PDA

View Full Version : Tasty Libation Thread!!!

Pages : [1] 2

srboone
11-30-2011, 08:48 PM
It has been requested, so here we go:

Every good book deserves to be downed with a delicious beverage of choice. During a marathon photoshoot, I consumed two Guiness Black Lagers, which I posted the empties for--well, one was empty (they were signed in fascimile, after all).

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?330-srboone-s-collection/page24

I like my beer thick, dark, and bitter (a most unpleasant combination in women, I've discovered:eek:). So here is my beverage of choice this week (I'm Two down already:o)

I'm still hacking my way through War&Peace, tho I did break for a couple of days to read The Back of Beyond ARC.

Let's see some of your tasty libations of choice!

peteOcha
12-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Silly me, forgot that I said I would make a thread for this. Oh well, those beverages must have gotten to me! :)

srboone
12-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Empties are just as good, Pete!

Dan Hocker
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I'll have to take a shot of one of my homemade beer's tonight (if I remember).

Dan Hocker
12-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Here's a picture of the very first beer I made. It's a deliciously hoppy amber ale.

srboone
12-02-2011, 01:00 AM
thaaaathssss aaawthuuuuummm, Dan. Bottums, up!

Ben Staad
12-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Looking good, Dan! How did it taste?

Dan Hocker
12-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Looking good, Dan! How did it taste?

Pretty good considering it was made mostly from a kit. I have 2 other different kinds of beer made and what called a "apfelwine" which is essentially a type of cider. I'll have to put some in the fridge and post some pictures another night.

peteOcha
12-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Apfelwine! Ja, sehr gut! :)

srboone
12-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Pics Pete, Pics. that's what this thread is about!;)

peteOcha
12-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Hmm, I know I took some last night, out on the town, but I kind of went a bit over the limit and it seems they were deleted. :)

srboone
12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Tonight's brew of choice.

A standard oatmeal stout, but the coffee gives it a full bodied taste that is slightly bitter. It's going down well with the flesh-eating zombies of Undead. I gave up coffee on 17 Aug (the first month was horrible), so this is my first taste of it in nearly 4 months.

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:20 AM
I just fell a little bit in love with Squire.

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:24 AM
A local Bay Area brew... Anchor Steam.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/19e71df7.jpg

(For the record, I will only post beer photos that I took myself.)

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Speakeasy is another... Here's Big Daddy.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/d73147f4.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:27 AM
This was a good one.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-BlackSheepAle.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Gordon Biersch is close to home, very popular, but not one of my personal favorites.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-GordonBiershPilsner.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Anderson Valley makes some great brews. I could drink their Boont Amber every day.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-BoontAmber.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:31 AM
For a summer or two, this was my go-to beer. Deschutes Brewery's Mirror Pond Pale Ale.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-DeschutesMirrorPond.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:33 AM
I bought Fat Weasel based solely on the name.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-FatWeaslePaleAle.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:34 AM
This one is from my hometown...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-SantaCruzMtn.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Lost Coast is a good brewery with fun labels.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-LostCoastGreatWhite.jpg

Patrick
12-10-2011, 12:36 AM
More from Lost Coast...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Beer/Beer-LostCoastIndicaIPA.jpg

Ok, that's ten beers I've posted. Someone else's turn now.

srboone
12-10-2011, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the posts, Patrick. I was beginning to feel a little lonely in this thread. It's only every so often that I go out in search of a brew, so I wasn't expecting a mother lode like that! Very nice.

Patrick
12-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Oh no, Squire, there's lots more where those came from.

Dan, tell us more about your home brew experience!

Dan Hocker
12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Oh no, Squire, there's lots more where those came from.

Dan, tell us more about your home brew experience!

Sure thing, here's some "Tasty Libations" before they are "Tasty Libations"

Well a friend of mine took a brewing class in college (apparently it was a high level science) and started making beer a couple years ago. Then earlier this year another friend picked up a beer making kit at a yard sale for like $5 and made some beer, so I decided to join the party. The first beer we made was a Amber Ale, from an ingredient starter kit. We modified the hops in the recipe and boosted the bitterness a fair bit. It came out surprisingly well for a kit beer, and I think the longer it sits the better it is (although I think it's all gone now). At the same time we also made an Apfelwine, which is like a German hard cider. Probably one of the easiest things in the world to make. You take pasteurized apple juice that has no preservatives, put it in a jug with an air lock, and add some cider yeast. 3 months later and you have a Apfelwine, that gets better with age (6-8 months is peak). We added some more sugar and some honey to it for flavor as well as a higher alcohol content.

The 3rd beer I made was a "Blonde Ale", which is what's called a "Light Hybrid Beer" which is supposed to be a combination of an Ale and a Lager, since Lagers are notoriously hard to make at home as they need to be kept around 35-40 degrees for at least a month during fermentation. This was the first all grain batch I did, and I didn't get a very good startch conversion rate in the beer. Which means I didn't get enough of the starch in the grain converted to sugars in the beer. So I added more raw sugar and some of the leftover honey to the beer to help make up for that. The honey adds a little bit of flavor but the sugar doesn't really do anything. It still came out surprisingly well.

The 4th beer we made was a recipe my friend who took the class designed and wanted to make. It's an English Special Bitter, or ESB for short. This is the first large scale (5 gallon) all grain batch, and we got a fairly decent starch conversion on it. I can't tell you if it's any good or not yet though, as when I checked the bottles last weekend they where not carbonated yet. When we brewed this one we also made another batch of the Apfelwine, since the first batch was done. The first batch came out tasting a bit like wine, so the second time around we used cider (unfiltered apple juice) instead of the regular apple juice. We also added some nutmeg and cinnamon to the mix. This one is still sitting in the fermenter till January. We're not 100% sure that this one worked, as it took the yeast a bit too long to get started, and I even added a second packet of yeast. It eventually started working, but that could have been caused by bacteria.

The last thing I made was a small 1 gallon batch with a bunch of the leftover ingredients from all the other beer I made. I tryed a different startch conversion method on this one, which didn't work out too well so I didn't get a good conversion. It however was high enough that I didn't need to back sweeten it. It supposed to be an american pale ale. I can't tell you how it came out as I only made it on Monday, so it has another 3 weeks in the fermenter befor I can bottle it.

I have some picture I've taken along the way.

These first 3 are a custom piece of equipment I made out of a cooler called the mash tun. You use a cooler because it's insulated, and the goal is to keep the grain a stead temperature for a long period of time without using direct heat.

Dan Hocker
12-11-2011, 02:44 PM
These next photo's are of the actually brewing process.

This is the grain in the mash tun I made.

