment

The Special Edition of Farenheit 451 which was published for the Long Beach Public Library.

BOOK4 039.jpgBOOK4 040.jpg

Comment

This chapbook of "The Wish" (a story he wrote for his father, back in 1973) was issued by Hill House. It includes the story and an essay on how and why he wrote the story.

BOOK4 043.jpgBOOK4 044.jpgBOOK4 045.jpg

Comment

The Wish looks like a beautiful edition. Congratulations on it!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Here are the PS Publishing trade editions of Ray's Halloween books, "The Halloween Tree", "The October Country", and "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Not signed or limited, but a nice set. And it's the closest I have to a special edition of my favorite Bradbury book. (Something Wicked...)

BOOK4 047.jpgBOOK4 048.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              The Wish looks like a beautiful edition. Congratulations on it!
                              It is. And I don't know if you can tell, but the paper insert that protected his father's picture has a spider web motif imprinted in it.

Comment

It comes through very well in the picture, Terry. So you are to be commended for that, also. And that's a really nice looking set from PS. I played the old colonel in a reader's theater production of Dandelion Wine in college--I have a particular love for that book of Bradbury's.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X