Is it just me...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me...?

A thread for all things that make you scratch your head.

This morning I saw a trailer for "The Hunger Games". I know this is a series of YA bestsellers and the studio hopes it will take over in the disappearance of the Twilight movies, but knew nothing about the stories. The question is for those who have seen the trailer.

Is it just me... or does the trailer for "The Hunger Games" look an awful lot like a combination of "The Long Walk" and "The Running Man", with one scene directly ripped off from "The Lottery"??
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

It's an old concept that's been re-worked by lots of writers, some good, some bad, with varying dgrees of success. Since I'm not really interested in Twilight, I'm preetty sure I'll give this one a pass as well.
    MDH

Comment

I don't know anything about the Hunger Games, except that my nephews and nieces talk about it alot. I'll have to wait and see...
      Last edited by srboone; 11-17-2011, 12:50 PM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I read the books last year after someone recommended them to my wife. They are aimed at the teen audience and while most of us here will have read many variations on the theme, it's probably new to the target audience. As far as I remember, books 1 and 2 were pretty good with the quality falling off a bit in book 3. Worth a read if you're a fast reader.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I don't know anything about the Hunger Games, except that my nephews and nieces talk about it alot. I'll have to wait and see...
          Yea,they are aimed at teens my 14 year old devoured these last winter.They are not bad.If your neices and nephews liked them they might also
          like the young adult series of repairman jack books by F.Paul Wilson.My son loves these just as much.Having read most of the repairman jack books I also
          found these interesting.Got to keep these kids reading good stuff and away from twilight

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            Got to keep these kids reading good stuff and away from twilight
            Can I get an "AMEN!" and a "GAWD"---I said "GAWD_BOMB!" on that!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Amen!
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

No GAWD BOMB?
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    no gawd bomb?
                    gawd bomb!!!!!!!!!!gawd bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now turn that frown upside down

Comment

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yas Lawdy, a big Gawd Bomb!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X