This is me heating the water for the mash (exciting I know)

This is the resulting "wort" after the mash

This is the actual boil

This is a larger view of the "epic" pot I had to buy to do this. It's a 10 gallon pot, and it's so big it has to sit on 2 burners.

Here's all my hops laid out. If you're a beer lover, these just smell amazing, don't try to taste it though. That being said the leftover grain that's been heated in the mash is delicious, a bit like oatmeal, but way better.

Dan Hocker
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
This last picture is of my 3 gallon carboy. I used an air lock on the top there, found out the hardway that I filled it too full and should have used what called a "blow off tube", which is a tube that runs from the stopper down into a bucked of water so air can come out but not in. I woke up the next morning to my carboy spewing foam out the top of it, luckily I thought ahead and sat it inside a pot in the closet.

srboone
12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Great pics, Dan! My brother tried this in college but lost patience with it.

Dan Hocker
12-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Nothing special, but one of my favorite day to day beers.

njhorror
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Chocolate covered cherry hot chocolate. Nuf said. :cool:

Patrick
12-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Dan, color me impressed. That modified cooler - way to go. You've made a lot of different beers, which I'm sure is part of the fun. Thanks for sharing the stories and photos - now if only you could share the beer!

Dan Hocker
12-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Dan, color me impressed. That modified cooler - way to go. You've made a lot of different beers, which I'm sure is part of the fun. Thanks for sharing the stories and photos - now if only you could share the beer!

Wait till I take some pictures of the next piece of equipment I've been building. It's a temperature controlled fermentation chamber.

Grant Wootton
12-24-2011, 09:26 PM
One of my favourite tipples (and a cider that actually tastes like what they're made out of - the pear, particularly, is heavenly) :cool:

srboone
12-24-2011, 09:48 PM
cheers!

peteOcha
12-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Those look tasty Grant! The name seems german-austrianish, so I'm guessing this could be grabbed in Europe? I'm always up for a tasty cider. Especially pear! When I went on a business trip to Austria a couple months back, I paid a visit to a small family run restaurant (it was on a farm) where they served meats and chesses they produced themselves. They also had this awesome pear cider/wine called möst. Mmmm....:) I'll post some pics when i get home.

And damn, I gotta remember to post in this thread! Once I get better and stop feeling like I'm dying... Thought it would be a good idea to stop drinking while taking my flu meds...

Grant Wootton
12-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Those look tasty Grant! The name seems german-austrianish, so I'm guessing this could be grabbed in Europe? I'm always up for a tasty cider. Especially pear! When I went on a business trip to Austria a couple months back, I paid a visit to a small family run restaurant (it was on a farm) where they served meats and chesses they produced themselves. They also had this awesome pear cider/wine called möst. Mmmm....:) I'll post some pics when i get home.

And damn, I gotta remember to post in this thread! Once I get better and stop feeling like I'm dying... Thought it would be a good idea to stop drinking while taking my flu meds...

With you on the flu thing Pete, am coming down with a massive dose of summer flu as I type (nope, not Captain Trips ;)) which is a bugger seeing our Malaysian trip is coming up in just over a week !!! The cider is actually made here in Australia by one of the little boutique breweries that have sprung up all over in recent years - and, my, is it tasty ... My experience with cider (at least Down Under) is that they do not often taste of the fruit from which they are made - but this one, awesome !!!!! And, yep, post some of your pics, always interested in new ways to kill some brain cells :D

Grant Wootton
12-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Had to share this one (although the Aussie contingent will remember it) - this advertisement for one of our beers (which, to me, tastes likes goats piss) is one of the best beer ads I've ever seen (looks heaps better on a big screen though - the setting is New Zealand, using some of the backdrops from LOTR) :cool:

Enjoy !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylxkhtQL65Q

PaulB
12-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Great ad. Crap beer.

TerryE
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey Grant, is this sign outside your house???

Grant Wootton
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Nah mate, only sign out front of my shack is this one warning the tourists about mossies :p

PaulB
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
And if the mossies down here don't get you the drop bears will.

srboone
01-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I must have missed the real Australia every time my ship ported there. The worst thing I had to worry about was every pizza I ordered having Spam on it. I order a pepperoni pizza, I get a pepperoni pizza--with Spam! I order a hamburger and onion pizza, I get a hamburger and onion pizza--with Spam! The only pizza I ever ordered that did not come with Spam on it was a Neopolitan (tomatoes, black olives, green peppers, and anchovies)--something I thought of only as an ice cream variety until I visited down under.

Great combo, tho. Now my favorite. Don't let me choose the pizza, I'll put anchovies on it!

TerryE
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I'll have the Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, and Spam.

Dan Hocker
01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
http://media.fukung.net/images/19099/addicted.jpg

peteOcha
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
^^ Story of my life;)

peteOcha
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Well I promised, so now its time to deliver (partly, as there is more that I need to take pictures of):

Local beers (both brewed with natural honey, a taste I've become quite fond of recently, just need to import myself a bottle of Honey Jack Daniels, maybe CD could ship one with one of my books? :D)

The second one is a dark beer and is fantastic.

3148 3149

Hedda Gabler
01-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Ooo, I love anchovies, so order away!

srboone
01-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the libation tank, Pete. Nice Photos. I'll be rounding up some more tasties for Superbowl Sunday...including a pizza with anchovies!

peteOcha
01-31-2012, 09:42 PM
These next two are again flavored.

Kriek is a fantastic beer, made in Belgium. It comes in several varieties, but they what they have in common is that they are brewed with sour morello cherries (added to the barrels).This particular Kriek is my favorite, the cherries are first fermented for 2 years before being added to the beer. The taste is beer like at first, then sour, and a sweet finish.

peteOcha
01-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the libation tank, Pete. Nice Photos. I'll be rounding up some more tasties for Superbowl Sunday...including a pizza with anchovies!

Ahhh, Superbowl! It hurts to even think about!:( I used to live in NJ, so I'm a big Giants fan. After moving to europe, I had one channel that only showed the playoffs and the superbowl but a few years ago they got rid of the games on that channel!! :(

srboone
02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, it's Superbowl Sunday, and I'm ready for the big game. I've got my brew of choice today:

Celebrator, dopplebock beer from Germany--nothing else looked interesting.

And, of course, my Neopolitan pizza:

Just look at those anchovies swimming along, spreading their aromatic essences throughout the pie. Yum!

I can't stand the pregame shows anymore. Everybody's waxing phillosophical about what the game means. Give me a break! It's 60 minutes of grown men beating the %$##@! out of each other in a controlled choas environment. It's entertainment. If they want to improve the game, have all the teams line up and shout in unison: "Commisioner Goodell, those of use about to get concussions and other serious injuries salute you!"

2 hoours to go...

srboone
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
9-0 Giants. Deserves another round! <berp>:o

Martin
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM
As a Chiefs fan I do not have any skin in this game but I will say it is a long way from over.
9-0 Giants. Deserves another round! <berp>:o

srboone
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Of course it does. At least four more pieces of pizza and two Dopplebocks! And a large plate of nachoes, some chocolate chip cookies....;)

srboone
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
And I'm a Buccaneer fan; They've got more problems than the Chiefs!

Martin
02-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Indeed they do. Neither are close to playing in the Super Bowl but we are probably a little bit closer.

Ben Staad
02-06-2012, 12:31 AM

How in the world does a KC guy become a Bucs fan??? I live an hour away from Raymond James and I'm not sure I am a fan :)

srboone
02-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Well, growing up in western Kansas, I was a vikings fan. Fran Tarkington retired in '76 and I realized I was an FT fan, not really a Vikings fan. So I had to choose a new team. The Seattle Seahawks and the Tampa bay Buccaneers were expansion teams that year, so I decided I choose one of them; but which one? The night before I had watched The Sea Hawk with Errrol Flynn and when I saw the silhouette of EF on the helmets of the Bucs, I knew I had my team!

Ben Staad
02-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Great explanation and now it makes perfect sense. I actually do follow the Bucs so I'm glad you're on board.

Dan Hocker
02-06-2012, 01:58 AM
I so didn't even watch this year. Spent my evening assembling a bookshelf, filling it, and watching anime.

srboone
02-06-2012, 02:08 AM
And you accomplished something Dan. All I did was gain 5 pounds.

Randy D. Rubin
02-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Just tried Tangle Ridge Canandian Whishky-- smooth as a baby's butt in olive oil underpants. I think its beter than Crown Rroyal. Hey which do youo think came first, the Royal Crown cola or the Crown Royal whisky with a beer chasing it down the sstreet. I bet I know...

Martin
02-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I will have to look for this. I used to drink 'Alberta Springs', which was billed as a Canadian sipping whiskey. It vanished from local liquor stores several years ago and I have been drinking Crown Royal since.
Just tried Tangle Ridge Canandian Whishky-- smooth as a baby's butt in olive oil underpants. I think its beter than Crown Rroyal. Hey which do youo think came first, the Royal Crown cola or the Crown Royal whisky with a beer chasing it down the sstreet. I bet I know...

srboone
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Randy D. Rubin;20172] smooth as a baby's butt in olive oil underpants. QUOTE]

I don't think I wanted that image...

peteOcha
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
mmm, whiskey!

PaulB
02-10-2012, 11:27 PM
scotch whiskey = good

Grant Wootton
02-11-2012, 06:37 AM
scotch whiskey = good

Nice Apple Isle choice Paul :cool:

Martin
02-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I local Microbrewery in Oregon began distilling spirits a few years back. There first Whiskey is called a Single Malt Whiskey. I, as a whiskey drinker, thinks it tastes alot like a fine whiskey. My friends, who are scotch drinkers, think it tastes like a nice single malt scotch. It is called Hogshead Whiskey and is only one of many spirits they are now producing.

Ben Staad
02-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm glad for the interest in Whiskey in this thread. I love all different types but my favorite by far is Eagle Rare 10 year. I've found that the Canadian brands/types are my least favorite however they are still much better then no whiskey!

RJK1981
02-12-2012, 01:26 AM
I don't usually do much drinking at all, but this is typically my drink of choice when I do, whether straight or mixed

Not sure well it comes through in this picture, but there is a very tall shot glass that is somewhat visible on the right behind my leather jacket. Got it in Hawaii when I was there many year ago (Think it was 8 or 9 years ago now). One of these days I might take pictures of the shot glasses I have, which is quite a few (though definitely not a massive collection).

That collection will hopefully be growing next month if I think of it while I am taking a road trip from Minnesota down to southern Florida

Martin
02-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Whiskey is my drink of choice and I often find the Canadian's smoother. I prefer a smooth whiskey served on the rocks.
I'm glad for the interest in Whiskey in this thread. I love all different types but my favorite by far is Eagle Rare 10 year. I've found that the Canadian brands/types are my least favorite however they are still much better then no whiskey!

srboone
02-12-2012, 02:07 AM
I gave the hard stuff about 8-9 years ago. I stick with the thicker beers these days .In college, I could drink whiskey like water and I never could figure out why people drank tequila with salt and lime; but that was a long time ago; Could never stomach scotch or vodka; I was introduced to absynthe while in Japan; eventually margaritas just gave me heart burn. Beer just agrees with me.

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Seeing as how it's been a whisky sort of week (I'm impartial to Canadian blends, little too ... mild on the palate ... for mine) Monkey Shoulder is a nice little drop :cool:

Yep, collect booze too ;)

Martin
02-12-2012, 02:31 AM
The local distillery has a Monkey Puzzle Whiskey.

Seeing as how it's been a whisky sort of week (I'm impartial to Canadian blends, little too ... mild on the palate ... for mine) Monkey Shoulder is a nice little drop :cool:

Yep, collect booze too ;)

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Unleash the pissed Monkeys !!!!!!!

Martin
02-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Give a monkey some good whiskey and he would not be pissed.

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Give a monkey some good whiskey and he would not be pissed.

Ah ... In Australia, we have a different way of applying the word "pissed" .... If we're "pissed off" we're unhappy (same as your pissed, I guess) .. If we're simply "pissed" we've imbibed one to many Monkey whiskies :D

srboone
02-12-2012, 04:17 AM
I remember getting pissed at a bar with "monkey" in the name in King's Cross, NSW in 2001. The Wise Monkey? Blind Monkey? 3 Monkies? Who knows. The best times are the ones you don't remember.....

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 04:44 AM
I remember getting pissed at a bar with "monkey" in the name in King's Cross, NSW in 2001. The Wise Monkey? Blind Monkey? 3 Monkies? Who knows. The best times are the ones you don't remember.....

Must be this one Mr Boone, although it's on George Street (which is only two miles, give or take, from the infamous Cross) ???

http://www.3wisemonkeys.com.au/History.htm

But, yep, you're 100% - the best remembered nights are those that you can't remember that someone else has to remember for you - or something like that :confused:

srboone
02-12-2012, 05:19 AM
That be the one! the 7th Fleet put out a general admin message about which bars were off limits to Naval personnel. Somehow, this bar got hold of the message and changed it's name (for the week of our port call)! So a whole bunch of sailors were getting drunk inside the first night. The mistake was discovered two days later, but we'd had out fun and best of all--no one got in trouble!

I knew I could count on you Mr Woot!:cool:

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 05:31 AM
That be the one! the 7th Fleet put out a general admin message about which bars were off limits to Naval personnel. Somehow, this bar got hold of the message and changed it's name (for the week of our port call)! So a whole bunch of sailors were getting drunk inside the first night. The mistake was discovered two days later, but we'd had out fun and best of all--no one got in trouble!

I knew I could count on you Mr Woot!:cool:

Aha !!!! Mr Boone, given the little snippet of info you've provided, I reckon the bar you actually may have been to in 2001 was The Bourbon & Beefsteak, which is in Kings Cross, and was a favourite hangout for US sailors (Garden Island docking yards are just down the road a ways) and was well known locally as a place a place to stay the hell away from when the ships were in town (the sister of ex wife # 2 was a major groupie for the US sailors and would try and drag # 2 along for a .... fun weekend ... whenever she learned a boatload were on their way).

Does this frontage look familiar ???

srboone
02-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Not really, but could be. Well, it was a place we weren't supposed to go to; the name on the message was 3WiseMonkeys, but that wasn't the name on the sign when we got there.:confused:

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Not really, but could be. Well, it was a place we weren't supposed to go to; the name on the message was 3WiseMonkeys, but that wasn't the name on the sign when we got there.:confused:

Was there a fountain shaped like a huge golf ball spouting water about 50 yards up the road - or was there a Hungry Jacks (aka Burger King) across the road and/or a monorail just outside the door (a yes to either will narrow it right down - however, a yes to both will mean that you were likely pissed as a newt and had no idea where you were) :eek:

srboone
02-12-2012, 05:46 AM
A couple of days later, I was asked it I'd been to the 3WiseMonkeys and I said no, we couldn't find it. Then I discovered that me and about 20 others were seen coming out of it, but the name had been changed.

srboone
02-12-2012, 05:48 AM
That was twelve years ago.....put i was pissed as a newt (I got better). I remember walking a ways to the place, tho.

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 06:44 AM
That was twelve years ago.....put i was pissed as a newt (I got better). I remember walking a ways to the place, tho.

Well, if you got better, you must be a witch !!!! If it was a ways from the docking yards, it was likely the former rather than than the latter :D

srboone
02-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Just another, vaguely remembered...memory from my time Down Under!

Dan Hocker
02-12-2012, 08:37 AM
It was a japanese kind of night.

Two of these followed by and around the sushi for myself
Then followed by the better part of 3 large bottles of sake between 4 of us. Oh and me loosing $10 dollars in poker.

srboone
02-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Looks delicious! There's a great little sushi place around the corner from where I work; they don't deliver, but they will when I work! Every sushi place I go to, I have to have the squid salad.

Ben Staad
02-12-2012, 01:22 PM
But, yep, you're 100% - the best remembered nights are those that you can't remember that someone else has to remember for you - or something like that :confused:

Those are certainly the best. Of course I have one certain night that my friends also have photos...not so great.

Grant Wootton
02-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Love the sushi / sashimi Dan - eel being a particular favourite :cool:

peteOcha
02-17-2012, 09:47 PM

It came with 3 pretty nice shot glasses. So I decided to cheer myself up and have a few since I have to work tomorrow...

Ben Staad
02-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Looks freaking great...although I have some terrible memories from the last time SC touched my lips some 19 years ago. (One Bottle, One Man, One Night=Bad Times & An Apparent Fight & Pissing off my best friends girlfriends bestfriend & Vomit)

P.S. Excessive amounts of the former.

P.S.S. I almost forgot...(and a giant scar on my knee)

Ben Staad
02-17-2012, 11:21 PM
On a lighter note I picked up a sixer of Sam Adams new brew and I love it. I'm not a SA guy but this new spring ale is a great American brew. I would guess that if you like thick and hoppy brews (squire) this would not be for you.

Grant Wootton
02-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Connie and I picked this Devil's Brew up duty free in Malaysia - it's kind of like Bailey's Irish Cream mixed with jet propellant - nasty, but with a kick like a mule :p

Tasmaniac
02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Love Southern Comfort, and those glasses are excellent. Bought some whiskey tumbers with that same base bubble design - were hand-made in Poland. I do enjoy a nice, heavy glass!

Tasmaniac
02-17-2012, 11:47 PM

Cream of Leopard?

Martin
02-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Love the bottle. Based on the description I am not sure I would like the drink though.
Connie and I picked this Devil's Brew up duty free in Malaysia - it's kind of like Bailey's Irish Cream mixed with jet propellant - nasty, but with a kick like a mule :p

Grant Wootton
02-18-2012, 03:14 AM
Either will we, it came with a little bar fridge sized bottle swinging from it's neck, and it's frikking awful - but the fuzzy bottle adds a bit of ... panache ... ??? (yep, Tas, may as well be creamed leopard) :p

srboone
02-18-2012, 03:43 AM
I don't want to know what leopard cream tastes like.:eek:

Grant Wootton
02-18-2012, 04:01 AM
I don't want to know what leopard cream tastes like.:eek:

Pretty much tastes as one would expect Mr Boone :p

srboone
02-18-2012, 04:16 AM
I'll take a double!

But I gotta ask you, Mr. Woot...what search terms did you use to find that? Or do you have a website you use for all this stuff?? Or maybe you took this pic yourself when Connie wasn't looking.:rolleyes:

Martin
02-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Actually that does not look as bad as what I was thinking.
Pretty much tastes as one would expect Mr Boone :p

Grant Wootton
02-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Actually that does not look as bad as what I was thinking.

The problem starts once the blender has been powered up ;)

Grant Wootton
02-18-2012, 05:06 AM
I'll take a double!

But I gotta ask you, Mr. Woot...what search terms did you use to find that? Or do you have a website you use for all this stuff?? Or maybe you took this pic yourself when Connie wasn't looking.:rolleyes:

Sssshhhhh Mr Boone - Connie still has another three kitty kats to play with - one less will not be noticed (fingers crossed) ... :eek:

srboone
02-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Kitty in a blender. REminds of a comment i made in a drunken moment years ago. It's pretty sick.

"Baby in a micowave!

Grant Wootton
02-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Kitty in a blender. REminds of a comment i made in a drunken moment years ago. It's pretty sick.

"Baby in a micowave!

You is a bad, bad, bad man Mr Boone and are likely going to hell in a handbasket (my kinda guy !!!!!!! ;))

srboone
02-18-2012, 10:29 AM
The bad part was, it was to by neices and nephews as the watched this stuff. So I blame their parents for letting them watch that stuff!

Martin
02-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Mr. Hocker showing his new Sake set reminded me of my one Sake item. My niece went on a school trip to Japan last year and brought me back a cool bottle of Sake. I display it with my books.
The hat is also a cup.

srboone
02-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Cool! A little sake with Ghost Story and The Travelling Vampire Show sounds pretty good! cool bottle!

peteOcha
02-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Love Southern Comfort, and those glasses are excellent. Bought some whiskey tumbers with that same base bubble design - were hand-made in Poland. I do enjoy a nice, heavy glass!

Hand made in Poland! Now that's a coincidence! Post some pics if you can, i'm looking for a nice set myself. :)

Grant Wootton
02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
That's one cool (no pun intended) bottle Martin :cool:

srboone
02-18-2012, 08:29 PM
It's not supposed to be a snowman, right?:rolleyes:

Martin
02-18-2012, 11:38 PM
I assume it is a snowman, guess I never asked. My niece can tell me what it says. I will ask her the next time she is over.

Tasmaniac
02-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Hand made in Poland! Now that's a coincidence! Post some pics if you can, i'm looking for a nice set myself. :)

Sorry for the poor quality (webcam), one of my daughters has the camera!
Maker's name: KROSNO.
Contents of the glass: Johnnie Walker Double Black - a very nice drop!

peteOcha
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I knew it had to be Krosno! They make some pretty fine glasses.

Great contents as well.:)

srboone
02-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Well, it's 26Feb, I have this night off, but I thought I would be somewhere else. For the the last three years, I've attended an AMC theater for the Oscars on the big screen--an event all for charity; but Kansas City was not on the list of cities hosting these events this year! The closest was St. Louis (a mere 4 hours away, but I decided not to go. It's not like it's a Stephen King event, where I spent $125 on a ticket and travelled 600 miles one way to see him). So I'm here at home tonight for the event. And, I've got some libation as well.

3 hours to go. They're probably doing the red carpet stuff right now. Not my thing, but if some like Christina Hendricks (or some other lady who doesn't look like an undernourished meerkat) were to walk down it wearing nothing but high heels, I might take a looky-loo. So it's just me and The Wind Through the Keyhole for the time being.......:rolleyes:

srboone
02-26-2012, 10:34 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/Dragore94123/1107928600timon06.gif

srboone
02-27-2012, 12:48 AM
The Oscars have begun (but not my consumption!); Billy Crystal sang his ode to the 9 nominated best picture nominees. I can't help but think of the opportunity he might have had if the movie Shame had been nominated. A segment on chronic masturbation would have been hysterical during the openning!

Grant Wootton
02-27-2012, 03:35 AM
An Aussie icon - anything that's sold in 1.5 litre bottles just has to have the potential to knock one on their arse :p

Dan Hocker
02-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Just made a Russian Imperial Stout yesterday. To bad it's at least 6 months before I can drink it.

peteOcha
02-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Looks interesting Grant. Green ginger wine... I've had beer with ginger but never wine.

Grant Wootton
02-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Looks interesting Grant. Green ginger wine... I've had beer with ginger but never wine.

I'm a big fan of alcoholic ginger beer, and Stone's was the "go to" drink of choice (along with a bunch of el-cheapo Aussie knock-offs such as Brandavino, Passion Pop, April Gold, KB beer, etc) back when we were teenagers, too young to actually purchase booze, but with a friend that looked old enough and could pass muster at the counter. We'd pool our meager financial resources (Brandavino, a wine based brandy derivative, was $1.00) and get pie-eyed (ah, youth !!!) :D

Tasmaniac
02-27-2012, 09:54 PM
An Aussie icon - anything that's sold in 1.5 litre bottles just has to have the potential to knock one on their arse :p

Add a slosh of whiskey and it's the bee's knees!

Martin
02-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Yazi gingered flavor Vodka is also very good.

peteOcha
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
cool bottle!

Grant Wootton
02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Gotta get myself some of that stuff !!!!!!!!!!!! Is ginger, is good :cool:

Grant Wootton
03-04-2012, 12:42 AM
This one'll tear ones soul apart :p

srboone
03-04-2012, 04:30 AM
I agree totally, Mr. Woot. i was one of those innocents who had heard of absynthe, but didn't really know what it was. I don't think I'll be having any of that stuff ever again........

Tasmaniac
03-04-2012, 05:03 AM
I've seen Green Fairy for sale down in Hobart and really want to pick up a bottle. Never tried Absinthe but if it's good enough for Hemingway, van Gogh and Oscar Wilde...

Grant Wootton
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
It'll be an experience Tas - then again, so's being axe murdered ;)

Ben Staad
03-04-2012, 06:01 PM

LOL! That's why in my advanced age I try and stick to the easy stuff such as whiskey and Miller Lite.

th3l0rd
03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Tasmaniac, Just remember to put some water in it :) first time I've tried if (89.9%alc with no water) I've ended speaking 5 foreign languages to the girls in tv (beatuy contest...) :) the 79% alc is great to kill heavy dinners, the lunch before it and the breakfast before that :p

Grant Wootton
03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
And bacteria ;)

Tasmaniac
03-04-2012, 10:58 PM

Ha! This makes me want to try it all the more!

Tasmaniac
03-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Tasmaniac, Just remember to put some water in it :) first time I've tried if (89.9%alc with no water) I've ended speaking 5 foreign languages to the girls in tv (beatuy contest...) :) the 79% alc is great to kill heavy dinners, the lunch before it and the breakfast before that :p

Duly noted, thanks!

Tasmaniac
03-04-2012, 11:01 PM
And bacteria ;)

So it's multi-functional then, hallucinogenic beverage plus it'll clean the toilet!

misery chastain loves co.
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Whilst sipping a cold one and browsing these forums I happened upon this thread. I am officially in love with these forums! Nice one srboone!! I enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures! I have no idea how to post one myself but for this evening I have dug into the Shiner Bock Family Reunion 12 pack and am tipping back a tasty Shiner Black Lager.

*sits back, puts feet up* Oh yeah, I could be at home here....:o

Grant Wootton
03-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Some more unadulterated EVIL in a bottle - how can there be anything thing at all wrong with booze claiming to be both "imitation liqueur" and having a "certified colour added" ???? Particularly when it's 60 proof, bright orange and smells like kerosine ??? I plan on cracking this one tonight, so if you don't hear from me ever again, well, blame it on the Golden Pear :p

03-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh my....Moonshine in a fancy bottle!! Do let us know if you spontaneously combust......

Grant Wootton
03-10-2012, 05:07 AM

srboone
03-10-2012, 05:18 AM
O, no! Not de lime in de coconut again...

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=5015560209433448&id=2077be4bd5ff362f7d446df47e71906c&index=newexp

Tasmaniac
03-12-2012, 12:21 AM
I'll also be getting a bottle of this for my BDay! Anyone tried it yet?

Grant Wootton
03-12-2012, 04:42 AM
Looks awesome Tas, will have to source some of that sauce for my wicked own self (and, nope, never even heard of it, let alone tried it :))

peteOcha
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Havent had it (but I want it!!), have heard that it is pretty good though. Unfortunately, I finished my Southern Comfort and now I'm debating whether to buy booze or books... Both would be best! :)

th3l0rd
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Havent had it (but I want it!!), have heard that it is pretty good though. Unfortunately, I finished my Southern Comfort and now I'm debating whether to buy booze or books... Both would be best! :)
If you buy (and drink) enought booz you'll end up buying books ! d'oh ! :)

srboone
03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Don't worry, Pete, the decision gets esier as you get older.;)

peteOcha
03-12-2012, 11:06 PM
If you buy (and drink) enought booz you'll end up buying books ! d'oh ! :)

Lol, that's what usually happens! So many unplanned purchases... :)

Grant Wootton
03-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Pete, better unplanned books than other unplanned events that occur under the influence a a good tipple (did I mention I have two kids) :confused:

srboone
03-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Uh oh...two little Woots! (I suspected as much...;))

Grant Wootton
03-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Uh oh...two little Woots! (I suspected as much...;))

Yeppers, and they're 1/2 Canadian - not, not Teri :D

srboone
03-13-2012, 06:54 AM
No one even condisered than, Mr. Woot; but you sure threw that in mighty quickly!;)

Grant Wootton
03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Absolving myself of blame before anyone pointed the finger :p

srboone
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
<I didn't kill him!>
<Kill whom?>
<uh....nobody. that's why I didn't kill him.>:rolleyes:

03-13-2012, 06:28 PM
For the love of all that is holy(or unholy) would someone tell me how to post a pic??? That was typed sweetly by the way :o
Thank you.

Dan Hocker
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM
For the love of all that is holy(or unholy) would someone tell me how to post a pic??? That was typed sweetly by the way :o
Thank you.

There's a little image image in the quick post window. It's 3 icons from the right. Next to the image that looks like a film strip. Once you click it, it's pretty self explanatory.

TerryE
03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
It's a frame with a picture of a tree and when you scroll over it, it says "image"

03-13-2012, 08:33 PM

Testing.......

03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Yay!! Thanks guys! And thank you for not giving me heck as it was pretty easy....:rolleyes:

Alas, I am not sipping this at the moment as I am at work. They allow me to play on the internet in between patients but no drinking allowed. Go figure. This is one of my favorite beers though!!

Dan Hocker
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
I've had that one before. It is pretty darn good. Don't go for their other fruit one's though, the fruit is just overbearing in the rest.

srboone
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
You're welcome misery. I remember asking the same question months ago and somebody put me on the path to posting pics--it was pretty painless. And nice label. I was beginning to feel lonely on this thread. I'm a beer drinker, not a scotch swiller and lately it's all been the hard stuff!;)

Dan Hocker
03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
You're welcome misery. I remember asking the same question months ago and somebody put me on the path to posting pics--it was pretty painless. And nice label. I was beginning to feel lonely on this thread. I'm a beer drinker, not a scotch swiller and lately it's all been the hard stuff!;)

I like both, but here's a beer I posted to facebook last week. It's a pretty bad picture though as the bar / restaurant was horribly lighted. This is DuClaw Brewing Company's first beer in it's Anti-Venom series. Which is where they take their standard Venom Pale Ale and replace all the hops with a different single variety. It was pretty good. I'll post some more this weekend, as it's St Patty's Day and I'll be getting my drink on.

Edit: I messed with the photo in photoshop to fix the brightness.

03-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I've had that one before. It is pretty darn good. Don't go for their other fruit one's though, the fruit is just overbearing in the rest.

Agreed, I have had the Raspberry and it's nowhere near as good as the Blueberry IMHO. Another Maine brewed one that I enjoy is Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale. A great fall beer if you like a cinnamon in your pumpkin!

EDIT: Nice pic! Oh yeah...St. Patty's Day. The Guinness will flow freely! In fact, happy early celebration everyone! Keep the Bayer handy :)

03-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Me too srB. I just can't drink the hard stuff anymore unless it's in a margarita or something. I love trying different microbrews. Just browsing the big stores that have a nice assortment is like X-mas Eve....

Dan Hocker
03-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Here's another one. I actually just found this one in the back of my fridge. DOGtoberfest Marzen style brewed by Flying Dog.

03-13-2012, 10:26 PM
mmm mmm mmm! That looks good! I have a tried a couple of the Flying Dog's. I remember them mostly for their names..In Heat Wheat and Old Scratch are the ones I had. Who can forget those titles? :o

peteOcha
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
starting to get pretty thirsty right about now... :)

Grant Wootton
03-14-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm drinking a glass of honey mead (of all things) which is pretty cool stuff actually :cool: Makes one feel like Hagar the Horrible (or something) :p

srboone
03-14-2012, 05:26 AM
or Hrothgar at the mead hall.

Teriw
03-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Am I the only one here who doesn't really drink? Although when I do I am partial to jack Daniels or Dr macgillicudys(I don't know how to spell it) fireball.

srboone
03-14-2012, 05:53 AM
It's ok, TEri, you're welcome on this thread anytime! And I don't drink that often (though I did spend three years of my life drunk--when I sobered up, I had a BA in English!), pretty much when something appears on this thread psoted by me, I'm drinking, but it'll take me 4 or 5 days to polish off a six-pack.

Teriw
03-14-2012, 05:57 AM
I drink when I go camping and that's pretty well it. Gettin drunk by a fire listening to Garth Brooks is the best thing ever. Lol.

srboone
03-14-2012, 06:02 AM
That's cool; but I'm sure we have a few budding AA all-stars on this forum! ;)

Dan Hocker
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm drinking a glass of honey mead (of all things) which is pretty cool stuff actually :cool: Makes one feel like Hagar the Horrible (or something) :p

A friend of mine started making Mead a couple months ago. His first batch didn't come out very well though. It was probably the "sweetest" mead in existence (not in a good way) but I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 glasses of it will put you on your ass real fast.

Dan Hocker
03-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Am I the only one here who doesn't really drink? Although when I do I am partial to jack Daniels or Dr macgillicudys(I don't know how to spell it) fireball.

I really don't drink that much either Teri, at least not to a point where I'd be able to tell I'd been drinking. Beer is a bit of a passion of mine though, as I make my own.

peteOcha
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Suddenly nobody around here drinks...:rolleyes: :)

th3l0rd
03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Yep, very sad indeed :( Lately I too drink almost only water ! And I've removed soft drinks because they are too sweet for my mood (and my belly...). The positive thing is that now I don't have to drink 1 gallon of double malt beer to get drunk :p

TerryE
03-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I've felt left out on this thread since I'm a teetotaler. Don't know what I'll do w/ the Woot, Tasmaniac, and Misery when we celebrate our b-days next month.

srboone
03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
A libation is a pouring of liquid in an offering to something. It doesn't have to be alcoholic for the purposes of this thread, Terry. It simply must be tasty!

Tasmaniac
03-15-2012, 05:38 AM
I've had the same bottle for about 8 years and I've still got half a bottle left! - minus a couple of glasses this afternoon. :o

A lovely drop of single malt.

Tasmaniac
03-15-2012, 05:40 AM
I've felt left out on this thread since I'm a teetotaler. Don't know what I'll do w/ the Woot, Tasmaniac, and Misery when we celebrate our b-days next month.

We'll leave the booze to one side, Terry, and all smoke big, fat cigars! ;)

Grant Wootton
03-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Alright !!!! Booze, tobacco and middle age - delightful combination !!!!

peteOcha
03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Ahhhh, finally this thread is back on track!!! :D

srboone
03-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Never went of track, Pete....Do your meds need adjusting...again?

peteOcha
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I beg to differ, must be the shocks messing with you. :P

peteOcha
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
I'll also be getting a bottle of this for my BDay! Anyone tried it yet?

found a review: http://whiskyforeveryone.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-release-jim-beam-devils-cut.html

I really like the name play. :) Next up they'll have an empty bottle on sale and call it "Angel's Share". :)

Dan Hocker
03-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I bought a bottle of this a couple weeks ago. It's probably hands down one of the best whiskey's I've ever had. Pretty darn expensive too sadly.

http://hudsonwhiskey.com/images/whiskeys/single-malt.jpg

peteOcha
03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Nice bottle, I really like the small barrel look they're going for, makes it stand out.

Dan Hocker
03-15-2012, 04:12 PM
They do small batch's of it. The bottles are even hand numbered. They do have a couple different kinds. They are pretty small bottles, only 375 mL and they cost about $45-50 a bottle.

http://hudsonwhiskey.com/

rusty23
03-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Dan - you are right. That whiskey is fantastic. And it's brewed very close to where I live. I've been meaning to take a visit to that brewery for a while now.

Grant Wootton
03-15-2012, 05:12 PM
I beg to differ, must be the shocks messing with you. :P

On board with you Pete, I was hearing the creaking turning of the cartwheels on the Temperance Wagon in the distance, making their way slowly, but irrevocably, through this thread - however, we're back on track, so the do-gooders have moved on to more promising, if drier, pastures ;)

peteOcha
03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
They do small batch's of it. The bottles are even hand numbered. They do have a couple different kinds. They are pretty small bottles, only 375 mL and they cost about $45-50 a bottle.

http://hudsonwhiskey.com/

Neat site,thats a great story behind the brand and how it got started.

And:
+1 for Grant

Tasmaniac
03-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Alright !!!! Booze, tobacco and middle age - delightful combination !!!!

I'd say that warrants two thumbs up!

5472 5472

Tasmaniac
03-16-2012, 12:05 AM
found a review: http://whiskyforeveryone.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-release-jim-beam-devils-cut.html

I really like the name play. :) Next up they'll have an empty bottle on sale and call it "Angel's Share". :)

Nice one, Pete! Wow, nice review.

Angel's Share is a great term used for the evaporation process. Looking forward to trying the 'Cut!

Tasmaniac
03-16-2012, 12:09 AM
I bought a bottle of this a couple weeks ago. It's probably hands down one of the best whiskey's I've ever had. Pretty darn expensive too sadly.

http://hudsonwhiskey.com/images/whiskeys/single-malt.jpg

My ears tingle whenever someone says a certain whiskey is the best they've ever had! Many thanks for the tip, Dan!

Tasmaniac
03-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Hudson Whiskey website has some enjoyable videos, explaining their process along with the various labels available. Put me in mind of the short 6 minute film, The Man Who Walked Around the World, starring Robert Carlyle.

http://youtu.be/MnSIp76CvUI

03-17-2012, 03:18 AM

:D Happy Early St. Patty's Day all!!!

03-17-2012, 03:21 AM

I'll be happy to toast you with orange juice, water, cyanide(okay maybe not this) that week because you know what? Getting older is better than getting deader! ;)

Teriw
03-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Anyone tried Newfoundland Screech? Its supposed to be really strong...its only 80 proof and 40% like plain ol captain but everyone says its stronger. Its a Dark Rum, my brother loves it. I have never tried it because I hate rum but its supposed to be good.

03-18-2012, 01:19 AM

No Guinness or food colored beer tonight! It's all about Adrienne King's wine! :D

th3l0rd
03-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Sorry for my ignorance... what do you mean by 80 proof ?

peteOcha
03-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Here ya go.:) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_proof

Europe doesn't really use the term "proof" all that much.

Dan Hocker
03-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Here's two highlights from St Paddy's day for me. The first one is Zipang sparkling sake. It's really great stuff.

This one ins Leinenkugel's Red Lager.

th3l0rd
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Here ya go.:) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_proof

Europe doesn't really use the term "proof" all that much.
yep in Europe we don't need proofs before drinking :)

peteOcha
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
LOl, funny because its true! ;)

peteOcha
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Just saw this as someones facebook status: :D

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/484455_404104752952317_205344452828349_1466207_132 0255916_n.jpg

Dan Hocker
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Here's one I forgot to post yesterday. It's a limited release Wood Chuck Cider: Belgian White.

srboone
03-20-2012, 02:09 AM
UPS delivered this to my door this evening:

CHeers to misery chastain love co. for posting the Blue Dog Blueberry earlier in this thread and Dan for commenting on it and motivating me to find this company out of NY willing to ship me certain brews:

http://www.halftimebeverage.com/index.htm

The Shipyard Imperial Porter is another Maine brew I added to the order. Alas, I must wait til tomorrow for proper imbibing as I am getting ready for work.:(

Besides, they're not cold....

peteOcha
03-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Very nice Squire! Let us know what you think of them!

srboone
03-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Well, The SeaDog starts off well, but the blueberry just tastes sour at the end. I'm about to crack open the Imperial Porter.

srboone
03-23-2012, 12:10 AM

Aaaaaahhh......The Imperial Porter...full-bodied...slightly bitter roasted malty taste...dry after taste...my kinda brew...and it comes in pints (+6 oz)!

Dan Hocker
03-23-2012, 03:09 AM
Nice! I love a good beer. Not to big on the dark beers though. Although I have a Russian Imperial Stout in my closet, that I'm gonna bottle this weekend, then age for 6 months

Xiabei
03-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Hmmm... never thought of alcohol and books.... now, alcohol and gaming, that's a perfect fit! ;)

Dan Hocker
03-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Hmmm... never thought of alcohol and books.... now, alcohol and gaming, that's a perfect fit! ;)

Until you spend a New Years Eve yelling "I'm Not Drunk!!!" through an xbox microphone at all the 14 year olds playing Halo. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything....

srboone
03-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Never done that (don't online game), but I have thrown some choice drunken verbage at a game character or two...or three..or four...:rolleyes:

Teriw
03-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Now I REALLY hate you just for not playing online. tsk tsk lol

srboone
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Just wait til I get my DM! I thrive off your hatred, TEri. I believe there's only a finite amount of happiness in the universe (otherwise, everybody could be happy at the same time.) So any happiness you expel into void of cyberspace, I'm more than willing to snap up. More for ME!:p

Grant Wootton
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome, simply awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Teriw
03-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Grant needs to be put in the rubber room

Grant Wootton
03-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Coupla hundred more posts and I'll be joining Squire there Teri :p

th3l0rd
03-24-2012, 07:07 PM
not a libation but it turned out to be very tasty IMHO :) and you can "libate" with a good beer just to be in-topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX5CENcSkFo

Teriw
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Judgine without actually playing it that looks delicious but you can't actually tell what it is. lol. Maybe ill remember to play it later when I am not on a computer that shuts down everytime you hit play on a video.

peteOcha
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/421968_367813913248068_205344452828349_1366480_127 8801186_n.jpg

Teriw
03-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Did you really make that? I watched it now...looks delish. Not so much the cabbage and bread but the Karokke's themselves look delish. Also, does anyone know there I can get a deep fryer like that? lol It looks really easy to clean.

th3l0rd
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Yep, I cooked them today. No idea about the fryer, I used an ordinary frying pan :) Hell, how I miss japanese street food :p

Teriw
03-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Can't use an ordinary pan here. If you cook with open grease and you light your house on fire the insurance company won't cover you. My brother got sued for $2000 once cuz his landlords insurance wouldnt cover the damage. We do it once in a while not often though, its hard to catch a flat top stove on fire but my dad managed to do it once now he is the only one allowed (how does that make sense) do use the open pan anymore. If I want fries I have to go to McDonalds. lol. I don't know if they'd consider that Japanese thing open grease or not...its open but the sides are really high and curled in.

Teriw
03-24-2012, 10:26 PM
I google the shit outta that. Its a Japanese Tempura Pan

Teriw
03-24-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm way to excited over a damn pan. lol. I dont know if theyre good enough for an insurance company but I'd feel comfortable enough to use one as long as I am watching it. Found one on ebay...currently resisting the urge. House First, cooking stuff later...lol.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Oil-pan-saucepan-thermometer-tempura-french-fries-frying-2-3liters-/140710955281?pt=Cookware&hash=item20c306c911

srboone
03-24-2012, 10:52 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/421968_367813913248068_205344452828349_1366480_127 8801186_n.jpg

Ranks right up there with Beer Chess!

peteOcha
03-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Does indeed!:) I'll have to try battle shots next time I have a chance. And a drinking buddy at hand. I don't think the mirror would be too good at battleshots. :)

bookworm 1
03-25-2012, 05:39 PM
After you guys are done with your drinking games maybe I will PM you all and talk you out of the books I want from your collections:o

peteOcha
03-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Never! You could probably talk me out of my shoes, but never the precioussssss books!!

Grant Wootton
03-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Yep, same here BW, you'd need to talk to the clown, cos I ain't lisssstening :D

srboone
03-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Hmm, Pennywise emailed me the other day and said you needed to dump a lot of stuff--and pay for the shipping!

Grant Wootton
03-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Nope, Squire, think you may have got the Pennywise needed to take a dump part right, the rest, well, I reckon you may just have imagined that - or invented it to suit your own wicked ends :rolleyes:

srboone
03-25-2012, 10:31 PM
My bad...he said something about dumpng stuff and paying for it...

bookworm 1
03-25-2012, 10:42 PM
As long as you had a couple of limited editions in those shoes......I might do that.
Never! You could probably talk me out of my shoes, but never the precioussssss books!!

peteOcha
03-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Well, I was away most of last week on several business trips, but the good thing about them is getting to visit places and eat and drink good stuff! :)

So, to start it off: Bierhalle. Its a restaurant made out to resemble a German pub. They brew their own beer on the spot. First off was what they call March beer. Very fresh. Followed by a big weissbeer, which was fantastic!!!

peteOcha
03-26-2012, 01:39 PM
And, beer likes food for company so.... (sausages with sauerkraut and Vienna schnitzel)

peteOcha
03-26-2012, 01:41 PM
And while driving back on Saturday I was so hungry that I had to stop somewhere for food. Luckily, there was a really good steak place on the way!:) (ice tea and steak)

peteOcha
03-26-2012, 01:45 PM
And I picked this up on Sunday. Wasn't planning to, but it was new so I decided to give it a try. Not bad, not really cider and not really beer. More for the wife I guess, but I could see my self drinking this on a hot summer day.

srboone
03-26-2012, 07:08 PM
So, you worked on this trip...right, Pete? At more than slaking your thirst and curbing your hunger? ;)

peteOcha
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Actually, yeah quite a lot. The t-bone from saturday was my only meal that day (except for a crap load of fresh squeezed oj) after an 11 hour workday.

Tasmaniac
03-27-2012, 05:40 AM
I could do with a t-bone right this minute. Looked delish!

bookworm 1
03-27-2012, 10:03 PM
What no tofurky and millet bread.All that red meat.Your collection I am closer to owning I am.:o.
And while driving back on Saturday I was so hungry that I had to stop somewhere for food. Luckily, there was a really good steak place on the way!:) (ice tea and steak)

peteOcha
03-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Hahaha, nevah!! I'll just go jogging or something... when I feel like it... maybe... nah... :)

03-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Wow! Great pics everyone! I am now both thirsty and hungry....and want to play Battleship for some reason.....
Glad you semi liked the BluePaw Squire and I'm going to try the Imperial when I find it!

srboone
03-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Well, after I spen 3 of them figuring it out how best to enjoy them, the last three we pretty good. But the expereince called to mind one of my favorite beer commercials (though the beer is crap): Miller Lite "Man-Law": DON"T FRUIT THE BEER! But I'm not disappointed I ordered them!

srboone
03-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Tonight's brew--

I really liked this microbrewery's coffee stout, but this one is a little too hoppy for me. And since it's an ale, it needs to be consumed quickly to get the best flavor out of it. But, oh, well...cheers!